runners check in 5/2

laura35

Cathlete
Hey everyone!!!!

I have bootcamp class tonight, so no running for me today,well thats not true, I get plenty of running incorporated in class. I sure she will work us hard. I ended up only running 1 1/2miles yesterday. I only had time to run to my sons game since I gont home late. I guess it is better than nothing though.

Amy if you finished your half in 2:04 that is not slow. that is a decent time, good job.

gayle, I know what you mean about it comes easy for you. Some people are just natural runners. Sounds like your one of them. Wish I was. I would love to have it come natural to me!!!!!!!

sarah 4 more days!!!

I sure carole will run somewhere gorgeous today, have a nice one!!!

Hi everyone.

Laura, enjoy bootcamp tonight!}(

I ran 2 miles steady on the treadmill at the gym yesterday with relative ease. I am sooo happy!:+

No running today but intend to get another run in at some point this week.

I got an MP3 player for my B'day so my next run will be lots more fun!}(

Have a great one ladies!:)

Hi ladies!

In an effort to let my legs recover just one more day, I worked out on the stationary bike this morning, 45 minutes, interval. Then a nice long stretch! I did run a little bit yesterday and my legs felt great, just a bit sore in some places.

Laura-I hope nobody understood me saying my half was EASY. That's not what I meant. I just meant that because I'm still a BEGINNER, I'm still figuring out how fast I can go. So, it's easier for me right now (with just a few races under my belt) to better my time everytime. I hope that makes sense. I don't want anybody thinking this running thing is coming easy. I'm naturally athletic and that helps, but it's NOT EASY!

Amy-I agree....your time was AWESOME this weekend. Do not discount that.

Carole-I posted yesterday from my parents' house but it didn't post here for some reason. I commented that during one of the bigger hills on Sunday, one runner in front of me made a comment, "how do you think this hill compares to any of them at Big Sur?" I was blown away and imagined it was YOU running in front of me! LOL

Now, is anybody close enough to consider the Philadelphia Distance Run (Half Marathon) this September? I'd like some company! LOL

Gayle

Hi Ladies, Today I am going to do a tempo run that Sarah gave me a while back. It' a sort of kick your rear to the curb kind of run. Then I am going to do 30 min of yoga. I'm off to run my buns off.

Wendy- 2 miles girl. You are doing fantastic. Keep up the good work. Congrats again on the bf loss. Your doing something right.

I wish I could do it with you Gayle. My longest run was that 9 mile one the other day. Sept is far away though. I hope to one day be able to say heck yeah I'm there. By next summer for sure.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Karen-I just posted on the other check-in. LOL. Mind sharing the temp run that Sarah gave you? I'm itching to lace up the running sneakers again!!!!

Gayle

Good morning ladies!

Yesterday I only ran 3 miles, but I hit a personal goal of running it in 30 minutes, which included a short warm-up. Today I was going to run, but instead during my lunch hour I need to take DD to the doctor again. She is scheduled to go the the ENT doctor next Wednesday to see about getting tubes in her ears, but she is in so much pain right now I need to take her to her pediatrician today. I'll be so glad when she doesn't have to be on antibiotics for months at a time.

I hope everyone has a great day and run today. I'll try to check back later, but I don't think I will have time.

Good morning runners!
Laura-Some is always better than none:)

Gayle-No one thinks you're showing off;-) some of us are just jealous, lol! And wish we were as an accomplished "beginner" as you!

Karen-That sounds like a great run, anything that Sarah finds tough, I'll be willing to bet is just plain hard:7 Is is treadmill or outdoors?

Wendy-So glad you're getting back into steady running after feeling so crappy! Great job

Kristi-Sorry to hear about your DD's ears, that is always so painful! Congrats on the personal best!

No run for me today, it's a rest day-but there's those 15 flights of stairs waiting for me later!
Happy running!
Mattea

Good morning runners

Laura, I hope you enjoy your Bootcamp class. Sometimes we can run out of time so your 1.5 miles last night is fine...:)

Good job Wendy on the 2 miles!! I hope you enjoy your B-Day gift!

Gayle...cute story...amazing people think about marathons so far away..:)..I am glad your legs are recovering good.

Enjoy your tempo run Karen, those can be fun.

Mattea...careful on the stairs!!..:)

Good job on the 30 min run Kristi!! Hope your DD feels better soon...

Nice to see some other enablers working!!! Hope you girls have a great time in the Wine half!

I'll be doing GS standing legs and a 6 mile run in the wind. The pollen count has been high and makes peoples allergies crazy here...including mine!

Have a great day...

KRISTI, I am so sorry about your sweet little girls ears!! I hope you can find relief for her fast! Hugs to you both! On a happy note, GREAT JOB on that 3 miles in 30 minutes!!

WENDY, I am so happy to hear that you are feeling much better and able to get some miles in! You are progressing beautifully! Just so you know...it gets a lot easier...the later miles. The first few are always challenging. Your body is adjusting, your lungs are adjusting. I still say those first few miles are the hardest! You are doing GREAT! Enjoy your new tunes!

KAREN, Enjoy your tempo run! I am so glad you like it so much!

LAURA, Bootcamp sounds like so much fun!! I wish we had something like that around me. Actually...we may...so I wish I 'knew' of something like that around me!

GAYLE, Already planning your next 1/2!! You are too cute! I can tell you are still so tickled...as you should be! I hope my full goes as well as your half!

MATTEA, 15 flights of stairs should certainly get the job done! GEEZ!! My tush burns just thinking about it!

As for me, I will run 3-4 lazy miles with the training group tonight. I may do a yoga before taking cute little DD to gymnastics.

ENJOY YOUR WORKOUTS LADIES!!

4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!4 MORE DAYS!!!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for you, Sarah!!!!!
:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+

Carol- six miles in the wind is like 20 miles in the stale air. The other day one the straight away the wind was kicking and I thought "Oh no get me to the woods where there is no breeze" Your workouts are fantastic, take care of those allergies.

Gayle- Here it goes courtesy of Sarah

First I have to say this kicks my butt everytime. Everytime when I think this time will be easier. IT'S NOT. Once your get to the peak you think someone help me get down. But you do, and when your done you feel great. But it doesn't seem to want to get easier for me.

Here Goes

5 min- warm-up

6.0 mph-2 min
6.1 mph-2min
6.2 mph-2min
6.3 mph-2min
6.4 mph-2min
6.5 mph-2min
6.6 mph-2min
6.7 mph-2min
6.8 mph-2min
6.9 mph-2min
7.0 mph-2min
7.1 mph-2min
7.3 mph-2min
then bump back down .1 every minute
7.2 mph-1 min
7.1 mph-1 min
7.0 mph- 1 min
6.9 mph-1 min and so on all the way back down to 6.0. Then cool down for 5 min.

I'm telling you coming back down the minute does not end quick enough. Enjoy

karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good morning all runners -

Thank you for making me feel at home with my post yesterday!! :) It meant the world to me. You all welcomed me with open arms - thanks!

Sarah - I'm so excited for you, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I rest today, but have at least 3 miles on the docket for tomorrow.

Question for all of you "pros" ;-) My training schedule is a 12 week one, but my 1/2 isn't for 15 weeks. So, what do all of you do before the actually "training" starts? I've been just running whenever I can and for as long as I can. I'm up to at least the 3 miles that the training schedule starts with, but wondering if I should be doing something else, too? I was thinking about just doing the first week of the schedule for four weeks and moving on from there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
~Marcia~

Oh - forgot to tell you, my 1/2 starts in Hudson, Wisconsin and travels across the river to Minnesota. It's a Gopher vs. Badger kind of thing. GO GOPHERS!! It's on August 12 or 13 (I can't remember right off hand if it's a Saturday or Sunday race)

Morning runners,
If I forget someone here, you'll have to forgive this "old" lady, lol! Yikes, short term memory is the first to go!

Kristi, I hope your baby feels better soon, OUCH! WooHoo, great time on your 3 miles!

Wendy, I agree with Sarah...the first two miles are the TOUGHEST!

Karen, thanks for sharing Sarah's tempo run workout...I saved it for next week. Thanks Sarah! Yay, you're almost there! :)

Laura, where do you take the bootcamp classes?

Mattea, now every time I walk up stairs I think of you doing 15 flights! :eek:

Gayle, I'd love to meet up with you at the Philly Distance Run. I did it last year in 2:05 so you're WAY out my league girl, lol! I'm going to try to do a little better this time but after last week, my confidence is a little lagging (ha,ha!) Hey, I'm not jealous at all, it's us "sloggers" that make you "gazelle's" look so good! ;)

Amy, we'd be a perfect "paced" running pair. ;)

Christine, I hear ya....hey what's a race without US bringing up the rear!

Carole, I'm going to re-do the current training plan I did for the marathon in preparation for the 50k. I'll jump in at Training Week 4 next week, but we have vacation for a 10 days in July. I figured out the schedule to work around it so I think I'll be fine. Are you changing up your training for your 50k? What's your longest run going to be? Any tips? :) Wow, your race looks like it's going to be on a beautiful course. Mine is 12+ loops around a flat course in the middle of a forest preserve, lol!

Hi Marcia, Welcome! I think a plan of just building up to your training plan will work well. If you do 3 miles now, and your first week of the plan calls for three, you're all set. :) Maybe throw in some cross training like weights and other cardio and you'll do super.

Kathy

Hi
I see we must have posted at the same time Laura35. When I checked this morning, there was no runners check in yet.

Any way I am back from my run and stretch and on to the rest of the day.

Sarah- I wished you good luck on the other thread. Check it out.

I like thae looks of the tempo run posted and might try it in a treadmill day. Thansk for sharing it. :)

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Wow! Busy post this morning! I LOVE seeing all the excitment about running! That's so great!

Kristi - sorry about DD's ears. I hope she feels better soon!

Gayle - I know what you mean about the "easier", but I still think you're doing fabulous!

Sarah!!! I'm going to do a long run on Saturday - I'll be thinking of you! How exciting!

Karen - I think that would kill me. So of course, I'll try it soon. :p

Waves to everyone else! I'm sorry I don't have time to say to everyone individually! Later I will! Due to work, I didn't get my 3 mile run in yesterday, but I WILL do it today. Come heck, high water or annoying bosses. I have new running shorts and jersey, so I simply have to try them out. :+ I did P90X Plyometrics this morning - which I love. So I'm all warmed up and ready to go!

Good morning!!

As I was telling Sarah, a college friend of DH's came out from Utah and ran Big Sur on Sunday. DH went up to watch him finish then the friend came down yesterday to spend the night. So now my routine is off! I didn't get in my workout yesterday and it looks like I'll only have time for the elliptical today. I keep telling myself that it's OK since I'm running a 10K on Saturday and the rest will do me some good.......

Anyway, I'm getting more and more excited about the Wine Country 1/2 coming up in July as the list of you wonderful women that will be there keeps growing. Is there anyone else that can make it???

Elaine - which 10k are you doing this Saturday?

Karen - I think we all have a bit of that in us - which is why we all feel at home here. If we weren't a bit crazy, we wouldn't be trying to run further than most people are willing to drive for a smoothy... :+

Ran 4 miles over lunch - nice run - wasn't too hot and my new shirt and shorts were very comfy (except that when I got hot and sweaty the short kept riding up - guess I need to lose some weight in the thighs!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.