Runner's Check-in Mon June 5

Good morning everyone:

I got the thread started first quick so that there wasn't a couple of them started at the same time. ;-)

How was everybody's weekend? Like I posted earlier I had the best run on Friday so I'm anxious to get back out and do it again. :)

I am changing my race. There's one close by and flat so I figured I might just change it so I don't have to get a hotel room, etc. So, my race is now on August 26th and call the Rochester Holiday Inn 1/2 Marathon. It's in Rochester, MN which is only about 30 miles away so that's a much more convenient race for me.

I'm not sure what's on tap today, the weather looks rainy, so either I'll put on the baseball cap and head out or get on my new elliptical and give it a wurl.

Have a great day everyone!
Marcia.

LOL Marcia! Thanks. :) Have fun no matter what work out you decide to do! You haven't tried your elliptical yet?

Well my last run was Saturday outside. Today will be LowMax but I am doing a homemade circuit using the step premix so no running today. Tomorrow or wednesday will be my next run...not sure yet.

Karen, I hope you and yours are coping okay. How is your grandmother doing? My prayers and thoughts continue to be with you. (((HUGS))))

Good Morning my Cheetah's I'm up to get in my workout just in case the day gets away from me. I am planning on doing PUB and hopefully this evening will be a 3 to 4 mile run depending on what the day brings me. I want to thank you all again for your support. It's amazing to have so many friends and feel so loved. Support is amazing. So far I'm doing just fine and so are my girls. Hopefully the day will bring good mending news. I'll call my mom around 9 or 10 to see how she is doing.

Marcia- Sounds like a good idea. A closer marathon makes is just that much easier when you have to be there that morning.

Wendy-Have fun with lomax. I plan to run tomorrow with you. I can't get outdooors but I'll meet you on the treadmill.

Check back later eveyone.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good morning Cheetahs-

Marcia--sounds like a good plan to do the half closer to home. Aug. 26. is down on my Cheetah race schedule!:) The Elliptical sounds fun. I wish I had the ceiling height at home to have one.

Wendy--how did the medicine work? Low Max is a killer for me!

Karen--Glad everything seems ok for now. PUB is a good way to start the day. Hope you get to squeeze in your run later, but if you don't, life comes first, then running & exercise.....
:)

Mattea- Happy B-Day! I think today is your b-day? I might have missed it, but what did you decide to have as a gift?

Elaine--good job in my view on your 5K yesterday. I would hardly call your time "suck" from my seat in the running stadium.:)

For me today, I did Core Synergistics which is a challenge, but felt like a good choice for me after the race yesterday. I stretched a lot last night before bed, which was helpful. I am not feeling too sore today. Swimming is on the schedule for later today, but I'm not sure I will be able to do it.

Have a great day everyone. Hello and great workouts to all the Cheetahs who check in later.

Barb
:) :) :)

Marcia-How have you had an elliptical sitting around and NOT jumped on it? LOL I just couldn't control myself! LOL Enjoy, whichever workout you do! I'll change your 1/2 marathon on our race calendar.

Wendy-enjoy LowMax. How is the neck today? When does therapy start?

Karen-glad to hear the girls are doing well...and you. Hope mom is!

Mattea-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb-the swim sounds great. It's such an awesome post-run workout for your body. Enjoy it!

As for me, this morning was Imax and 200 reverse lunges. Feeling good. Today I'm signing me and the boys up at the YMCA...we got financial sponsorship from them so they're excited to go swimming. (Funny to me, because summer is right around the corner and the public pool opens up next weekend!) But, my friend's mom is a lifeguard and she's going to work with me on my strokes. Don't laugh at me, but I'm considering trying out a small triatholon later in the summer. We'll see.

Happy Monday!

Gayle

Gayle--
cool that you are thinking of a triatholon. Swim lessons sounds good. I need them. My DH is thinking of taking swim lessons, too, this summer, just so he can swim laps with better form.

IMAX is hard for me to do. I bow down to the 200 reverse lunges!

Have a great day.

Barb

Barb, no bowing down allowed! LOL. I was DRIPPING with sweat by the time I got done. It was GREAT! LOL As for the triatholon...my best friend found an article and suggested I try a MINI tri. Then the current issue of Runner's World has an article on Triatholons for runners. I'm beginning to think somebody's trying to tell me something.

Gayle

great that you would consider it. I just re-looked at the race schedule and you have a 5K coming up and half and then marathon!

I get one bow to you under grandfathering because I didn't know about the no-bowing down rule!
LOL

Barb

Good morning, cheetah runners!

So much over the weekend & I really can't catch up!!! However, Karen- we are going through some REALLY similar stuff w/ our Grandmas!! I know exactly what you're dealing with. My Grandma has cancer in her bladder also & had a bad blood clot on Friday that was just terrible. (I think I posted a mini-update but now I don't even remember) She is doing much better & we all went to visit her y'day. The girls were very happy to get to visit Gigi (that's what they call her). She was happy for the company & they each made special pictures to hang in her room. She is still in ICU but should be moving to a regular room in a day or so.

Anyway, weekend was great. I got in a 5 mile run on Fri & a 6.5 mile run on Sat morning. It was a whirlwind of activity w/ visiting relatives, seeing old friends, going to my friend's wedding, etc. The wedding was one of the most gorgeous & fun weddings I've been to!! We had a great time. I added some pics in my picture trail under June '06. I ended up w/ a nasty migraine y'day & finally a nap & an Imitrex did the trick. I should have figured, by the time I got home AF had started (I think you guys post TOTM?) Whatever, anyway, that explains the migraine!

I took y'day off from exercise, I needed the rest. I was going to do KickMax this morning but slept in so I guess I'll do it this afternoon. I'm running Tues, Wed, & Thurs w/ my friend Melissa so I didn't want to run 4 days in a row.

OK, again sorry I haven't responded to everyone but I have unpacking & catching up to do from being away all weekend!!

Hugs,

RE: Good morning, cheetah runners!

Jess-you're gorgeous....and DH is right. The hoochie dress looks HOT! Sorry to hear about your Gramdma. Ironic, to me, because some of 2 of my cousin's children (what does that make them to me?) call my Grandmother G.G. (short for Great Grand Mom). We simply call her MOM! ANYWAY.......................prayers and hugs.

Gayle

Hi Jess--
Good luck catching up and getting things back on track.
Still sending prayers for your Grandma too. We are all thinking of you and Karen during this week. Glad you kids feel happy and could make pictures. A nice thing to do for all!

Great pictures!
Barb

So far I got in the PUB, abs but not the run yet. I think I may have time to get it in later. I hope.

Barb- Once again congratulations. How do you feel this morning?

Gayle- I think the lessons sound great. Thanks for your kind words

Jess- Really pretty much we are living the same life right now. It is difficult but these ladies ( grandma's) are so strong. Your pic's are great. I swear we have the same yard, trampoline, pool w/slide and all. Dh and I just bought another pool yesterday. It's a 3ft pool. Im still keeping the other one for when I'm not out in the yard.
karen

Good morning cheetah runners

Marcia...that is good you got another race closer and more convenient for you! Have fun whatever workout you do. It is getting fairly hot here so I know I'll be running early...:)

Wendy...have a good circuit workout today

Jess...sounds like you had an awesome weekend! And that hoochie dress...WOW!!!! Gorgeous color and looks fab on you!! Have fun with Kickmax...

Barb...you did awesome!!! Having your family there to cheer you on had to be great! Navigating thru the cups and feet can be trying but sounds like you got thru it wonderfully. Great music choice also...:)..Isn't Core Syn a tough one, those superman/bananas always get me laughing...:)

Karen...thank you for keeping us updated, a tough weekend for all of your family...nice to hear things went fairly well. Enjoy PUB and hope you can get in a run..:)

Gayle...the smilies are not so tough...:)...you just need a program. I like what you added to my quote...:)..I think a mini tri would be fun for you Gayle. I might be doing one also in a couple of years (if I can learn how to swim!!) Way to go with Imax and then 200 walking lunges!!

Elaine...you do NOT suck! I have gone out too fast a few times in a race, and it messed up my time. Racing will always be a learning experience. I wish I could do a 5K in 25:20!! More like 27:00 if I'm lucky...:)

I am doing a 5 mile run before it gets too hot. Then continuing with my P90X rotation and doing Chest & Back and some abs.

Have a great day...:)

Carole--
Thanks for the support. It was definitely fun to have the family there cheering and doing a water bottle hand-off. Everyone had fun and I can't ask for more. The superman/bananas are definitely a hoot. I will have to work to keep up with the pace at the end. I look like a rattlesnake on a trail, though, with the Chataranga thinga-dingies-- that will take me a long time to get!

Karen-- my legs feel better than I thought they would today. I did Core Synergistics and I did a really thorough warm-up and cool down yesterday with my usual tools of slideboard, floor work, stretching and some abs. For me, that is the big variable with soreness. Also, I did about 45" of stretching 6-8 hours after the race, which I really did NOT want to do, but made myself and feel ok today.

Great day to all!
Barb

Barb...some others and I refer to the "plank to chataranga" as "plank to faceplant"...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/biggrin.gif[/img]

Great going yeaterday Barb!!!

Gayle- a mimi tri? All I can say is WOW. My running buddy did one and she said she is done with them. She prefers to just run now.

Carole- 5 miles the day after 18.6? I am always impressed with your workouts!

Tig- Have fun with the Low Max circuit.

Are the med's helping yet?

Marcia- When you said Rochester, I got excited, But then I saw it was Rochester , MN. I live near Rochester, NY

Hello to Barb, Jes, Karen, & Matttea and Shelly C

Today I did Muscle Max all upper body segments and a 6 mile hilly run. I am still feeling the DOMS from KM, but for some reason I ran steady and moderately well today. (9 Minute miles )

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

I feel great right now. I got in my workout this morning and now I just got in a 4 mile run. Feels Good. I was going to do 2 or 3 but started watching this show from the treadmill and soon it was 4 miles. I had to get off to make lunch.

Judy- Great workout wiht the hilly run.
karen

Good morning lovely Cheetahs!

(We should change the name of the thread from Runner's check in to "Cheetah Check In'!). I'm on a recovery week with P90X so I did Rodney Yee's Yoga for Athletes, and I'm so glad I did - I feel nice and stretched now. This afternoon is a tempo run, then a job interview (that I would be thrilled to be having if it were just 45 days from now - I want to take the summer off!) followed by a meeting for my DD13's class trip to Washington DC. Busy day!

Barb - I get to do Core Synergistics tomorrow - I love that. But like Carole that Plank to Chatarunga is more Plank to face plant. My arms hold me in that position for appoximately 5 seconds... :+

Marcia - enjoy your run or your elliptical! Thanks for starting the thread. The new half sounds fabulous - I'd change too! I'm lucky in that I have friends who live in Napa so DH and I are staying with them for my half.

Wendy - have fun with LowMax! I enjoy that one, except she does too many outer thigh sweeps. I get bored with those after a while. :) But it fits so well into a circuit!

Karen - hope the day brings only good news along with a fabulous run!

Gayle - I LOVE that you're trying a mini Triathalon! I was just watching the Escape from Alcatraz and it got the brain awhirling... Not yet, no way, and definitely not that one (swimming in shark infested waters is too much like tempting fate!). I'm excited to hear about the training and the race. I seriously think you should go for it.

Jess - glad to hear your gradnmother is recovering as well!! Tough weekend for a lot of cheetahs! I'll keep her and your family in my prayers as well.

Carole - oh, one of my favorites! I'm looking forward to getting back to Chest and Back next week! Have fun.

Judy - sounds like you had a wonderful run! Good work!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.