Seat covers for Bike

Pinny150

Cathlete
Hi all, I'm not a spinner, so I'm asking on behalf of someone else, but where can one find a seat cover to cushion the tushy that's reasonably priced ?? Honestly, I have no idea what they run for normally... :-/. Thanks!!

Hi :)

My advice is to just get used to the seat on the bike itself. Sometimes the covers slip around and can be more of an annoyance than a comfort. Once your sit bones adjust to spinning the seat shouldn't be as much of an issue. That being said- I did have a Serfas gel saddle at one point where the gel was actually built in. That worked well because it stayed in place.

In the end it's all about your own comfort though so do what works best for you ;)

Have you considered replacing the seat? I am thinking about it with my ProForm. Dick's Sporting Goods have seats.

I second getting the padded bike shorts: they're great! I also can't live without my Serfas gel saddle, which is so comfortable I rarely need to use the shorts. Another store that they sell bike accessories is McGhie's.

You can get padded seat covers anywhere they sell bikes. But I would suggest bike shorts. I have both and us the bike shorts over the seat cover anytime.

If you decide on bike shorts, shebeest makes a great pair called thethe board rider...i always get compliments on them. the liner is removable, so you could also wear these just as pants and they're so cute you might just want to. The best part is that the outer pant isn't skin tight, so if you're having a bad thigh day, nobody knows but you. :) They're really durable and comfortable, too. Oh, and they wick like crazy...a huge plus as any spinner knows!

These were recommended to me by a cyclist, and she really knew what she was talking about. They always sell out really fast at the REI near my house. You can see them here. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/shebeest-boardrider-capri-pants-cycling-for-women~p~87051/

You can get padded underwear that will go under most shorts / pants if you don't like the look of traditional padded shorts . mountain bike shorts are usually looser cut if you like less form fitting clothes.
Heed the washing instructions... bike shorts usually can't go in the dryer.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.