SATURDAY CHEETAHS, get up and go!!!

lederr

Cathlete
just getting us started. i am x( that i am awake so early on a saturday but will try to get some more rest soon.

yesterday's workout was lic cardio blast premix and muscle endurance upper body split. no idea what i'll be doing today.

i hope everyone is having a good morning.

Good morning Lorie and all Cheetahs who drop by today!

Lorie - I love your workout yesterday...must have been quite the little UB burner }(! Thanks for starting us off this morning and that's exactly what I need to do right now...get up and goooooooo!!!!!

I have a little extra time to play with before I have to head to work this morning and I'm going to take full advantage of every minute of it. I'll start with 4DS KB, then 5.5 mile run and maybe some abs if I have time.

So with that I've got to get up and go! See yas in a bit!

Good morning ladies,

I am up early also for a saturday. dh had to go out of town for a track meet, so i am up before the kiddos so i can get in my workout. i am going to do some kettlebell work followed by kickmax. haven't done that one i awhile.

lorie- so are you still lovin' your new workout space? my workout room is my favorite room in the whole house. i even hate it when dh goes in and works out in there because he leaves stuff all over the place, hehehe.

wendi- enjoy your workout today! not sure if you saw my post to you a couple days ago. did you see the boxing circuit workout in the latest cooking light mag? it looks kewl:)

christine- so how are you liking ETK so far? i was thinking if you wanted my cheetah name you can have it since you are really crushin' it with da' bells, lol.

shelly- not sure if i am doing any races this year besides the race for the cure next month and the one i will run with ds#1. i am beginning to feel less like a cheetah because i am just running for the fun of it. however it's also how i felt last year and then i got bit by the racing bug after my first 5k. so we will see. i have to admit all of the talk here is getting me excited!

jackie- how is the packing coming along? do you have a moving date yet?

dallas- i do hate when people cancel, howver i am also understanding things happen. i have to cancel sometimes so i don't let it get to me. we rescheduled for tues however it is supposed to rain againx( so are you thinking of running a full mary?

cathy- what is the date of your chicago mary? do you have any races scheduled before then? i am planning a trip to nj this summer. one of my close friends is having her first child and of course i will need to check out her little one;).

posh- how many mary's have you completed? that is so awesome you are going to run with cathy!

alrighty, gotta go if i am going to get in part of my workout before my little ones wake up and are ready to eat...

ttyl...:)

ETA: oops i am too late ds#2 just woke up....

Gm, cheetah friends!

Ahhh, Saturday feels SO good! :)

Dallas :: When my mileage gets up there, I am definitely more hungry, so I’d say eat more to maintain your weight…The movie was with Ben Stiller & Owen Wilson…very funny if you like low-brow humor. :7 Thank you *so* much for the offer, but I’ve booked the room already, and my mom is with me. I'm completely stoked that you (and other cheetahs!) are considering it.

Jackie :: yesss! I’m so happy you might consider it once things settle for you. :7 :7 :7

WT :: I woke up way early, too. Wouldn’t have minded sleeping in. Often I just *can’t.*

Wendi :: enjoy your workout & have a great day at work.

I wound up NOT doing Firepower last night, after all. I needed some time to unwind from the rough day, and then I received a blast-from-the-past birthday phone call from some old friends. We spent some time getting caught up and then I just wasn’t feelin’ it anymore. No big deal, though. Will double up Firepower (can't wait to do it with 2 bells this time) and my run today. Have plenty of time! The whole day is pretty wide open. Oh, but I will be going to see Run, Fat Boy, Run for marathon inspiration!! :) :) :)

Have a stellar day, everyone!

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Sunny :: your post snuck past me...I have done very few races since I returned to running in '06...IMO, it's just a love of running that makes you a cheetah, not how much you race. But I will say I am excited to go back into training mode for the big one...I would SO love it if you would consider Chicago. I know you said you don't have much desire to do that particular distance, but I think training for & running it with the cheetahs would make it such an unforgettable experience...The date is Sunday, 10/12...I don't have any specific races planned at the moment, but I do intend to run some 5Ks and a 10K or two between now and then. Let us know when you think you'll be up in Jersey. I'm sure Wendy & Shelly and maybe even some of the other East Coast cheetahs would love to coordinate something!

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I don't know much about Galloway's theory of walking in the 2 schedules you posted? Most of my walking came in the sunday long runs when I took walk breaks. If I could possibly swing it, I would love to be there to cheer you and the other cheetahs on...:)...Sorry about your frustrating day and bagging the plan's with friends. I know some days can be tough. I bet it was nice though connecting with the friends from the past!! I want to see that movie, tell me how you liked it.

Lorie...so maybe another cheetah running Chicago in Oct??? Good workout yesterday.

Wendi..sounds like a good workout plan today.

Sunny...enjoy your KB workout kickmax (that one is a toughie!)

Beth...I will be running 3 days a week starting next week (I have backed off a bit due to injuries) If you are just looking for specifically weight workouts I think Pure Strength would be great. GS is good but a bit more advanced IMO and tougher than the other weight workouts you have...:)

Shelly...I am having fun and DOMS with GS!!! I will probably run 6-7 tomorrow. I am also going to go back to 3 days of running a week as I think 2 days is killing me.

Dallas...so sorry about the soccer meeting and seeing your DH so down...:(...You can pick my brain anytime...:)...I did mostly traditional weights when marathon training, lower 3x a week and upper 3x a week. I backed off the weight amount for my lower body about one month before my marathon. This was not normal and most runners I know rarely lifted weights, I just always did and was not about to stop! Also something you might not know, the majority of people gain a bit of weight while marathon training...I was not happy with Michael getting the boot on AI either...

Jackie..that is great about your co-worker taking up running. I wish you lived close enough to run with her too. When I trained for marathons, my runs during the week were by myself but on Sunday for my long runs I always had company which really helped. I could do the longer runs solo, but having company was always nice. Maybe you could make Chicago?...:)

Christine...how is Kimo today?

I am planning on Amy's Kickboxing. Some combo's from KBX and some from ITR.

Have a great day...:)

Hey Cheetah Babes!

Update on Kimo: she has diabetes as well as cushing’s disease. She went into diabetic shock, which is why she was acting like she was (and still is, actually). Her liver is about 8 times normal size (it’s HUGE – I’ve seen the XRAYS). She has to go back to the vet today, but I don’t know. The vet said we should be seeing improvement, and I don’t. The poor thing wet herself last night – she has never done that in her life. We had plans to have dinner with sorta relatives (my sister’s, brother-in-law and his wife) in San Francisco, but we need to stay here for Kimo. Today’s plan is a 5 mile run (I have a hair cut at noon, and we have to take Kimo back to the vet at 9, so no trail run, which is okay). It’s supposed to be hot today.

Carole – Kimo has had the glucosamine liquid which helped her continue to hike for a while, but right now, her trouble is that her liver is so huge that it’s pressing on nerves in her back making it tough to walk. So sad. You can get a room with me if you decide to go to Chicago! I’ll book a room when I get my BIG paycheck this month :p. (although, most of that will go to Kimo’s care, which is fine).

Beth – WELCOME to Cheetahville! I know you’ve gotten a lot of good advice but a lot of runners I know run 3 or 4 days a week. I think it really depends on your goals. Some of the training schedules for marathons only have you running 3 days a week. Whatever works! Good to hear you’re doing it right this time – although bad shoe and too fast at the get go are very common.

Shelly – I know it’s hard when a beloved pet starts ailing. I feel bad for her, she just looks so miserable, but her eyes are brighter today, which is good. You are simply incredible! I listen to your workouts and I pale! :p Sounds like fun, yesterday!

Lorie – Thanks for offer! I really appreciate it! Great to hear about the run and little pain! So what did you end up doing? Did you enjoy your Spring Break? My DD15 gets hers this week.

Dallas – Oh so sorry the soccer meeting went horribly!! That’s not good. Hope DH cheers up soon. The Garmin’s – there is a 305, but that one mainly has a stronger GPS signal – so it’s better under heavy tree coverage, etc. The 301 is the one most of the Cheetahs have – it’s great. Don’t second guess yourself on this one – that is just a really good price. I’d spring for one at the price. By the way, Christine doesn’t need to be worked on – she’s not running. :p I have a hard enough time with 13.1 – I can distance cycle, but long distance running is not in my make up. But I appreciate those who can!

Thomasina – I’ll go Chicago and be the cheering section for both you and Cathy, but I’m not running a marathon! I have no desire to. :p But having run a couple half marathons, I can somewhat understand the training involved for a full, so I will be sure to provide plenty of admiration and awe for all of the runners! Sorry about your friend, again. Prayers to his family.

Cathy – Jimmy is a clueless lunkhead sometimes. I always say he’s such a boy, and he is showing his true self here. He knows something is wrong, but he seems bewildered that Kimo is not getting up. About Chicago – I will be there, but I have no desire to run a marathon. But I’ll hang out with your mom and we’ll cheer you on! I do have a side motive here (small one), another friend of mine lives in Chicago and will come join me to watch the marathon. She’s VERY overweight, and I’m hoping this will motivate her to start moving a bit. It’s hard not to get caught up in the excitement. I KNOW I’ll wish I were running, too. Hope you get to go with your pals tonight or something! You deserve a celebration! Have fun with Firepower and TWO bells this time! That movie sounds great – enjoy it! Nova has a special too, about taking 13 ordinary people and training them for a marathon. You should look that one up, too.

Jackie – How’s the packing coming? When do you think you’ll move in to the new house? I’ll bet you’re excited! Kimo is still not herself, but I’ve got my fingers crossed.

Wendi – Great workout! Enjoy it!

Sunny – Enjoy your kb/kb workout. :p I’m enjoying ETK. It’s very systematic, and starts off assuming a low physical fitness level, so I’m doing the workbook, then adding when I went. I think you deserve the title just as much as me! So, you can keep it, but thanks for the offer – very sweet of you!

Hope everyone is doing well! Enjoy your weekend! I'm so glad I traded the Yukon Denali for my Mini after hearing the gas prices now. OUCH!

Good morning cheetahs! Well, it may be Saturday for all of you but I start a long stretch at work tonight so it is my Monday:(
I never did get around to Seasuns Straight Up Step yesterday... got to much into moving prep work but I got alot done :) Then I got into watching Ben Hur and cycled during it instead. I had such a crush on Charlton Heston as a girl (really showing my age now!)

Lorie- Nice workout yesterday. How is the hip flexor feelin today?

Dallas- Feelin so bad for your DH:( To put in such effort and time on this and sincerely trying his best.... it just isnt right!!
Hope it works out for the best.... eventually. My moving prep is going along pretty well... thanks to my obsessiveness with details I guess! Thanks for asking. Are you considering training for and doing the Chicago mary?

Jackie- When is the target move date for you? It must be hard squeezing in time for workouts. So far I've been able to get mine in cuz I started all this pretty early... but that may change!

Wendi- I'm amazed you can get in the workouts you do before a long days work!!!!

SunnyD- I'd say that running for the fun of it makes you a TRUE cheetah!!! Coming to NJ this summer????? You MUST tell us when you have a date.... would be awesome to meet up with you and Cathy, Wendy and any other cheetah in the vicinity!!!!

Cathy- Let me know what you think of that movie... I'm definitely intrigued by it. I think I possibly could be ready for the Chicago marathon but I am committed to joining Wendy on her 18 miler so only if she changes her mind. Sounds like a busy workout day for you!

Carole- I hadn't realized you had gone down to only 2 running days/wk!! I can imagine it's driving you a tad crazy ;-) Nice Amy KB mix!!

I think that about catches me up for today. I'll get in SUS today since I missed that one yesterday and then Amy's ITR. Maybe some upper body work if I have time.

tata

ShellyC

Also something you might
>not know, the majority of people gain a bit of weight while
>marathon training...

Carole! What is that--some kind of sick joke? ;) :7 :7 :7 I expect the pounds to just FALL OFF during training. Was reading more in the Galloway book, and he is saying to take a walking break in mile 1!? Weird.

Christine :: Poor Kimo. :( Please keep us updated. I understand about Chicago--but I wouldn't be a cheetah if I didn't try to enable. :7 Duly noted, though. And I'm so glad you'll be there. I'll look for that documentary, thanks!

Posh :: I am going to TRY for a personal on Friday and Monday. Though I intepreted it as no-no in the policy, I double-checked with a trusted colleague who wasn't so sure, and so I figure it can't hurt to ASK.

OK, I've dabbled in both the To Finish and Fatburning mary plans this week and was supposed to "walk/jog" for 30 min. today. I ran for 40 min. with a few walking breaks. My endurance has slipped some this winter! EGADS! :eek: I'm off to the movie soon and will hit Firepower in the afternoon. Glad I ran early--it's thundering all of a sudden. Had no idea we were expecting a storm.

Hi Christine! Posting together today:) Hey, that actually is sorta good news about Kimo. I know she is suffering now but DKA is easily reversible and now you know what you're dealing with. She should be back to her old self soon.

Hope you have a great run today!

ShellyC

Hi Cathy! Don't worry about the Endurance issue... it'll come back soon:) Re: weight gain and marathon training. I'm afraid it is quite true. It's a common misconception that it is a good way to lose weight. Some people do lose weight to be sure. But most may actually gain a little. This is due to an increase in eating that most people do naturally so if you keep close tabs on the diet you should be lean and mean (well, not mean... not our Cathy!)

Shelly

Shelly :: posting at the same time. :) Glad you banged out a lot of work yesterday...I *completely* understand & respect the commitment to the 18 miler!! Absolutely. Since there are three of us committed so far and several others seriously pondering, perhaps Wendy might reconsider. Oh, I so hope she does! :) I can't think of a better way to approach a first marathon than running with you cheetahs.

I think I missed something about Dallas's DH. Will go back and re-read.

Good morning ladies!

Lorie - Sorry you were awake so early. Hope you have a good workout and you get some rest.

Wendi - Nice workout planned for today. How did it go?

Sunny - It's always nice to work out in peace and quiet. Still no moving date yet because of the floors and cabinet delay. I'm so hoping that everyone gets finished up next week. Then, the final touch ups can be done. I'm trying to be patient here. x(

Cathy - It was probably more fun catching up with an old friend than doing a workout. You sound much more relaxed now. That's great. Enjoy that movie. I gained 6 pounds by the time I finished the Road Race Series. Once my body adjusted to the extra mileage, I was hungry all of the time.

Carole - Fun and DOMS in the same sentence. Only us hard core fitness fanatics can appreciate that. :) I won't write Chicago off. I do have some frequent flier miles I can use but I want to keep enough of those for Alaska next year. And, my sis lives there. It wouldn't be too much of an expense. Enjoy your workout today.

Christine - ((((HUGS)))) to you. So sorry there isn't any improvement with Kimo. Hope the trip to the vet will help some. The poor baby. How's Jimmy today? Hope you had a good run. See my post to Sunny about the move in day. I'm about ready to go and hold all of thees guys hostage until they get the job completed.

Shelly - Those off days go by so fast. Hope the long stretch goes by fast for you too. So far, the house hasn't interfered with my workouts because I work out at 4:30 in the morning. All of these boxes are making me a little claustrophobic though. Ready to get them out of the way. Have a killer workout.

I did iTread #24 and added enough time to get in 7.2 miles. Did Cathe's Basic Stretch and some foam rolling.

Gonna do a little more packing, some laundry and vacuuming and may go visit DBF. Just depends on how much I get done.

Have a wonderful day!

Jackie

It's official I'm signed up for the Full!!!! I just got back from the Team in Training meeting. Gosh, they were so nice and encouraging. They almost had me sign up for a triathlon. :+ I didn't sign up for the half through them per a suggestion from two very nice ladies. They said I could always sign up for that one on my own. At the Kick Off party John Bingham will be there, yep, my penguin friend! ;-) I'm so excited. :7 I watched The Last Lecture last night on Primetime w/Diane Sawyer (I Tivo'd it) http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Story?id=4614281&page=1 That inspired me too. Geez, look what that guy is going through and all that he does. And the greatest peps will be there - Y-O-U!!! :7 I got a job offer too! LOL! One of the gals is a high school principal and they'll be looking for 2 math teachers next year. She told me to put my personal training manual away. LOL! Another gal is a personal trainer has kids on travel soccer as well. I said, well, I have no more excuses. :)

Oh, just so you Nike mary girls know, maybe you already know, but they can get you signed up for the marathon through Team in Training. One of them was really pushing hard for sign ups. Of course, now you have run Chicago! :p

Ok, let me go read the thread and do some personals. :)

Oh, I did P90X-L&B and iClimb #27/30, but added 10 minutes to make 40 before I left for the meeting.

******PERSONALS*****

Jackie/Carole ~ Oh, that's good to know about the weight thing. I haven't even started increasing my miles yet. :eek: I think I'll try to heavy up the weights on my last phase of P90X. I went lighter at first only because of the neck thing. Which is gone....thank goodness!

Jackie ~ Nice run! Good luck getting everything done!

Cathy ~ lol'd at your comment to Carole. I was surprised too. A lot of ppl at the meeting today were signing up to lose weight and of course, to raise money for a cause. I had tears welling up during the meeting when she talked about specific kids dealing w/Leukemia. She said what better way to run than to know you're doing it for ________. I guess each of will be running specifically for someone fighting a blood disease. Oh, just wanted to extend the offer. I know hotels get pricey. :eek:

Shelly ~ Lol'd about your Heston crush! I always liked the paramedic from Emergency One. LOL! When the show would come on I would run up and down the hall like a lunatic. :7 :+ (ETA: I think I was around 10) Sounds like you're doing well with moving plans. Thanks about DH. Tomorrow he'll let everyone know he's done. :(

Christine ~ I completely understand about the race. I feel a bit crazy right now. :+ I figure if I have to walk - I have to walk. After talking to the principal at the meeting she told me with all that I do I should absolutely sign up. She said she did, so I could too. Wasn't that nice? I'm glad you found out what is ailing Kimo. Poor doggy. :( Thanks about the Garmin and DH. Have fun on your run. :)

Carole ~ WHAT!?!?! I don't want to gain weight either. Can I just stay right where I am!?! :p Yeah, it didn't seem like anyone really lifted weight at the meeting this AM. So glad I won't have to stop. I guess we have to start voting on AI for David Cook. :+ I like Jason Castro too. Enjoy your Amy combination.

Sunny ~ We're going to the stairs on Wed. Could you make it to Chicago in Oct.? Come on, I'm nutty enough to sign up. ;-) Posh, "The Last Lecture", and today's meeting sealed the deal. :) Oh boy, KM. I haven't done that one in a while either. Have fun! }(

Wendi ~ Nice workout plan! Have a great day at work!

Lorie ~ How's the hip today? Ok, my turn to enable....Chicago...Chicago...Chicago!!! }(

Hi to anyone who checks in after this. :)

Good afternoon Cheetahs! I am getting on here late because my teenage son has been hogging the computer...lol. Thanks for including me in your thread. I have decided that I am going to run 3 days a week for now. I really dont want to overdue it. I did order the gym style series but I am going to do the 30 minute premixes for now and of course lift the weights that I can handle for now until I can build up. I am so excited! I did Cathe's high step circuit today and of course used heavier weight and I worked up a pretty good sweat:) I really have not gotten the chance to read much about each of you, but hope to get to know you a bit better. A little about myself...I am from Ohio. I am divorced and have 2 wonderful children..14 son and 7 daughter. There dad is in Iraq. My son runs track and he kind of inspired me to start running. He keeps telling me just to get out there and run....lol! Maybe one day we can run together. We'll, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Beth

Hey Shelly! Sorry I missed you! That is good news, thanks for that. I do feel sorry for her, though. Poor old girl. Sounds like you’re moving right along with packing! When is the big move day? Have fun with SUS!

Cathy – You’ll get the endurance right back. It’ll feel good. And go slow - don’t push too hard in the beginning – that’s the key to avoiding injury, I swear. Have fun at the movies and with firepower! I concur with Shelly – even when training for a half, I have trouble losing weight because of the extra calories I burn. It’s not proportional, I swear. Not fair, but true.

Jackie – thanks for the hugs! Jimmy enjoyed the run too! You are far more patient than I – I’d be down there pounding on doors. Hope it all comes together soon.

Dallas – YEAH! Cathy has someone to run with! You’re doing a Team in Training? How cool! If you’re going to be taking donations, let me know – I donate to all good causes as anyone here who has done things like that knows. I am easily enabled and I have even looked into marathon training schedules, but I know my limits. I CAN walk 26.2 miles. But running? I don’t want to hurt myself. BUT, my run today was fun.

Beth – Good for your son! How sweet of him! Sign yourselves up for a 5k and start racing together. It’s fun. I’m doing a 10k with my DD15. We start training next week. I’m looking forward to running with her.

I ran 4.5 miles today with DH and Jimmy. We held a nice slow and steady pace – I didn’t even need walk breaks. I’ve stretched the achilles and I’m icing it now. Hopefully, I can avoid more injury to it. But, I think all my Amy’s and kettlebell workouts have helped with endurance. I could have run further with no issues. I’m happy about that. I’m wondering if with my walk/runs, I didn’t push too hard during the runs to make up for the walks (which is what Galloway specifically says NOT to do). Well, I’m encouraged, though, so we’ll see how the achilles feels tomorrow. It’s off to the showers, then to get a haircut, pick up Kimo and go grocery shopping. Fun times ahead! :p Enjoy all!

OMG http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/yaysmiles.gif

Dallas :: I am THRILLED with the news!!!! This is so exciting!...I went back and saw that the meeting did not go well for DH…(somehow I’d missed that)…sorry to hear it. Will he continue as coach?...CONGRATS on the job offer. Are you considering it?

Jackie :: Oh lord, I definitely don’t need to ADD lbs. *lol* But I could be different ~ I remember being hungry with longer distances but it did slim me down. Then again, my long runs never exceeded 10 miles, so this will be an all new experience…thank you…now that that darn grading pile is whittled down, I do feel like I can finally relax, and it is SUCH a good feeling. Hope things get finished up for you by next week. I bow down to you on the 4:30 am workouts!

Beth :: Great to hear a little more about you. As you can tell by my user name, I’m a teacher (middle school). Besides running & working out, I love travel, skiing, and new challenges!

Christine :: *lol* Trust me, I am the slow cheetah. Any slower, I’d be in reverse. :7 Kidding aside, I know you’re right, and I would say I am pretty cautious—because of my past troubles with the Achilles. I know I have to do this smart. But I don’t think I’m as hard-headed and dumb as I was back then. I did learn my lesson. Hope you keep that achilles in check.

Run, Fat Boy, Run was absolutely HILARIOUS. Two thumbs way up! :7 :7 :7

A quick note to say thank you for all you're thoughts about Kimo! We just picked her up from the vets and she's doing MUCH better. I think she'll be back to her old quirky self soon. Shelly - I'm glad I have you to explain these things to me! Thanks! I'm so releaved!

I'm back from running errands. The only creature that needs to be out in that weather is a duck!:+

Cathy ~ Just promise you won't leave me on the side of the road somewhere. ;-) Oh, I don't know if she was serious, but I'll always keep my options open. :) Have you looked into 5K and 10K races? There doesn't seem to be many options (proximity wise) for me. :( Yeah, I think DH will get something else in the works. DD really enjoys playing. The head of this particular organization should be ashamed of himself. :( Now are you following a run/walk, run, walk/run plan? At the meeting today they gave all those options. Again, **my new principal friend** ;-) suggested I sign up for the run plan. I guess they group us and assign a coach. I really think this is the way to go for me. They have clinics too. :) Shoe & clothing, injury prevention, nutrition, etc. I'm going to learn so much! :)

Christine ~ Oh, thanks so much about the donations. I guess after the coach is assigned we'll get directions for setting up the webpage for donations. Glad you had a good run! See above TNT has several different approaches. I didn't know that. I'm so glad Kimo is doing better!!! :)

Beth ~ You will love the GS series. I miss it! I have three children DD 10, DS 8, DS 5. That's so nice to have that bonding time with your DS. :) Will you run some races together?

DH just made some dinner plans with another couple tonight. I tell you I'd rather stay home. It's so icky outside. I know that we'll have fun though.

Have a great night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.