Rotation Safe for DR

mamajoy

Hi all,

I have had Diastasis Recti for almost a decade and never had any problems with pain until the last couple of months. I have been having episodes of pain in my upper abdomen and believe it is time for me to step it up and heal my wound. Can anyone suggest a rotation that would be "safe" for DR? I have just come off of a RWH rotation and then an STS rotation and am currently doing the July rotation. I was thinking the Low Impact would be okay to do while I focus on closing my abdominal gap and maybe doing more high rep, low weight work but would love to hear other options if there are any!

Joy

I'd be extra careful with ANY upper body weight work where you are reaching, pushing above the shoulder line or there is a degree of rotational movement. I would advise (as a non clinician) that you consult with a physical therapist who specializes in this condition if you haven't already.They will be able to tell you how much and what type of fitness ought to be part of your ongoing recovery and pain management.
Take care.

I remember a long time ago, that a Cathelete( who I beleive is a physical therapist), posted a link about this condition. She had healed herself with certain exercises.
Does anyone else remember this? Maybe she still posts on here?
I will try and do a search.

http://lucyfitpt.blogspot.com

I beleive this is her. Scroll down to the bottom, and you will see categories. DR has two sections.
Not sure if this will be helpful to you or not. I guess it wasn't exactly the answer to your question! I just remember thinking how amazing her abs looked, so she must know what she is doing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.