Self Tanning Lotions

I mentioned in another post that I have been using (and Loving) a self tanner by Loreal. It's called Sublime Bronzer but it is a lotion. It has a very nice smell...not chemical stink or "tanning bed" stink. Color seems to show quickly because of the instant glow it gives. It has never rubbed of on my clothes or sheets. It has never came off when sweating during workouts. It has never streaked and is, by far, the easiest to use, in my book.

I think if anyone doesn't like this stuff, it may be because it has a mild greasy feel to it that lasts temporarily. I actually like that because it leaves my skin so soft and the glow effect is awesome!

TRY IT! Practice now while you can cover any mistakes with longer clothes! It has SPF 15! Please use this over a tanning bed...PLEASE!

Thanks for recommendation. I am always looking for a self tanner, and have found many that have a great color , but the smell just makes me ill. I can smell it on myself and always wonder what people are thinking! So you say this one does not end up with that tell tale sunless tanner stink? lol!

Sarah,

Thanks for the recommendation! You look amazing!:) I am in awe. Have you always been so fit?

Ann Marie

Sarah,

This is great news because I stopped using self tanner because they would rub off on my clothes and sheets, especially after working out.

Does it stain your hands? I used to apply tanner while wearing latex gloves, but it sounds like you may not have to with the L'Oreal.

Also, does it stain your knees, elbows and feet a darker shade like the old self tanners?

TIA and I think I'm going to have to go out today and buy some!

Becky

Hello Becky,

I am a self tanner addict (btw I plan to try this brand, I haven't used it in the past!) and find that to keep the orange hand effect gone, it is best to immediately wash your hands with soap and then use a rough towel to 'scrub' in between all your fingers and around your fingernails. Then also scrub your inside wrists. I do this all the time even when I'm just applying facial self tanner and it works!

:7

Ok Sarah, you're reading my mind. I looked at your new pics, and by the way WOW!, and noticed your tan. I was going to ask if you used a self tanner and now will simply say, thanks for your advance answer.

I haven't actually tried using the Loreal on my body yet but I did buy some a week or so ago when I saw it at Walmart. I already had two of the Jergens self tanner at home but the Loreal smelled and felt so much nicer when I sampled a bit in the store that I bought it!

Do any of you have, let's call them freckles, on your face? If you use the self tanner, does it make these "freckles" darken? I am using a retin A type product to lighten these spots and don't want to reverse it by darkening them again. What do you think?

Sarah - I just went and bought some on your recommendation :)

I can't wait to give it a try! I was just thinking about going tanning this morning until I read your message and now will give this a try. THANKS!

~Marcia~

I haven't used the new L'Oreal self tanner yet, but the others that I have used in the past didn't make the freckles on my face or body look darker.

HTH

Becky

I have Not used a self tanner in the past as i am afraid of being uneven or looking orange. I am tempted to try this one.
Do you ladies use the tanner on your face? do you have someone else put it on your back? I just don't know how I could get it all even by myself! Sorry if these are silly questions. I sure would hate to have an orange face!!!

Paula

Kel, They are not freckles...they are "beauty marks"! That is what my parents always called the 1/2 dime shaped one between my mouth and nose. I am not sure if it shows in my pictures.

I have been using this stuff everyday for a few weeks now because I love the rich color. At this point, it doesn't make me darker, just keeps the bronze shade. I do use it on my face everyday.

I actually put this stuff on my hands and use a damp paper towel to wipe off the palms, nails and cuticles. That way, my hands are as tan as my arms. I didn't care for the "cut off" of color at the wrist.LOL!!

After I put it on the entire body (not ears), I take a cotton ball and gently buff elbows, knees, achilles, and toes.

I am fortunate that I am able to get my entire back...not with the greatest of ease, but if I twist and stretch...I am able to get "that one spot" between the shoulder blade and spine.

Finally, NO!!!! I have not always been this fit. I wasted my early 20's eating #### everyday, drinking more religiously than occassionally, smoking, and getting zero exercise! I began getting healthier in my mid to late 20's via cardio only and lifestyle changes (quit smoking, make beer much more occassional and ditched the junk and fast food). After I had my son in 2002, I became more serious by paying attention to diet and lifting weights. I became more serious over the past few years as I have gained knowledge of how to be healthier...a quest I will never give up on!

Thanks, I'll havae to check it out. My dad has skin cancer and I will not lay in the sun any more so this could be my future tan look!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.