September 09 Check in Labor Day Weekend

Good morning! Wow, Kathy, what a great productive morning you've had -- awesome! And BM2 in there, too! Have a great time on your trip! I also hate coming home to a yucky house.

Joanne! Wow! What a day you had! Is he feeling any better today? That is very scary, and yes, totally crazy that insurance won't pay for the test. I swear, our health care system is sooooo messed up!! Too bad about Caitlyn's birthday! Yes, please tell us.... what is a Texas donut? Is it just huge? I sure hope no one else in your house gets so sick! And yes, funny about the roof, though I know that awful, tense, stressful space -- no fun!!

Hi Vilma!!! And Chris and Hottie, of course!

I did a mish-mosh of cc 1 & 2 this morning. My legs were fine when I was running, but man they were sore when I stretched, and I don't think it was from the running! All that barre work..... Sure hope it's making a difference. I'm getting really psyched about starting STS again, though I looked at what I had written down for workouts this week and I did have Lalo and NMTZ. I do really really like those two, so I may try to work them in this week since I know I won't be able to for a long time. Chris, maybe you should "do" Lalo once again, too. ;)

I've got a headache that didn't go away during the running. I guess tequila and beer are not such a good combo. We have people coming over later.... I'd better hop in the shower.......

I want to promise I'll chat more later but too many little things and an upswing in not wanting to do any of it! I just did 4DS KB after hemming and hawing for over an hour over which workout and then tacked on the vertical step routine from KCM's Step Boxing...it was just what I needed. Tomorrow I want a circuit though -- probably LIC. But I *think* we're done with paint drama too...it only took how many samples and how many chefs...sometimes I think its best NOT to ask other people for their opinon, you know? Anyway, it's fun though even if it stresses me out unnecessarily.

Kathy -- you were part of my indecision...I was really torn about doing BM2 but I think I'll save that right before I start STS.
Beth -- I hope your headache goes away you lightweight...
Joanne -- that IS a crazy day. I'm so sorry about the flu stuff. It seems counterproductive and stupid. you know, if your DH wants he can help stem a future 20K job for me by pulling off the FOUR LAYERS of my current roof...
Vilma and Chris -- I hope you're doing well!!

Hi ladies...

Stopping to checkin for today's workout..I have been finishing up with cleaning and packing. We are staying in a suite with a kitchen. So, we can fix a few meals. I have been trying to guess what we would want to eat...That is tough..Can't take everything. But, I am trying to do my best!

Anyway, I did Interval max today. I decided to do it on a 6" step since I did BM2 yesterday..It was still a great workout!! Tomorrow I plan to get up early and do LIC before we leave. Then, at least I know I have worked out tomorrow. I plan to use the exercise room at the hotel. But, we all know how that goes. Friday we will be at Busch Gardens. So, lots of walking there...Wednesday I will rest and will need it. We are hoping for good weather so we have fun at the beach. The Weather Channel says it is suppose to rain. Boo Hoo...Vic and I were talking about it last night. We are not going to be happy if it rains the whole time...we don't like to spend tons of money to sit in a hotel or do things we can do at home. We want the beach!

Ok, enough ranting...If I don't get back on here in the morning, have a great week..I think we are taking the laptop and if we do I will try to log on and check in....If I don't, I will be back on Saturday!!

Hey Hottie: we were posting at the same time..I am doing LIC tomorrow too...I always throw BM2 into the player before a trip. It is such a tough workout that I don't feel bad about a few days rest after it...

Beth: I hope your headache is better too!

Joanne: So sorry to hear how sick Jameson was yesterday..That is scary stuff with the temp so high! How is he doing today? I hope better...Happy Birthday to Caitlyn! What a great Mom you are for doing the half hour drive..It is those kind of things she will remember( Hopefully!) I can relate on the pushing hubby off the roof! Been there and wanted to do that too. HAHA I am hoping that Jameson is better today and nobody else catches his bug!

HI Chris and Vilma!!!

Hey Everyone!!

The weekend flew! Go figure!

Sunday night at work was pretty nice. Busy enough, but not too busy. I ended up getting out a bit late, had a later morning admission. And then had to stop for milk. But of course, "milk" turns into lettuce, turkey burgers, rolls, etc etc. I wish I could JUST GET MILK for once!

My alarm went off earlier than expected today. well, I should say GREG'S alarm! He had it set from yesterday, so I got up after only 4 hours sleep. Whatever, I felt ok.

I've been having a tough time trying to decide what to do this week for workouts. I'm pissed because Physique57 hasn't come yet. Ideally, it would have been nice to do that and running before STS. It was shipped out 1 and 1/2 weeks ago! So, I'm hoping for tomorrow. Plan is tomorrow to run, anyways. So today, I figured all upper body weights. I wanted soem cardio too, so I ended up doing 4DS LIS Circuit. It was good, but seemed like such little upper body weight. I didn't swear at Cathe ONCE!

Kathy: You are such a good girl, getting in tough stuff workouts and getting ready for vacation! I wouldn't stress about getting to the hotel gym. You sound like you've worked out enough for a week already!! Nice you have a kitchen ... Hope the weather holds out for you guys!!!

Hottie: I hate being so indecisive about workouts too. I think we both did good ones, but I then think I'd wish I'd done more. You did a BIG cardio today!!..

Beth: Good CC today! Those are always a good push! Did you drink last night? is that why you have a headache? No sympathy for drinking headaches :p . I am excited for STS too!! It's going to be good to get back into it with you guys! ... I was thinking about Lalo today too! AND Jillian, since I still haven't done one of her workouts yet. I definitely want to squeeze Lalo (in) this week! ;) So I don't have a problem with cardio, it's just the weight work , I NEED Physique 57!!!! :mad:

Joanne
: Oh no on your sick boy!!! And you not feeling good either!... I have to say, it does sound like the swine flu to me. Coming on so quickly and HITTING HARD. That's what it did to Zach. He was WIPED OUT, couldn't move , and those fevers went HIGH. Horrible. I guess I can see one side of not checking for the Swine Flu. there really is no extra treatment for it. The only time there is, is if there is an underlying health condition. Like diabetes, or asthma, or immune problems, etc. And then the push the Tamiflu to get rid of the symptoms quicker. But it's also nice to know, so you can isolate and sanitize even more. And now, I'm thinking, they really should have done the test and possibly started Jameson on Tamiflu since Caitlyn is higher risk, right? Do they consider her higher risk because of her health history? Health care annoys me most times. .... I know what a Texas Donut is!!! We got one for Alex and Jake once , a LONG time ago. It's HUGE!!!! You are such a good mommy going on that trek to get her that donut!!

Vilma: Stay away from the texas donuts!!! It must have been nice to have the weekend off!!

Oh geesh, i better go, it's getting late!

BBL!

Hi all. Thanks for all your well wishes for Jameson. The poor guy is still miserable. Chris, yes Caitlyn definitely is high risk for the flu. I pray she doesn't get it. Or any of the other kids. I think if we would have seen our regular doctor they may have given him the Tamiflu, but they didn't in the emergency room. The doctor wants to see him in the morning. I know it's too late to give him anything though. I just heard on TV that one symptom is a persistent cough. He definitely has that. The weird thing is he had the cough about a week before these other symptoms kicked in. It's the same exact cough I had/have, but I never got as sick as him. Could you have swine flu without the other symptoms I wonder?

Chris, how long was Zach sick when he had the flu? I'm amazed no one else in your family got it. That's great. Glad you had a relatively easy night at work. I know, I always come home with at least five bags when going out for milk or bread. That P57 better come soon!

Beth, good job with CC! If I have one beer, I get a headache the next day. I'm old!!

Kathy, sounds like fun vacation. I'm be keeping my fingers crossed for that rain to stay away!

Hottie, sure, I can send my DH over on your roof. You may want to send him back though! ;) But, he'd probably be on his best behavior for you. You know how kids always behave better at other people's houses? ;)

Oh yeah, a Texas donut is just a huge donut. Let's see if I can post a picture:

Also, if this worked, a picture of my football player.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Joanne

Attachments

• DSC01722.jpg
    DSC01722.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC01659.jpg
    DSC01659.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 6
OMG, Joanne! Look at your kids! They are so cute! Look at the DONUT! OMG, I didn't realize it was THAT big! YUM! That's awesome!

I think it could be a few things with Jameson. Maybe #1 the cough a week prior to him getting sick is unrelated? When the flu comes on it hits HARD. After seeing Zach, I feel confident I can spot it in a second if the other kids get sick. Zach suddenly had a HIGH fever, and he was out of commision. He had a little cough, but complained more of body aches and he was soooo tired and wiped out. He literally couldn't move out of his bed. He did end up on the Tamiflu, which I think helped lesson the length of time he was sick. But he peaked with even higher temperatures and vomitted once at it's worse. (Day 3). And then he started getting better, slowly. I'd say he started actually MOVING on Day 5. By Day 7 he was ok. I kept him on strict isolation (copied from what we do at work). He was isolated to his room. I had hand sanitizer at his door , EVERYONE used it upon entering and leaving. He had his own bathroom. He ate all his meals in his room, and all his dishes went in the dishwasher. I also had masks to wear for anyone going into his room. I had to be serious about this, since we were leaving for Hershey the next week (plus I really didn't want to get sick or have the other kids feel so miserable OR Greg..he'd be the worst baby of all!).

The other possibility, Joanne, is that he could have Pneumonia (I don't get why they don't do chest xrays!!). Jake had it last Fall. He had low grade fevers, and a cough/cold symptoms. And then suddenly his temperature spiked HIGH , and he couldn't sleep at night due to high fever and coughing.

At least he's going to the doctor tomorrow. ... Hope your night goes ok!!

Joanne -- those are the cutest pictures! Thanks for posting -- I cannot believe the size of that donut. Who bought multiples of that?! (and made you drive all over town) How fun.

Chris, yes, it was a drinking headache. We thought we figured out why.... we had people come for lunch and Larry was making margaritas for him, and it seemed as though the mix he used for me yesterday already had tequila mixed in, and then he mixed in more, but we read the label better and no tequila. I was horrified in the instant that we believed it though. :eek:

I may do Jillian's NMTZ tomorrow -- my recollection is that Lalo is even harder, so that's why I pushing it off. Does anyone with both recollect which is harder on the upper body? I'm feeling a bit better, but still sort of sore, and don't want to push it.

Chris, so glad you are here to give Joanne a little advice. Sounds like isolation would be a good thing even if you don't know for sure that it's swine flu.

OMG!!!! I can't even eat one donut without my IBS acting up which is good because I just stay away from them lol but DANG!!!! I've never seen a donut that big.

Joanne your kids are cute!

Off I go to bed as my crazy week will start all over again ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.