S&H w/ ME results

carrot

I've just finished a rotation of strength only (S&H). I'm thinking of adding in Muscle Endurance once a week. Anybody have good results doing something similar?

I want to maintain the mass I've built (maybe add even a little more), but really want to see the definition I had when doing primarily endurance. I eat cleanly and get enough cardio, so that's not an issue as far as the definition goes.

Thanks!
Kara

I did a rotation with S&H and ME in December. I had great results with it. But one week I did S&H, and ME, and the next S&H and SS or PP and then back to S&H and ME the next week. I only did this for 3 weeks because I never do S&H for more than three weeks at a time.

I should do that rotation again! I enjoyed it as well as reaped good results!

Linda

I have done this before. I did it for 4 weeks. I did S&H 3 days then did a cardio abs only day. Then did one day of upper ME and one day of Lower ME. I got nice definition doing this rotation. I am sure you will like it.
Diane Sue

Thanks for the feedback! I just got ME and have done it twice. It's so much fun! I love S&H and will probably always incorporate either that series or the Pyramids, but ME is a nice change of pace. I think I like it a little better than SS.

I really don't want to sound stupid, but what is PP and SS? I'm trying to think of all of Cathe's workouts and I'm having a brain freeze!!

Thanks,

Kim

Kim!

PP=Push & Pull, SS=SuperSets from the Blast Series.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I just started ME and I'm really enjoying it too Kara! Your idea of using it with S&H sounds excellent.

Sheila!

Just curious what you did exactly. Would you do, say, Legs and Shoulders one day, cardio the next and then ME or PH?

RE: Kim!

DUH me!!! lol. Thank you so much Debbie. I just won this dvd off ebay, so I'm excited to get it!!

Kim

RE: Sheila!

I do
s&H chest back-cardio 20-30 min
legs
shoulders-triceps-biceps-cardio-20 min
cardio/rest
me or ph
cardio/rest
repeat starting with endurance first
me/ph
cardio/rest
chest-back cardio 20-30
legs
shoulders-triceps-biceps cardio 20
cardio/rest

Thanks, Sheila. I'm going to give this a try. S&H is my favorite series and I need to start incorporating a little more cardio into my routine. I have a hard time following set rotations, only because my work schedule is not set in stone, so I need to able to "tweak" it as needed. This looks great!

Sheila,

Which you you (or anyone else reading this) say is better for building a little mass (especially in upper body)...S&H or the PUB? I own PUB and I love it, but have only had it a week. Wondering if I shoul dinvest in S&H too, or try this one for a few weeks first.

s&h is imo better for building mass.But the way I do pub will put some muscles on also.I do the heaviest wts all the way through just decrease the reps so I start 12-10-8 (maybe 6)-than whatever I can manage which is usually 3-5.But I also use pub as endurance doing the exercises straight through with the lite wt example chest press I will do 15lbs 12-10-8-10-12 and than do chest fly same way.I also vary the tempo 12 reg time 10 2up one down 8 and 10 reg time 12 1up 3 down.I don't change wt(unless I can't manage it ) or take breaks in this version so it is like power hour for me.This tape is so versitale(sp) you can really make it your own and be creative with it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.