RT check in Tues April10

pwmatt

Cathlete
This morning was HCE interval blast and legs. Never having done it before I didn't know what to expect! I think that was a good thing. I may have whimped out if I had known. It was tough. I don't do well with all those tuck jumps - something about the fast twitch fiber. I don't think I have any of those ;) Well, at least it's done and I can move on to the rest of my day which is bound to be easier :)

Phyllis http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Good Morning
Great workout Phyllis! I have HCE I think that is the hardest workout on there!
Think I'm going to be doing shoulders today, will let you know later:)
Have a great day everyone!
Randi

Good morning ladies!
This morning I did CTX S&I. Loved it. This is my first time doing the CTX series.

Phyllis-great job! I am afraid of HCE also!

Randi-Have a good workout!

Off to work:-( Hope everyone has a good day!

Kara

Good morning ladies!!!
Thought I'd check in before I headed off to school. Today's slated workout is Step Blast, one of my favorites! It's so much fun and it works me good and hard.
This morning I woke up to find that my 2 cats had cornered a mouse in my kitchen...needless to say DH got an immediate wake up call!!! He took it accross the street and hopefully it won't come back!!! Yuck!!!
Have a great day!!!
Josie

Good Morning, RoadTripper's :)

Yesterday went well w/ eating. It was my son's 16th B-day and I even stayed away from the Ice Cream Cake....:) It was my 1st day on the BFL Challenge and I didn't want to mess it up. So far so good. Today's meals are planned;

B- Protein Pancakes w/ S/F Syrup (1/2 Oatmeal, 1/2 CC, & 3 Egg Whites, dash of Cinamon).
S- Yogurt & Cottage Cheese
L- Fish, Brown rice, & Salad w/ F/F Italian
S- EAS Lo-Carb Van Protein Shake
D- Chicken, Veggie, & Potato

Last night was Step Blast (workout Blender, Blast only, 2 times). Boy was that a work-out!! Tonight is LB, I am kind of bored to tears w/ FreeStyle (it's only been a few days :))...So I am going to start following Cathe's Pyramid DVD's for UB & LB.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Off to get some work done !!!

Take Care ~
"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/Fitness-momx2

Just finished PUB shoulders, PS shoulders, last 5 intervals of Imax then CTX all step shoulders. Now I have to get ready for work :(
Take care today everyone
Randi

Good morning ladies! Last night I did Legs and Glutes (one of my favorite leg workouts) and followed it up with Gym Styles Chest/Triceps and the Gym Styles Bicep segment. I was hoping to get through Shoulders and Back too, but my body was shot after the bicep work. I think my biggest concern about the RT is that I am going to poop out in the middle of one of the workouts. I had to take a bunch of breaks in L&G, and I kept telling myself I will not get all these breaks at the RT. Although I know everyone says it isn't as high intensity at the RT. I'm determined not to look like a big wuss! ;)

Phyllis - Congrats on doing HCE for the first time this morning. My hat goes off to you for doing that in the a.m. I'm just not an early morning exerciser myself. ;)

Randi - Sounds like you got quite the shoulder workout in today!

Kara - I love the CTX series! Are you doing a rotation using it?

Jennifer - Congrats on resisting the ice cream! I can't say I was as disciplined at my nephew's 18th party this weekend... You are a strong woman! Freestyling tends to be boring to me too. I like following along with Cathe and crew. Makes me feel like I am not doing it "alone".

Josie - Ewe! What a thing to wake up to! Lol... At least your cat didn't take care of the mouse and then bring it to you in bed as a present. I have a friend whose cat is always bringing her "presents". Have fun with Step Blast!

Goodmorning trippers. Today I'll be doing the second workout in CTX, whatever that may be. I have a meeting at church in the evening and don't have time for anything too long. My eating yesterday was better than it has been, but still not quite "good." I'll try better today.

Blurb - My DD had a son this past October. She hid her pregnancy from everyone, including the father, who was a way at basic training. The baby, Greyor, had a CMV infection and some very extensive brain damage, from what the doctors couldn't begin to guess. Greyor is adorable and growing well, but he has some developmental delays. We don't know how the brain damage will manifest in the future. Vicki, your sons inspire me, and help me realize, whatever the future brings, my DH, DD, her boyfriend and I can handle it. Thanks for listening.

Morning Ladies!

No workout for me untill Thursday...I've decided to take a little rest. So Thursday I will start off with BM2}(

Phyllis- I love HCE! #2 hi/lo is my favorite.

Jennifer- good for you, staying away from ice cream cake!

Josie- what a way to ge the day started...with a mouse.

Randi- Have a good day at work:)

Liann- I love LG, but since getting BG I have not done it. I find when doing a leg workout, BG has more of a fun factor for me.

Michelle

Robin...

It sounds like you guys are doing all that you can for Greyor. The best gift you can give him is a life... always let him know he can accomplish whatever he puts his mind to, and that if some things are tough, there will be other things he will excel at. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, and he is no different. Now, what I would like to know is if he is getting any Early Intervention for his developmental delays?? Every state has an EI program, and it is always free to the families. I have been an EI Service Coordinator for 9 years now, and just closed and EI agency here in NY this past January to start the next phase of my life as a personal trainer. It is withought a doubt the single most important thing you can do to help Greyor for the future. if you don't know how to start the process, let me know and I will help you. My email is [email protected] My boys now go to all the schools in the area and each year do a presentation for what they call "Celebration of Capabilites" It has been a success and last year they won a local award for it. Their CP has been a blessing in making them strong and determined!! So, see, Greyor can and will accomplish great things! Hope to hear from you!!

So, I this morning will be Pyramid Upper Body, then some cardio on the eliptical. I am soooo sore from yesterday's B&G. I can hardly walk!! I will say, my butt feels pretty tight this morning!! LOL!

Hi RT's

I have been MIA here as I am trying to get my taxes done. Yeah I know, I really should try harder next year to get them done earlier!!

Phyllis...I think I have mostly slow twictch fibers myself. Good job with HCE.

Randi...shoulders is my favorite part to work. And you worked yours really well!!

Kara...CTX is a good series of workouts.

Jennifer...good job avoiding the Ice Cream cake. The Pyramids are good workouts.

Josie...glad your DH took care of the mouse...they are cute, but I don't like them in my house.

Liann...L&G is a fun one too. I don't think I have ever done all the upper GS's in one day...that would definitely be an upper body frier.

Robin..have fun with CTX. I tried avoiding those dark choc M&M's as long as I could yesterday....I will try to be better with you today!

Michelle..enjoy your rest. BM2 is a good way to jump back in!!

I am doing GS Legs standing section, abs and a 4 mile run.

Morning:

Sunday was GS CT and last night was Interval Max. Not sure what is on deck for tonight, but I might do some yoga.

mmmm, what to blurb about? I have a Masters in Psychology and was a theerapist/social work administrator for about 11 years. I quit all of that and am now a paralegal, which I like much better. I thought about going to law school, but really, I am just not an attorney, so I will stay behind the scenes where I like it.

Have a great workout everyone. Oh yeah, and I do have DOMS from that drop set of pushups. I did almost all of them on my toes.

Vicki, thank you. Greyor is getting PT/OT once a week right now. We are pretty familiar with what's out there, after raising one mentally challenged child. I think your sons have done amazing things, and they are still so young, with so much ahead of them. Just like Greyor.

Good morning roadtrippers! Had no time to post yesterdayx( I had a very busy Easter Sunday at work:( I work in an ICU and it often is busy on holidays:(
I'll start with a little factoid about myself... my latest hobby is motorcycle riding:7 Not your typical pastime for a 50 yr old lady! DH and I have dual purpose bikes and yesterday I had a grand old time riding off road!

Phyllis- I love the HCE workouts! They really kick butt!

Randi- Shoulders is my least favorite body part to work. Do you often do rotations working one body part a day?

Kara- I haven't done any CTX workouts for a while! They are alot of fun and still very innovative.

Jennifer- I am SO impressed with your diet! You passed on the ice cream cake:eek: Awesome will power there girl! You can't go wrong with the pyramid workouts for building muscle!

Josie- SB is definitely HIGH on the fun factor! I always praise my kitties when they catch mice.... sick, I know! Hey, since I'm a "biker chick" now I should get some tattoos, eh?

Liann- Okay, you did L&G AND the GS workouts and your afraid you're
going to wimp out on the RT??? Aw, come on!!! You definitely have nothing to worry about!!!!

Robin- My goodness, you sure have had alot to deal with. Your son with Prader Willi syndrome and now a GS with brain damage? You must have such strength and character!!! I truly admire your spirit:)

Vicki- I didn't have a chance to go back to prior days postings about your sons but I gather they have CP but are obviously inspirations in what they have accomplished. Largely, I'm sure due to your efforts. Some of your ladies really have me humbled :eek:

Michelle- Have a great rest day and save up your energy for BM2!!!

Carole- Hello again fellow cheetah and roomie:7 :7 :7 :7

Bekki (ivorygorgon)- Hope you don't mind me using your (gasp) name!
.... just a little friendly teasing;-) Boy do you have an impressive background! That was quite a career change for you and must have taken quite a bit of courage and fortitude! Have a great yoga day. I find yoga to be very difficult for me. It just takes too much patience;-) )

Okay, time to get busy. I do so look forward to meetin y'all!!!

ShellyC

Good morning/afternoon everyone!

This morning I worked out to the warmup and blast of KickMax, then the intermediate and advanced drills on Kick, Punch and Crunch. It was a great workout, and fun too.

Hmmm...blurb. I am 26 years old and have been with my DH for 10 years. We started dating in high school and have been together ever since. We've been married almost 4 year now. We have a pitbull/lab mix named Tucker and two cats, Roy and Roger.

Robin,
Great to hear that! Things were so different when your son was young, wasn't it?? There was no EI and you had to petition the courts to get services, at least that's how it was when the boys were very little here in NY. When EI was written into law in 1992, things got a whole lot better! Keep me updated!

Michelle - I just got B&G, but haven't broken it out yet. I will have to try that one next week. ;) Enjoy your rest days!

Carole - Yeah, I don't think I could have made it through all of the GS upper body work. I'm going to save Shoulders and Back for Thursday. Enjoy your 4 mile run!

ivorygorgon - I did GS C/T last night too and boy do I hear you on the drop push-ups - ouchie. Good job at doing them on your toes. I still do little girl push-ups. ;) Have fun with Yoga tonight!

ShellyC - Well, I made it through them all, but... it took quite a while - Legs and Glutes became an almost 2 hour workout. I had to keep breaking to collapse on the floor and concentrate on "breathing". The endurance isn't quite there yet. ;) Your new hobby sounds exciting! :)

Hi fellow trippers. I've also not been around much. We got more than 2 feet of snow so my little drill team's first parades of the season have been moved back one week. All of a sudden I'm asking 50 families to re-adjust their schedules and trying to figure out if I can field a squad (welcome to my first year as coach right?) And since I am a total stress eater my diet has been very poor. :( Gotta kick it into gear - you ladies are such an inspiration. Hey Robin - where DO you get your energy?

So eating is better, w/o - Gauntlet and Core Max #1 this am, PUB and Fluidity this afternoon. I SOOOO want to get outside for a long walk, but the wind and cold make it miserable - will try a short one.

Randi - I love how you do body parts from all those different w/os.

Carole - good luck on those taxes - I know all too well the game of delay.

Oops - gotta get the door - back for more in a bit. Take care all!

Lorrie

I'll be walking the Komen 3-day (60 miles) the week after Cathe's RT. To view my webpage or make a donation go to:

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=202302&supid=166016627

Liann - If you poop out in the middle of a workout during the RT, grab your camera and take some action shots. Act like you *planned* it that way! ;-) :D Seriously, the RT workouts anywhere near the intensity of Cathe's DVDs. They are advanced, but very approachable. For cardio, she breaks things down for a long time before TIFTing. And for weights, I've said it a couple of times already, but go light! Use about half or so what you normally would. Now I just have to make myself follow my own advice. :p

This morning I finished up IMAX 3. I had done the first 5 intervals last night, so I did the last five intervals this morning. Oddly enough, I found the last 5 intervals much easier than the first 5. Hmmmm . . .

Blurb - Today is my 8th wedding anniversary! After the disaster that was my first marriage, I never wanted to get married again. I'm so glad I gave it another chance!!

Hi everyone. Sounds like your workouts were way better than mine.
This morning I got up and I thought I was suppose to do UBP on my rotation so I didn't worry about what workout clothes I put on. When I got upstairs, I checked my list & I realized that's tomorrow workout. Since I already did some upper body work yesterday, I couldn't just sub it in. Today was suppose to be HCE Interval Blast & leg drills. My mind was stuck on upper body and just didn't want to get into the step. Plus if I was going to do all that jumping during the blasts I really needed to change into something more supportive but was too lazy to go back down stairs and change. I stumbled through 20 mins and threw in the towel. Will try to return to it this evening.

Question for all. Have you been on any of Cathe's RTs before or is this your first? If yes, which ones? Did anyone go to the ones that Video Fitness sponsored back in 2000 or before(I think there were 5 of those)

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.