Rotations with Imax

kli

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

There are some rotations which use half of Imax, for example, the 5 first intervals of Imax, after strength working. In that case, do I have to do the (long) warm-up of Imax, before the 5 intervals in question ?

Thanks in advance,

Karina

In my opinion, no. The purpose of the warmup is to get the blood flowing into your muscles before you kick it into high gear. Since you'll be coming off strength training your muscles should be thoroughly warmed up. Plus, you'll have done a short warmup before you strength train - why warm up twice? Unless you enjoy the Imax warmup, I'd say feel free to skip it.

Just editing back in to say, if you're talking about the original IMax warmup (not IMax2) - it's quite lengthy. If you do decide to do it, you could look at it as more of an extra 15 minutes of cardio rather than a warmup, since it is more intense than other warmups.

Hi !

This seems wise ! I was in fact talking about Imax warmup, which is long, and thought that its length had a purpose, but Imax2 warmup is shorter indeed, so I guess you are right !

Thank you again for taking the time to answer ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.