September 09 Check in Tuesday 1rst******

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Wow!! Another new month...I can't believe we are in September! Didn't we just start August?? Anyway, today will be the bootcamp 4 day split workout for me...

Now, time to start the day with school lessons!!

Good Morning Kathy & all who follow!

Rest day for me and today I'm the mama of a 17 yr old boy - He was my smallest baby @ 4#.11 oz and now he is 6' ft and towers over me lol

Getting ready to start my day at school.

Hottie I hope you are doing okay as I am hearing about those fires; while I was watching the news this morning I couldn't help but think of you and your hubby and dog.

Hoping all are well!

picture.php

Hi Kathy and Vilma and everyone!!

RABBIT RABBIT!

Today I'm doing 4DS: KB, LEG & CORE. I was really wanting to go for a run today, but I have a TON to do , shopping for Zach's birthday supper and baking treats and shopping for school supplies. But the rest of the week is supposed to be stellar as far as weather, Sunny, cool 70's, so I guess I can wait...

OMG, VILMA!..how did I forget we had our first borns (or was your daughter your first born? :eek:) . on the same day (with a few years in between!). It's Zach's 14th Birthday today, too! ANd he was also my smallest, 5 lbs, 9 oz! How funny, huh?... Enjoy your "rest day"!! I'm sure well deserved! LOL!

Kathy: Have fun with BC today!!

BBL~!

Good morning! Every first of the month I always have trouble finding the thread because I'm still looking for the previous month in the title! Yes, hard to believe it's Sept!! Makes me want to look for Cathe's new rotation. :p

Happy Birthday to your birthday boys, Vilma & Chris! Chris, are you doing some sort of party for 14? And it was just Jake's birthday, too, is that right? I know you have a crazy Sept. birthday extravaganza......

I ended up doing 4DS KB, the KB portion only and then followed with Tracy's Squeeze lower body challenge -- subbing the leg work as I have said I would do. It was all quite the calorie burner and my legs are rubber now! I got up a little after 4:00, so had time to add in some Exhale Core Fusion Glute work as well. Heck, I was done with the kbing before 5:00 -- crazy!!! I love love love that kickbox workout!

Chris, will you run tomorrow? I would love to go for a run tomorrow, but I think the chances of me working that in are very very slim, so I have to think about what cardio I'll do. Any suggestions, anyone?

Dylan is sick -- I have a feeling I should keep him home from school today. I am never quite sure how to judge that if there isn't a fever involved!

Oh, Chris.... on the shoulder -- I suppose going to a dr. does seem the obvious thing! -- doh! -- but, I'm sure I would have to go to my gp first, and I dunno.... I guess I feel like I should live with it for a while first and see what happens -- seems like too much of a time sync to go down the dr. route if it may just heal itself if I lay off for a while, you know?

Oooooh, just noticed the shock cardio update on the top of the screen! And it sounds like I'll get that darn power tower soon, finally! I think if I had known it was going to take so long I may not have ordered..... I'll be very happy to get it though.

Have a great day......

Happy Birthday to the boys!! Hope they both have wonderful days!!!

Beth: I am getting excited about the shock cardio too!! Sounds super tough!

Chris: We are having nice 70 days too!! I am loving it. I think a walk today is in order!!

Vilma: Enjoy your rest day and have a great day at school!!

Ok, still working on school lessons...time to get back and give Chris a Spelling test..

Hey everyone..

I just ordered some new ankle weights from Cathe's site..There is a $10.00 off coupon on facebook to use until Labor Day..It was great that covered all of the shipping and a little more...Just a little FYI...

Hi ladies. Been MIA for a few days...life gets in the way!! I'm keeping up with the Insanity rotation. Did one over the weekend and one yesterday. I just couldn't get out of bed this morning, though. So, I'm going to run on the treadmill in a bit and get back to Insanity tomorrow. I haven't run in weeks - it'll be interesting to see how my endurance is.

Hottie, hope you are all OK with those fires.

Happy Birthday to Zach and your son, Vilma! :) :) Caitlyn's birthday is this Saturday. She'll be 7. Yikes!

Chris, I feel like I've been shopping for school supplies for weeks! I sent them all to school with everything on their lists, but it seems like everyday someone comes home with a note that they need something else. Those goofy book sox things are going to kill me. We just used to cover the books with the comics from the newspaper!

Hope you are all enjoying your 4DS week! Is everyone starting STS this month? I'm sticking it out with Insanity if it kills me (it might ;)).

Kathy, good deal on the ankle weights!

Beth, I'm with Chris, maybe you should see a doctor. But, I know what you mean. Sometimes you feel like it's a waste of time when they just tell you to do what you've been doing. And, finding the time to go is hard. I've had this cough for a few weeks and it sounds horrible. DH keeps telling me to go to the doctor, but when?? I think they have evening hours - I'll have to check.

Colin had his scrimmage this weekend. They put him in as quarterback. :0. He did pretty well - he was so excited to be QB. They also used him as a running back and he had a couple good runs.

School has just started and I'm afraid it's going to be a challenging year. Mostly for Colin. I don't know what the deal is, but he's getting so stressed and frustrated already. He has a project to do and tried to start it Sunday. I don't know if he wasn't paying attention, but he was confused about what to do. He just sat there crying and crying. I was trying to read the directions and explain it to him, but he kept crying and wouldn't focus. Finally I told him I'd email his teacher and ask for clarification. He talked to Colin and he seems less stressed about it, but we haven't had a chance to work on it again. Then he didn't understand his math homework last night. It's hard to help him because they do it differently than we learned in school. So I can tell him how to get the answer the way I knokw, but he's confused because that's not how he learned it. So, I have to learn the way he learned it and then explain it to him. I'm trying to do this and of course he's losing it and crying and frantically erasing and destroying his homework paper. UGH!! Hopefully things will get better or I may lose my mind!

Anyway, I'm all over the place here!! I think I had more to post, but you've probably all lost interest by now! ;)

Oh, doesn't STS cardio look great!! I'm getting pretty excited about it!

Have a good day all...

Joanne

Joanne: That is exciting that Colin got to be QB..That is a great position..I hope it gets better for him in school. I know it is frustrating when you don't get something right away. Lauren has some problems in Math that way. She will just complain about her assignments. Then take forever to complete them because she doesn't want to deal with learning it. Lauren is working on a Science research project right now and it is tough. Tough to teach too!!

Ok, just back from a walk. We walked to the post office since I had something to mail today...It isn't too far from us. Took us about an hour there and back. I think it is about 2 miles...Now, the kids are eating lunch. We need to finish school lessons. Then they want to go to the park and play at the playground which is just down the street. Then, I need to get my workout in for today!!! Time is getting away from me today. But, it is a beautiful day here today..I love it!!

Kathy, nice walk! Glad you are enjoying a beautiful day.

Joanne, what grade is Colin in again? Middle school? I don't suppose they have any study groups, do they? At our middle school, all of the teachers are available both before and after school to go over homework if the kids don't get it -- do they have anything like that available? Poor guy!

Yes, I think a bunch of us are planning to start STS on the 14th. I'm hoping my shoulder will be ready for it! :) Darn it, shoulder are my favorite thing to work, too!

Chris, I keep meaning to tell you that I've been eating the Happy Girl egg cup, though I'm not so happy because I put it on a slice of whole wheat toast. Today I went hog wild and put it on a bagel. :eek: I like it! Better than a plain scrambled egg, for sure. For those who are clueless, it's an egg or two in a pam-sprayed cup with a wedge of laughing cow in it. Actually, HG suggests egg beaters, but because I live on a chicken ranch and have more than two dozen eggs in my frig at any one time, I use real eggs. :D

And, my first born was 5 pounds exactly at birth -- I called him my little bag of sugar. They were so tiny, weren't they?!

Back to cleaning and reading with sick child.....

Beth, Colin is just starting fifth grade. School has always come easy to him - I think part of it is that he's had some pretty laid back teachers and he sailed through everything. He's been on high honor roll, except for that "blip" last year. This year everything is stepped up a bit and they're jumping right into things. He just wants to get it done and not have to think it through. I'm going to see how things go for the the next week or so and then talk with his teacher. I'm sure he'd be willing to give him some extra help. We just have to stay on top of him. I do have to say that I am really regretting not keeping his brother's projects from when they were in fifth grade! The project he has now is the same as Ian's last year. I'm sure it would help him to look at a completed one.

Kathy, I really admire you even more for home-schooling when I'm dealing with homework issues. I get frustrated after a few minutes - and you do this every day!

Beth, isn't that the Hungry Girl recipe? ;) But a Hungry Girl is not a Happy Girl!! Oh yea, you have to use those fresh eggs...yum. I have to try that...

My smallest baby was 7 pounds 4 ounces - that was Ian. He's probably going to be the biggest kid of all, too. Caitlyn was actually the biggest at 8 lbs 4 oz.

Oh, I did do my itread run. I felt great at the beginning, but really peetered out at the end. I did 3.5 miles altogether. I have just about all the itreads (I bought the package awhile ago), so I'm going to try to get through them all. Today I did itread 1 - 40 minutes.

Gotta do some work...

Joanne

Ooops, yeah, hungry, not happy! :D She seems so happy though.

Travis is also in 5th this year! Yes, I've been warned that fifth grade is a jump. I think we are somewhat prepared, because the teacher he had for 3rd grade had been teaching 8th grade, so she gave them really hard homework. I have a friend who was teaching 3rd at another school that year, and she looked at some of the homework and noticed that something would be changed on it, but it was some assignment the teacher had used for her 8th graders the previous year! Ironically enough, he has that teacher this year for language arts and social studies. He liked her, and she really knows the kids, so I think it will work out well. Both teachers seems to have the philosophy that this year is all about prepping them for middle school, so they bought them planners and every day they write down assignments in the planners, etc., and they really try to teach them good study skills. I agree with you completely on admiring Kathy for the home schooling!!

3.5 miles is a good run!

So good news -- I'm done my period! Bad news, the fires are still raging on. My car was covered in ash today. I was hoping that rain might come in but it doesn't look like it now but it seems that the humidity is helping out the firefighters.

I had wanted to do a circuit today but my body was so stiff from getting little sleep I think that I couldn't get myself to do it. I popped in the double cardio premix for LIS+HIS since you guys were talking about the two so much. :) I was hoping that LIS would warm me up enough for HIS which worked fine though I was sluggish through the whole thing. It takes a while to get back into the groove I guess. Yesterday I didn't come home for ten hours, today will be shorter so hopefully I'll get more rest. Last night was also spend on experimenting on adding a raw food component to Evee's diet where I shoved all this healthy yummy stuff into a pressure cooker and the dog just went bat$hit (dog$hit?). She was like -- I SMELL MEAT I SMELL MEAT I WILL FREAK OUT MY MOMMY BY GOING WAYYY TOO CLOSE TO THE PRESSURE COOKER ALL NIGHT. I only screwed up in the amount of water I added but everything else seemed to work out pretty well. I put them in some containers so I can pull them out whenever I want in addition to her dry food. She was so drawn to the pressure cooker she didn't even really bother me and Joe while we gorged on Pizza Hut because I had a $20 craving. Holy crap that stuffed crust pan pizza was good. But its nice too -- we ordered so much that I don't have to think about cooking for at least two days which gives me time to go buy REAL food and actually cook it.

Hmm...my life is so much more boring than the rest of yours. How do you guys put up with me?!?!?!

Kathy -- awesome BC workout with a nice workout! August!?? It felt like yesterday was June!! how cool with the ankle weights -- thanks about the FB coupon but don't tempt me!! I still have to deal with a chimney, water heater, garage door, fighting a dentist bill...

Vilma -- happy bday to your little one! Thanks for the good wishes -- I have some pictures up on FB from when I'm in the car. There's a shot that was on the news from the Rose Bowl and I'm less than a mile away from there. I trust in our firefighters so I don't think it will affect me but we're on alert if I need to zip up there to get Evee...

Chris -- happy bday to your little one too! Same anniversary and same bday in the group -- we share a lot don't we? What are you making Zach for his bday? Mmm...makes me think of what I get for my bday...paratha and lamb curry. Ok, now I'm hungry!

Beth -- take care of that shoulder!! I love that KB workout too. It's a ton of fun and I was really happy that the class I took was very reminiscent of that (for at least 20 minutes). Didn't you say the same thing about STS as you did about the tower now? ;) I hope Dylan feels better soon.

Joanne -- oh that sucks for Colin. Hopefully, its just the getting used to it part of the beginning of the year and once he figures out the teacher's expectations he'll be fine. I always had a hard time in the first month of school because it was all that adapting to figuring out what the teacher wanted. (and i was lazy.) but that's cool about the football positions -- I personally think running backs make the most exciting plays (unless you're Brian Urlacher. I just love them stomping on anything in front of him. And I love teasing people who criticize hiim -- why don't YOU go tell Urlacher he sucks?? I DARE YOU!).

Hmm...it's almost time to shove some food down my throat. I have to call up technical support for one of my experiments to ask them for some advice...

Hey again!

Got a bunch done... First my workout! I did do 4DS KB, and i forget how much I like that one!... I did the Legs & Core afterwards. Legs was tough. I swear, my low end is still sore from Plyo last week. And those low end lunges always start OUT ok, but by the second set I have tears in my eyes and barely think I'' eek them out!

I went school shopping, grocery shopping, card shopping... I ordered the boys the Gladiater Jousting Inflatable for their party!! (the 12th). We do a combo party for the boys, family and friends (it's a BASH!). Zach's bday is today, Alex's is tomorrow and Jacob's is the 14th. :eek:

I'm pooped!

Now I'm baking! :eek:

Beth: You made me laugh, getting up at 4am!! And all that you did! I am biting at the bit for my Physique57 to come!!!.... Oh I will DEFINITELY Run tomorrow. All the college kids are back at school today, and seeing everyone do their runs gets me all jealous and psyched for a run! .... I do agree with waiting a few weeks on the shoulder. Did you look for stretches to do? You'd hate to go to the doctor just for them to tell you you have muscle strain..LOL!... YES! I'm also getting psyched for that Shock Cardio!! Omg, it sounds crazy , but fun that only Cathe can do!... LOL, I was wondering why you said you'd only use real eggs for the Hungry Girl Egg Mug, of course, your chickens!! It is yummy! Have you tried those Arnolds Sandwich Thins? they are really good toasted with the egg too!
Too funny about your 5 lb bag of sugar! I guess we did have small babies! ... Funny thing is , they told me I had Gestational Diabetes. Your babies are supposed to be BIG when you have that. guess they were mistaken! LOL!

Joanne: WOO HOO for keeping up with Insanity! Sounds like you're liking it! Great for getting a run in today too...you are flying!!... OMG, how fun that must have been for Colin to play QB. Hope you got some great pictures!!.... Oh, God, homework IS so frustrating! I tend to be the one that cries and gets frustrated though..Seriously! I wish I had better patience with that. I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with the kudos to Kathy for home schooling!! ... I hope things get better with Colin. I think it's hard in the beginning of the year too, to transition over to school from summer. It is for me!

Kathy: I'm bummed I'm so busy today and couldn't enjoy outside as much. Your walk sounds wonderful! Cool on the weights from Cathe.com. I WANT to buy something, but not sure what I want. Well, there are 2 things I kind of want. The mat for top of the step for weight work, and a double thick yoga mat. I don't think either are available now. I also want Stretchmax, but I'm waiting for the Monday 30% off... impatiently!

the boys just came home and have a TON more for me to do for them for school tomorrow. Oh my, I miss summer! LOL!!!

Hottie, I'm not bored at all "listening" to your life! ;) I find everyone's different stuff very interesting! Glad to hear TOM is finally gone. Good riddance, huh?! What a good dog-mommy you are! OMG, Tully loves when we add meat to her food. We give her dry dog food (Costco brand), but if we have any leftover meat from dinner, we add that in. It's fun making dogs so happy - it takes so little effort sometimes and they sure do show their appreciation. Not always true for husbands and kids! ;) Oooh, I have such a craving for some really good cheesy pizza. I should probably just give in and order tonight or I'll keep obsessing about it. Are you a Bears fan?? Actually Brian Urlacher has not had the best seasons the past couple years (but of course I wouldn't tell him that!), but he's looking better so far this year. Everyone's really excited here with our new quarterback we stole from Denver. Ha!

Chris, didn't you have something similar last year for the boys' party? I remember thinking you had bought it for them! We did get pictures of Colin playing - that reminds me to download them off the camera. If there's any good ones, I'll post them. Oh, I was pretty darn close to tears with Colin, too! Especially since I'm trying to help him and I have Caitlyn whining about something else in the background trying to get my attention. I need a couple clones of me, I think.

Beth, so far fifth grade is definitely a jump. It seems to be the year with the most homework. Things seem to come easier to Jameson and Ian, so it really wasn't a struggle with them. Actually Jameson did help Colin with his math yesterday, did much better than I was!

Procrastinating on finishing a project...must go!

Joanne

Hottie, I forgot to answer your dog food question.... because...... I don't buy it, Larry does, so I have no idea what kind she eats. He really has kept his word about it (a dog) not being work for me.

Chris, I have no seen those Arnold Sandwich Thins -- are they with the crackers or the bread? I'll have to check them out.

Yes, cannot wait for shock cardio! It's sounding very interesting and I'm definitely needing some new cardio options..... I'm still not sure what I'll do tomorrow, but I'm thinking I may do that Jillian BFBM or whatever the initials are! I cannot remember if she has burpees in them -- I will not be able to do those.

I walked to the mailbox with Dylan. Not quite the post office -- took ten minutes. It's hot out there.....

Hottie, I was thinking someone had asked about dog food, but was thinking I was crazy, so I didn't directly answer the question. But Beth's comment confirmed that you had! I just always remember our vet saying meat should be the first ingredient in the ingredient list, so I've always gone by that. That would mean meat is the highest percentage ingredient. Hardly any of the supermarket brands fit that criteria. Everything we've always gotten with the Costco brand has been high quality and their dog food lists meat as the first ingredient, so we've been giving that to Tully forever. She's fine with it - no problems.

Back to work...

Geesh! The boys came home and shoved their homework at me! Yes, *I* had to do their homework (find pictures and print them off. Alex needed pictures of the kitties and Jake needs pictures of himself and what he likes to do). Ugh!

Hottie: Glad to hear TOM is FINALLY gone! It'd be nice if you didn't have it visit for another 6 months after all that time! ICK!... I've been reading about the fires and seeing them on the news. How horrible!! and scary!! I will pray for rain for you guys. Good job on LIS/HIS! Good combination!.... You are too funny about Evee and her food. Me thinks you need a baby! LOL!. She does sound too cute. .... Oh that pizza sounds YUMMY! If it were the weekend, i'd be all over one. For some reason , I get all goodie-two-shoes during the week. ... Zach picked Deviled Eggs (he freakin loves those things!) and Grilled Cheeseburgers for his birthday supper! Alex's is tomorrow and he picked Chocolate Chip Pancakes and Sunny Side Up Eggs! (I talked him out of Lobster)

Joanne: Yes, we did the Gladiator Joust last year too. The boys requested it again and are inviting twice as many friends :eek: . Fun fun! ... It is horribly frustrating dealing with that homework frustrations. I swear, there have been times I just yell out of the answer in frustration. i really TRY to get them to get it on their own. I know, I'm a bad mother! ... So far, they've just had fun homework , 1st week , ya know.

Beth: The Arnold Sandwich Thins are with the bread products. Pepperidge Farm does them too, Iv'e had both, they are all good! .... Forgot to suggest some cardio for you for tomorrow. Lets see, what would I do if I couldn't run? I probably would do a Jillian workout. Or probably a Turbo Jam (i know you don't like them). Hard choice!!!

Again, I've been typing this for 40 minutes! LOL!!!

I remember the joust pictures from last year -- it does look like a lot of fun!

I think I may go ahead and try the bi/tri disc tomorrow because netlfix is mailing firm cardio party to me for Thursday. I dunno -- may see how I feel in the morning. I think I can do bi/tri work, but who knows?! Maybe I'm stupid for trying!

Just picked up Travis from school and there's already been a huge fight.... of course while I was on the phone making a mammogram appt. -- what could be better than this?!

It's funny -- we bought the Arnold Sandwich thins (but Beth, its not called Arnold on the west coast, its called Orowheat -- it's only Arnold on the east coast). It's in the refrigerator for weeks now because we mean to try it but have not yet.

Joanne -- I remember loving the 5th grade actually but I think it was because of my teacher. I had been placed in not academically challenging groups and I would underperform because I was bored and my fifth grade teacher saw that I was indeed smart and put me in all the fastest groups and my results skyrocketed. But 6th grade and lockers...oh those lockers...middle school frankly sucked big time but I think it was bad for everyone.

Beth -- be careful but I hope you do fine tomorrow! There's something seriously wrong if it takes you 10 minutes to go get your mail! JK! Teach Gina how to bring it home! I don't think I could ever trust Joe to feed Evee. I love the man but I think I love the dog more!

Chris -- mmm...lobster...yeah, I'm pretty good in the week too but I just wanted it. I didn't want to think about cooking since I got screwed over the weekend with pain so its more so that I can rest up tonight. But I am looking forward to reheating all that awful food in about 2 hrs.

GOSH I'M HUNGRY!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.