Sept 08 ~~~ Tues. 23 ~~~ 1st Full Day of Autumn

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Today I plan on having an outstanding, stress free day .

How about you all? :)

Didn't get much sleep due to playing taxi (didn't get home 'til midnight) watched the 3rd season of Heroes and its going to be a good season wow lol

Never did imbibe in wine as I had to drive but its all good.

BBL

picture.php

Hi Vilma

I am sure my day will end up not as stressful as I think it is going to be but.... I need to get the house ready for a showing at 11:00, go grocery shopping while house is being shown, pick up DS from school get the other two off bus go to orthodontist sign DS up for basketball, homework, and somewhere in all that I need to study for my class:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Checking in with Body Max 1. I didn't do the whole workout because I had to stop to get they boys ready for school. How is everyone else???

BBL

Lori

kaffeetrinker_2.gif

Good morning Vilma, Lori...all that follow me...

Thanks for the sympathy yesterday on my mood. I wasn't in a good place. Sounds like you and me, Vilma, should have had a wine & chocolate party together!! I also didn't get a load of sleep, with my little sleep yesterday after working, and then up at 12:30, 3:00a last night for sugar checks, and finally good for 6:00. These 3 hour increments kill me sometimes...

This morning I HAVE to bring in the rest of Clinical Advancement Packet. It's not due until tomorrow, but it's one of those things I just have to get done, because it's going to sit there and bug me. I'll probably stop at the farm stand on the way home and then come back for my workout.

Scheduled is LIS, but I know I can't do step yet. I tried yesterday doing the DM warm up, and just THAT bothered my toe/foot. So I'll do a Turbo Jam, probably Cardio Party 1.

I didn't tell you guys about when I was driving the boys to their CCD class..... We passed the Park, and there was a huge group of college kids stretching and RUNNING in the field where I run. I seriously got so upset, I had tears in my eyes (I wasn't in the best emotional place to start with!). I was so jealous and I truly mourn this time of year that I can't run. I'm pathetic, I know.

Vilma:
Hope you have a better day today!!!! We both need it!

Lori: good luck on the showing. It's hard to drop life for these showings, so hopefully this one will be *it*!! And I think any part of BM is a great workout, finished or not...

BBL....

Hey everyone..

Not sure what I will do today. I had to move the rotation days around some to make up for the days gone. I think I will do Rhythmic Step today...Not much else going on. The kids are still sniffling and coughing. so, I am not taking Lauren to her drawing class. I don't want to get any other kids sick...

Vilma:I am also hoping for a stress fress day!! Yesterday was tough getting back into our schedule after being gone...

Lori: That is alot to do today..I remember having to constantly clean to show a house. The last time I did that Chris was a baby and Lauren was about 3 with all the toys. I never let them take out too much stuff so I wouldn't have to panic when someone wanted to show the house. Good luck today!!

Chris: Oh, I do hope that you get some sleep soon. I remember nights like that!! Do you think that toe has healed any? How much longer do you have to suffer with it? Sorry you can't run. I know I would be going crazy if I couldn't get my cardio in like I like to!!

Ok, gotta get those kids into their lessons some more..Talk to you later..

Hey everyone! I almost didn't get up this morning, but I realized I wasn't going to get back to sleep, so I may as well workout. I did power hour, and I feel like my legs hardly got worked, but my ub is fried. The yoga I did yesterday was Paul Grilley's hip series. It's yin yoga -- where you hold each pose about 5 minutes. You can check out clips of it on youtube, but you may find it incredibly boring. I have hip trouble, so I knew I needed it, and it helps. I also do Barkan's yoga -- because I used to do Bikram -- and I also like flexible warrior for a quick fix. Let me know if you have any specific questions -- I've tried a lot of yoga dvds!

Lori, good luck with your busy day and the showing! Chris & Vilma, I hope you have better days today. My day fell apart yesterday afternoon and last night -- maybe it was something in the air! Kathy, I hope the kids aren't too sick -- good for you for not exposing the other artists.

Off to really begin my day.....

-Beth

Good morning -- running late so no time for personals, but just finished up LIC mostly -- had to cut out a pushup portion and the abs. Going to hit the shower and get to work since I'm running so late. Good job on everyone's workouts!

Hey again!

Got it DONE! I drove to the hospital and got my paperwork in (45 minute drive each way, in gross traffic!). What it is is paperwork for advancement "Up the clinical nursing ladder". There are Clinical I's, II's, III's and IV's. I've been a II forEVER. They ended up changing the requirements for III, so I wanted to go for it. It's an 8% raise!! (That's the motivation!). Anyhow, it's in. I also stopped for fresh farm veggies and fruits. I got: local Macoun Apples, Eggplant, pickling cucumbers,green peppers, red lettuce, celery and Acorn Squash!

I also got in my workout. I was hungry when I got home, so I ate a Greek Yogurt & an apple about 30 minutes before my workout. I did TURBO JAM's: Cardio Party..The Original. It was TON of fun, and really concentrates on Core cardio. But, oddly enough, I developed a huge stomach ache about 3/4's of the way through! Guess I shouldn't have ate and then "crunched" my abs! . I did finish though, nice and sweaty!!

Kathy: RS is a great choice! Talking about good fun sweaty workouts! Hope you had fun. I think my toe is better, but it still hurts some. Especially with prolonged standing or walking or pressure on it. "They" say it takes a month to heal. So we're looking about Mid-October. It better be! I signed up to do the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes) Walk on October 19th! It's the first year I was able to get the time off, so I'm pretty excited!! I've always wanted to do it. They're having it at Six Flags, providing breakfast, lunch, Looney Tune characters, fun stuff for the kids! (and adults!). So it BETTER heal!!

Beth: that's how I felt about yesterday's DM: All body weights premix. I felt SOME UB, but NO LB. And I' almost switched to do PH. Probably wouldn't have made a difference... That Yoga sounds intense! (in a good way intense). Someone on OD was talking about free downloads of Yoga on iTunes. I went over to iTunes and listened and this guy was really good. I forget his name , but he was a "surfer" dude . I liked his voice. I just might grab those downloads... There must have been something in the air yesterday is right! sorry you had a crap afternoon. Hope today makes up for it!

Hottie: @ you as you by!!

CU later guys... I'm off to the backyard to catch some sunshine...

Chris, congrats on getting the paperwork in -- an 8% raise is definitely motivation!

On the yoga... yes, it was Eoinn Flynn or however its spelled.... I saw that too, and did download a few of his, though who knows if I will actually do them -- I do like the video cues! But, people really seem to like him.

Oh Chris, I've been meaning to comment on the electronic bracelets or whatever they are that you mentioned so that meds won't get mixed up. I sure could have used that when I was in delivering my second baby. I had on the big red bracelet that was supposed to alert them that I'm allergic to penicillan. Well, somehow they missed it, and when they gave me the precautionary meds because I tested positive for strep B, they gave me some kind of penicillan and I reacted. Not badly, I was just super itchy, and they were super nervous! I think they were worried about a lawsuit more than anything. :) Anyway, yes, I imagine those bracelets will be a great thing. I just listened to a This American Life podcast about two women who were switched at birth -- so interesting!! That also made me think of you and the bracelets, even though it's a little different issue. Ok, I'm just babbling here.

Hope you can do the diabetes walk!

-Beth

ah, at work pretending not to work. Actually, that's not really fair. I'm just pretty good about planning my experiments and today I know exactly what I'll do and when. I like to do experiments that take about 2hrs during everyone else's lunch break because then I don't have to deal with anyone interrupting me or if I need to use someone else's space, its not an issue.

I was having a hard time this morning. Probably cuz I pooped myself out yesterday. So, I always seem to have this problem when I do 4DS Kickbox after I eat dinner. My stomach just kills in the first part after the warmup. So, I ate my dinner REALLY early and I hit it with DH 3.5hrs after I ate. It wasn't nearly as bad (and I didn't have to stop) but it was still there. But I really like that workout, I making a nice sweaty mess. But I didn't join DH for Coremax, showered, and then plopped myself into bed. I woke up to the alarm at 5a, but I just didn't want to move. DH brought me eggos which were yummy but I just stayed under some covers watching the Senate Committee listen to Paulson and Bernake for a while. I am glad I go to LIC -- I haven't done it in a while and I always have the same problem. Through the warmup I'm like, what am I thinking, why am I trying this on 8 inches, Damnit, just push through the warmup, But man I don't wanna, JUST DO IT, and then 2 minutes into the first step combo I am FINE and so happy I kept it at 8 inches. Maybe my body is just too cold at first.

personals!

Vilma - cheers on your stress free day!
Lori - good luck on the house showing. We're still waiting to hear from the bank about the offer we put on a short sale. Hoping you have better luck than us.
Kathy - have fun with RS. What kind of drawing classes do your children go to? Like, is it formal instruction or more like a craft kinda class.
Beth - good for you for getting out of bed! I should probably ask for more in depth opinions on yoga...I really should be doing more flexibility training.
Chris - I am so happy you got your paperwork in. 8% increase? I would totally take that. (And so would a lot of people I guess.) Is the toe getting better?

BBL, just sifting through boring technical stuff now...

We're home, we're home, we're HOME!!!!! Caitlyn is sitting here next to me watching Little
Bill and giggling (oh, and giving me orders!). They released her this morning. She's slowing getting back to herself. She's really weak and sore so it'll be awhile before she's really up and about, but her spirits are coming back. I can't tell you what a relief it is to have this surgery is over. I took off work till next Thursday so I can hang out with her. We have lots of follow up visits, too.

Sounds like alot of us have had some rough times lately! I haven't been able to read many of the posts, but hope you are all feeling better.

Chris, congrats on getting your packet done and good luck!! Good to get that off your mind, right? What type of nursing do you do? Caitlyn had absolutely amazing nursing care. What a wonderful group of women! Many of them were at the hospital when Caitlyn was there four years ago and remembered her.

Hottie, I'm the same way if I start on an 8-inch step. Usually with Low Max.

Beth, I didn't think there was too much LB in Power Hour either, just those lunges, which were probably overkill.

Kathy, I'm going to be doing a bit of homeschooling with Caitlyn. It's just kindergarten, so I should be able to handle it! Her teacher is sending home her work and we also have a tutor who will be coming an hour a day. She'll be out of school probably for six weeks. Hope you were able to get in Rythmic Step!

Lori, hope everything went well today!

Hi Vilma!

I actually did workout a few times while Caitlyn was in the hospital. DH took the night shift, so I was home in the mornings. It helped with the stress. I did most of FF's rotation last week. Tomorrow should be DM total body, but it sounds like that wasn't a favorite, so I might do something else.

I'll try to check back in tomorrow - I'm going to be homebound for awhile!

Joanne

Joanne: So glad to hear that Caitlyn is home...Great job homeschooling her for a while. I am sure she will love that. Is the tutor a from school or just someone you found? Sounds great! .Prayers that she gets 100% real soon..

Chris: That is great motivation to get the paperwork done!! Good job. Hope you are able to do that walk. It sounds fun...

Hottie: It is a formal drawing class. Lauren is taking it and Chirs is not interested. The teacher is a local artist and she teaches them all kinds of techniques like shading and blending and stuff..Her teacher told me last week that she has really come a long way in a year.. I feel that way about 8 inches sometimes too. I try to just keep getting past points and before I know it I am done.

Beth: Thanks for the well wishes for the kids. I hope their colds are gone soon too...

Checking back in with Rhythmic Step done..I always enjoy that one...

Hey guys!!!

Hi Joanne!!!!...
So good to hear from you, and Caitlyn is HOME?? I'm so happy for you guys, I swear tears in my eyes HAPPY! The hardest part is hopefully over and it's an uncomplicated recovery for her from here out. Who will stay with her for the 6 weeks if you'll be going back to work? I understand the working out last week. I'm sure it was a great stress reliever to you. Yeah, DM total body wasn't that great. Do another Total Body Weight workout, skip that one!!..... I am an RN on a Hemetology/Oncology unit. We have patient's with blood disorders and cancer too. We also get overflow Medical patients. I've been on the same unit for 21 years!

Beth: Yep..the scanners and bracelets, though they can be a PIA in the middle of the night or when they don't work right, are a real safety blanket for med errors. Holy CRAP..they gave you a med you were allergic to? That's really bad. Good thing you didn't have a full allergy reaction. (I had that STrep B too,and am allergic to Penicillin, I got an alternative antibiotic). YES. It was Eoinn Flynn. He's cool sounding!

Hottie: That's what happened to my stomach today! After eating I did Turbo Jam, which has a LOT of Core movements, and I started getting bad cramping during it. Ick!!!

Kathy: YEAH for RS!!! Hope you don't get your kids' cooties!! Stay well!!

Sorry again for the quick fly by, but I 'm just taking a 5 minute break in my experiment, but two things:

JOANNE!!! I'm so happy Caitlyn's doing well, and you too. Even DH was praying for you. Really, very very happy.

And the second thing, which is making have a huge grin on my face right now. I just got a email back from Mrs. Boylan (Cedie)...I sent her a "fan email" in July and she just responded. I'm just copying and pasting it -- she's still so nice even if she doesn't remember me.

Dear ********,

Wow, what a beautiful and heartfelt e-mail. Thank you so much for sharing and for getting back on the road to a healthy lifestyle. I really can not recall you personally, but often times I forget the really good kids. Haha. I'm so glad I was able to have a Hugh impact on you and your life. It is words like this, that remind me why I became a teacher. Good luck with all that you do and with Cathe's videos. She too has helped me become the women I am today. She is truly talented and I'm glad that both her and I made a difference in your life.
Keep on Stepping darling!!
Sincerely,

Mrs. Mercedes Boylan

Back to the bench!!!

Hiya Gals! Wuzz Up?

So tell me 1st off those who have done FF Sept Leg Blast rotation.... what are the results?

Was it a:

1. Fantastic - I'll do this again ...I definitely recommend this one
  2. Meh- It was alright, but I don't see myself doing it again
  3. It was nice but felt it didn't do much for me as I see no visible change.
  4. My results are to die for! You gotta do this one!
Okay so I'm not good at poll making :p but you get the idea. I'm so wanting to do more than what I'm doing. Today was okay my body cooperated I did Body Fusion boy I haven't done that one since Gods I can't even remember.

This week I'll be doing that DVD and her Low Impact Basic Step or whatever its called. Still keeping it lite and easy.

I also have been looking at other non Cathe Cardio workouts I still want Zumba for the latin dance moves lol and tell me about this Turbo Jam some of you have.

I'm feeling better health wise and plan on getting back to a good rotation next week when we start October but on Monday :rolleyes: its amazing what a nap can do !!:p

I feel fluffy and meh.

I want to see if I can lose 5 # to get me back down to 120# again. Thats a good weight for me. Being a shorty I need to watch my weight cause 5# looks more heavier than I'd like. My eating has been crappy.. eating way too many North Country nuts. Love that stuff. My biggest flaw is eating too much peanutbutter and nuts like almonds. So the levels of fat intake lately have been high and although my clothes feel fine I feel 'soft' wahhh :eek:

I seriously need to get back to drinking more water since eating salty I feel 'fat' :(

On to Personals!!!

I usually go in order but pardon me as I start with Joanne 1st

Joanne!!!!! I am so Thrilled that Caitlyn is back home ! Thank God! I'm sure its such a big releif for all of you at home!

I'm so happy that I could reach through the computer and give you guys big ol' Hugs. :D

Lori Heck doing BM1 however much time you spent with it is enough. Best Wishes on the showing - not sure if I 'd mentioned it before but we still plan on moving to that new community but we have decided to wait until DS is done w/ HS; he's a Junior nowand we don't want to mess him up starting all over at a new HS. I truly hope you guys can get it sold soon.

Chris I can understand somewhat seeing folks actively doing a run you want to do but not be physically able to do it yet . Here's hoping that you can be healed for that walk .

Good Luck with that raise!

Kathy ugh I hate it when my kids get sick. Your poor babies. Sorry that Lauren couldn't go to Art Class but I commend you for keeping her home to not allow the germs to spred.

Beth - Today was a more 'normal' day for me thank goodness! I have always been interested in the more soothing, relaxfull type of yoga. Heck after a Cathe rotation that kicks butt I need relaxing. I also get hip and knee achiness when I run more miles than my body likes. Any recommendations?

Waves to Hottie here's hoping you have a good day!

Well I need to get off as I have a busy night ahead of me ....waiting to get ds from his cross country meet and then youngest DD is in a school musical tonight - I just want to stay home but can't tonight.

See you all on Wednesday :)

picture.php

Finally...

Dear ********,

Wow, what a beautiful and heartfelt e-mail. Thank you so much for sharing and for getting back on the road to a healthy lifestyle. I really can not recall you personally, but often times I forget the really good kids. Haha. I'm so glad I was able to have a Hugh impact on you and your life. It is words like this, that remind me why I became a teacher. Good luck with all that you do and with Cathe's videos. She too has helped me become the women I am today. She is truly talented and I'm glad that both her and I made a difference in your life.
Keep on Stepping darling!!
Sincerely,

Mrs. Mercedes Boylan

Back to the bench!!!

Wow this is a cool letter Hottie...How's the research going?
I miss reading your posts and everyone else's messages as I've been stuck in the vortex of.....well, I don't know what to call it but, I feel more on top of my crazy schedule now. I've been doing a variety of workouts over the past couple of weeks. For this and the following months I have scheduled more Cathe into my rotation...namely, boot camp, 4ds strength and Muscle max this month and October.
Until next time,
Justine

HOttie: Thanks for sharing your letter with us. That is so nice of Cedie to respond. I imagine she meets alot of fans. I don't blame her for not remembering everyone. I forget people in my own life on occasion (like the moms of Chris' ballteam)..It was cool to get a note of encouragement!!

Hi Justine!!! we miss you posting around here..

Kathy -- It MADE my day. :) No seriously, the way our PE classes were structured it was like 4 gym teachers to 100+ kids per period. Even our health/sex ed class, when they separate by gender, was overfilled and we had to get extra desks. I was just so happy she wrote back because I was afraid she thought I was a stalker or something. I am going back to NJ at the end of October so I might drop by her office if I have time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.