S&H rotation suggestions

Stargazer

Cathlete
Well I did do a search, and I did look at Kathy S's rotations she sent out, but I just don't seem to be able to find what I'm looking for.

I'd like to do a slow and heavy rotation for about 3 weeks but I can't figure out how to get everything in without total burnout.

I would like to get my body parts in more than 1 x per week and I'd also like to keep at least 3 cardio sessions per week. I tried a rotation doing s&h and power hour all in one week and it was just too much.

any ideas? Any success stories? I usually work out 6 days per week.

thanks,
-joy

Hi Joy--

Try this rotation. I liked my results after 4 weeks of doing it.

day 1: S and H-- chest/back + 1/2 hour cardio (non step)
day 2: A Cathe Step tape
day 3: S and H-- bis/tris + 1/2 hour cardio
day 4: S and H-- Legs/Shoulders
day 5: Cardio (intense, your choice)
day 6: Power Hour + 1/2 hour mild cardio (walking)(if desired)
day 7: rest

It makes for long workout sessions on some of the days, but I saw alot of muscular growth.
If you have the ctx series, do the 1/2 hour cardio session from those. That seemed to work out nicely. I would do it AFTER I did S and H.

good luck!
Lynn

Thank you Lynn. I do appreciate the quick response. I'm going to give it a try. Yes I have CTX and I really like those short cardio sessions.

I'll let you know how it goes.

-joy

My suggestion is a very simple one: Just do the S&H series and don't add on the Power Hour. The series is designed to do only these tapes for weight work without the need to add more. Why don't you try just that? They are very adequate by themselves, REALLY! That goes for PS, too.

These tapes are very long, so you can easily alternate weight tapes with cardio and get in your six days a week of working out without killing yourself.

I have to agree with Honeybunch on this one... I got great results by doing Slow & Heavy workouts once a week... I just alternated cardio in between the strength work. It worked out just fine. Getting in just three cardios per week really allowed my body to grow muscles and I felt very worked out after each session. Slow & Heavy is a great program, as well as Pure Strength and doing each workout just once per week can bring about results. The only other thing I would add to my Slow & Heavy week would be yoga to maintain my flexibility.

[font color="red" size="4" face="Lucida Calligraphy"]Lydia L[/font]

Well, I am kind of draggin my behind...

I had done the S&H Chest and Back last Thursday and Step Works on Friday so I've continued on with Lynn's rotation (just missing that first 1/2 hour of cardio) I was wondering how I would manage Power Hour tomorrow...So I've been thinking that I'll finish up week one with Power Hour tomorrow, rest on Wednesday (ahhhhh) and then do week 2 Honeybunch style. If all goes well I may do Lynn's (modified to cut back one short cardio) for week 3 and Honeybunch week 4. I'm really going to try to listen to my body.

BTW I sure am enjoying s&h. I discover more about myself each time I do this.
-joy

I agree that S&H as your sole strength work within a week is plenty. If your using your heaviest weight, with good form, S&H can be grueling. This is how I train with S&H, and I have never had the energy or desire to squeeze additional strength work within the same week (nor do I feel guilty about it :7).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.