Sandbag workouts?

Hey, I've used Fitness Blender, Fit Body by Juila and LoveFitness (all youtube) & would love to see some more suggestions. I really like using the sandbag for powerlifting moves like clean & presses. So much fun! (and easier on my wrists)

I saw something on Bodyrock.TV that made the sandbag look fun. Where did you get your sandbag from? Thanks, Elsie!

:) I got it on craigslist (where I get all of my exercise equipment! lol) & unfortunately there is no brand indicated. I like that it has multiple grips. I don't think every one does.
Oh yes, BodyRock! Would you say they are intermediate - advanced friendly in terms of endurance?

:) I got it on craigslist (where I get all of my exercise equipment! lol) & unfortunately there is no brand indicated. I like that it has multiple grips. I don't think every one does.
Oh yes, BodyRock! Would you say they are intermediate - advanced friendly in terms of endurance?

I'm not sure how BodyRock is. I came across an ad for them and the sandbag caught my eye. Seems pricey at $100. That's not even filled :) I'm not even sure where to get it filled. How often do you use yours and how is filling it? Messy?

I'm not sure how BodyRock is. I came across an ad for them and the sandbag caught my eye. Seems pricey at $100. That's not even filled :) I'm not even sure where to get it filled. How often do you use yours and how is filling it? Messy?
I have just begun to use it semi-regularly again recently. I moved recently and am still in a transition with another move coming up very soon out of province. I often cannot find things! lol. The one I bought came with three pre-filled already sewn packages/filler bags within the sandbag. Two are 23 lbs each and one is 50 lbs. Unless I use it quite roughly (I did recently and bruised my wrist.. whoops!), I am hoping not to have to replace these for some time.
Yes, I think $100 is too much. I've seen some tutorials around of how to make your own. For me the problem with those is that they do not have the handles (unless you are a handy sewist of course) which I wanted for my purposes (ie. swings, power lifts etc, not just throwing around)
Just from looking around though, they don't look exactly that cheap. Do you have a used sports store in your area? You can find some excellent deals there very often.
This one looks pretty good, but again not the most economical and I do not know much of the quality.
https://www.xtrainingequipment.com/Sandbags_c_40.html

I've heard that Tony Horton's 22 Minute Hard Corps uses a sandbag. Never tried it, but there were a few on the forum that did, and really liked it. I believe you can get a sandbag with the program. (most likely expensive)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.