Ryka Shoes

elizd1956

Dear Cathe:

Could you recommend some Ryka shoes for stepping and Hi-Lo?
I know that what works for one person might not for another, but I would appreciate some suggestions for when I shop for my next pair. The sales clerks in athletic footwear stores are not particularly knowledgeable.

Thank you.

I've always gotten the crosstrainers from Lady Foot Locker. I don't remember the name of the Rykas, but they are "instructor" quality. You can't go wrong with Ryka if you get a crosstrainer. Hope this helps. :)

**Melanie**
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Hi! What about the Ryka Combos that Cathe used in the Intensity Series. I happen to come across a pair in a small local shoe store within blocks of my house. Was I ever happy! I use them all the time now for Cathe's workouts and any other home workouts. I am very happy with them. Great for step aerobics, kick boxing and Hi-Lo. Also, I noticed Cathe used a different brand of Ryka for the Blast series. I bet those are great too. I found the brand names in the section titled "behind the scenes" on the home page. Hope that helps, Helen:)

Which of course brings up the real question....who is it that is wearing them in the new videos? Which little bees are buzzing?

I just noticed the other day that mine are the same ones from the Body Blast series. I like them a lot. They have a nice air- cushioned area under the ball and heel of the foot and a firm arch. I'm sorry I don't know the name.

I'm a little torn about Ryka's. I absolutely LOVE my Evolution-E.T.S. model, which are alas worn out, but HATE my Stylus model that lie untouched except for rare occasions when I want a black shoe. I think the problem is the arch support I need for my rigid feet seems to be lacking in the Stylus. Sooo, anyone out there who has gone through lots of different styles of Ryka's, can you recommend more that are like the Evolutions or others that I should steer away because they are similar to the Stylus's?

I checked out Ryka's website and like the looks of the Insight but wonder if the Rhythm or even the Iseums might give me more cushioning and arch support? Anyone in the know on these?

I have the Iseums which were used in the Body Blast series. I think they have the best cushioning of any shoe I have ever had. They do have good arch support, but not as much as I had with the Stylus. I think the difference for me is that the Stylus was a higher top 3/4 shoe and the Iseum is a lower shoe. I tend to pronate severely so I think the added ankle support of the Stylus made a big difference. Overall, I prefer the newer Iseum because the cushioning is great and I prefer the look of the lower top shoes. HTH.

I hated the Stylus too. My favorites have been Supra, Cirrhus, and now Rhythm. I tried on Iseum but it doesn't have quite the cushioning of Rhythm. I don't think I have tried the Enlight.
Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.