Runners Checkin Sunday 05-07

Sarah is one fantastic runner!!!

Amy...I hope you and Christine have a great hike. Let us know how it went!!!

Elaine...I agree completely about the walkers. You should try it in a single track trail run!! Although not nearly as many walkers on trails as pavement runs. CONGRATS on getting into St George!!!!!! It is great to have a marathon to focus on!

Laura...you could track Sarah thru the Flying Pig Site. That was so exciting watching her times along the way. Good job on your 14 miles!

Shelly...you are so welcome. And all of you here are very encouraging to me! This is a great check in..:)..I hope your 18 mile run goes well next weekend..

Mattea...sometimes on my long runs, after, I don't have much of an appetite. I think today I might make kind of a hash with potatoes, cabbage, onions and some other goodies. I try to stick with good carbs but chips have a way of getting into my mouth! So yes, maybe more calories..Way to go shaving off 6 minutes!!! I am with you about thinking about all these great runners when you are pushing...I did the same today!

I had a nice 18 mile run thinking about all of you. I could not help but smile thinking about Sarah's 8:43 pace in her 1st marathon....oh, what a feeling!!! The weather was cloudy and cool which really helped.

mattea it sounds like your doing really good. 1hr 33min is a great time for 10miles. your pace is what I am pretty much running except my lazy days. The first 5miles I ran had a few hills but nothing huge and I run some in town and some in the country. Today other than the first five miles I just told myself I was running 2hrs and 20min regardless . I did this to slow myself down on the long runs. I have a hard time with slowing down sometimes and I need to learn to do that. The long runs are about endurance training not how fast you go. That will be automatic come race day. I hope to finish under 2hrs 8min for my half in two weeks.

carole I dont have much of an apetite either after my long runs. Usually for several hrs. Today I drank a recovery drink and to my surprise a couple hrs later I actually was a little hungry. I felt good after my run,not exhausted like I do sometimes. I hope doing my final higher mileage at a slower pace will benefit me come race day. I felt as though I could have ran another 2-3miles today. Awesome feeling.

I will definately be thinking of all of your great accomplishments when I run my next half. sarah is amazing isnt she. Like I said the bionic woman!!! she has worked so hard and it has paid off. I want to be like sarah:)

I want to be like Sarah, too (or Carole). They are my heros!

Amy is as cute, sweet and wonderful in person as she is on the boards. I know you'll understand when I say that it was sooo nice not having to explain "things" to her. She got it immediately! Tony, Cathe, running, distance, the "zen" of running! She got it! How fabulous! No blank stares, or absent nods. I forgot my camera, otherwise I would be posting photos - AMY - how could we?!?! Next time. She's also just a joy to be around. I'm so happy I got to meet her, and I'm so looking forward to the Half in Sonoma to see her again, and meet others who "get it" as well. :) {{{{HUGS}}}} Amy - I really enjoyed meeting you! And I forgot to pay you for the shirt and the band ... Oh well, that just means we have to get together again!

Oh, yeah, the hike was fun too - we saw lots of lizards, a quail and a wild turkey! Then we stopped by the farm and saw goats, a horse, rabbits, and pigs. What a gorgeous day!

Awww, thanks Christine!!! I am also happy to report that Christine is just as fun, funny, energetic, and wonderful as you would expect from her posts on the boards!!! It was just a lovely afternoon!!! And no need to worry about holding someone up or being held up- I think we both kept our heart rates just where we wanted!! (((((CHRISTINE)))))!!! Yay!!!

Christine, I did see my camera in the car and I just thought, I'm all sweaty and tired and everyone else meets at restaurants to go shopping and I just don't want to take a picture today!!! :p So I take full responsibility for being lame. Sorry, everyone!!! Next time!!!

Christine, I'm game for next time! PM me and we'll get cracking on scheduling our next adventure!!!! I'm also looking forward to the TLTs- thanks! :7

Awww Christine...you are a sweetie. I would have loved the hike with you 2. I do hope we can meet up some day. I am of course still thinking about Humboldt!

Amy...I can tell you are as sweet as you come across here...the TLT's are incredible and great for core strength for any runner...:)

Carole - you just rock! We WILL meet someday. I know it. I am also thinking about Humbolt. They have a Half, so at the very least I can run the Half.

Elaine - sorry I never answered your question. Yes, my DH is Indian. Which is why I talk so often about Indian food and Sari's etc. This time he's traveling to China for a company meeting with his boss. Then he's flying over to India to see his mom who is 86 and is in the hospital. We're hoping she's okay, but you just never know. Wish I could be there with him, but we can't pull the kids out of school right now. DD17 is a junior and this year is so important. And yes I have been there - interesting country. Glad I don't live there, but honored I got to go, and hope I get to go again. The people are some of the warmest and kindest I have ever known.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.