Runner's Check in 4/29/06

WAY TO GO LAURA!!! Way to improve on your time, too! YEAH!!! And you recruited some friends... Busy woman!!

Kathy - how'd it go girl? I'm dying to hear.

Gayle! No run for me tomorrow, but I'll definitely be thinking of you and cheering you on! I have my credit card ready... Now all you need to do is make the time! (nothing like pressure - eh?) Have a great time!

Sarah - *joins in chant* 7 MORE DAYS! 7 MORE DAYS! I'm so excited for you! You are such an inspiration! I hope your marathon is as wonderful as you are!

Mattea - yes, I felt soo good when I got back, and it made me realize that if I can run 5 miles with no real prep, I can certainly run 13.1 with training. So, now I'm really excited.

Oh speaking of that... I spoke to DH over the phone (he's heading up from the San Francisco airport) and mentioned the Wine Country Half, and he was all for it! The only thing right now is to decide whether I'm running solo or he's running, too. So I GET TO RUN!!! And even better, I get to meet Elaine and Thomasina (and whoever else is running as well!). I'm so excited! And Carole - I absolutely have to run with you, so, I'm seriously considering Humbolt. As I said, we'll see after Sonoma...

Elaine must live near me as we had that marine layer too - it's really a high level fog that may or may not make it down to the ground. I had a friend who was visiting from Chicago and she woke up one morning so disappointed. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, until she pointed to the "clouds". I said, "Oh, by 10AM that will be gone." And it was - she was amazed. Sarah - California is too wacky to have any kind of martial law. :+ Heck, you don't even own dogs around here. They reside with us and have more rights than most people in third world countries. :p

Thanks karen and sarah!!! I have really been working hard towards getting a better PR and even though 26min isnt a wow time, I felt good about it!!! Last yr I just couldnt break 27+min for some reason so that makes these past two 5Ks mean alot . I tell myself its just the first two this spring, imagine what I might accomplish for the next few in the works. If I dont do better, I am okay with my time. I know I have worked really hard and I am proud of myself. Especially having asthma. I dont want to use that as a crutch though, but when I first started I couldnt even run a 1/4 of a mile without dying. So for you beginner runners, YOU CAN DO IT, DONT GIVE UP!!!!
Thanks again karen and sarah, and sarah your comment on being number 1 here is truly appreciated, that is so sweet of you. You have helped so many of us runners on this forum. I hope to continue to learn from you,carole,gayle and many others here.

Laura, You sustained an 8:30 pace for 3.1 miles....and you deal with asthma? I for one consider your 26 min to be a WOW time. You go girl, give yourself a high five!!
ShellyC

Laura!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_125.gif[/img] you did awesome!! And recruited a friend!! That is so cool. I am so happy for you and a great pace...:)

Mattea...actually I did a circuit of KPC Punching & Kicking combos with GS floor legs.

Christine I am so glad you get to do the half and maybe DH too!! Would love to meet up at Humboldt...:)

Elaine, I do remember the marine layer as I grew up in Southern Cal...:)

Karen you are welcome and now from Laura's post I do believe you can feel the excitement!!!

Sarah...7 DAYS!!!! Have a nice easy week....yes Sarah, you are about the most inspirational lady I have know. and you will have a hreat marathon...:)

Gayle and Kathy once again...Good Luck tomorrow....!!!

thanks shelley,carole and karen! I appreciate the support from all you ladies. Now I cant wait for sarah' marathon and karens 5k.

Its soooooo exciting!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.