Rotation for a flatter stomach

jawerd

Hi Cathe,

First of all I love all of your videos. Ever since I have discovered the great workouts you provided I'm hooked. My question is well I'm realy looking to tone up and flatten my stomach. I'm 5'5 and my weight is 113 but my stomach after having two c-sections just won't loose the extra fat. I'm looking for a rotation you can recommend to really tone up. I love your videos and can't wait for the new series!
thanks
wendy

I had to have a c-section with my 3rd son and a hysterectomy a year later and I would like a rotation too to help flatten my stomach.

Thank you

Hi Jawerd! We're the same size, I also have 3 children one being a c-section birth, so I thought I would share my experience. What work for me was alternating Cathe's weight lifting tapes with running. For some reason running trimmed my tummy faster than any aerobic workouts, maybe because I'm a natural runner. I also laid off the junk food like sweets and pop. Now I notice when I do gain wt,( that's when I slack with eating and exercise) it always comes back in the middle. For some women it's the hips, butt, or thighs, for me it's the tummy.:( I wish it could be the butt since I don't have one. :eek:

I also was advise when I do do aerobics to hold or suck in my abs. during the workout which would automaticlly work the abs.

Anyway that's my 2 cents and hope Cathe will answer soon with more tips! :D

I'd like an answer to this question too. It's mainly the lower part of the abs. The upper seem to be coming along just fine, but it's the very low part of the abs that are so very stubborn. Makes me mad at those actresses who can have babies and 3 weeks later they can put on low rider jeans and look as though they've never had a baby.

Maybe it will be the focus of the September rotation?
I really need to focus on that area, more than anything else.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this question and hopefully cathe will answer soon. Thanks to the ones who gave me advice!!!!

thanks!
wendy

Hi everyone,

I think Georgia has the right idea. Diet is the key. Many people store fat over their stomach/abdominal area. The only way to effectively flatten this area is to trim down the fat layer. A balanced diet to lose weight, aerobic exercise to burn calories, and core training to strengthen your abdominals. Even then your genetic makeup may hold on to fat in this area. I hate to add this last part but loose skin from life experience may not help. So, I would start with diet and a good exercise program. Cathe may surprise but don't be discouraged as there really is no magic bullet unless you'd consider liposuction.

Goodluck in fitness,
jordan

Hi everyone,

I think Georgia has the right idea. Diet is the key. Many people store fat over their stomach/abdominal area. The only way to effectively flatten this area is to trim down the fat layer. A balanced diet to lose weight, aerobic exercise to burn calories, and core training to strengthen your abdominals. Even then your genetic makeup may hold on to fat in this area. I hate to add this last part but loose skin from life experience may not help. So, I would start with diet and a good exercise program. Cathe may surprise but don't be discouraged as there really is no magic bullet unless you'd consider liposuction.

Goodluck in fitness,
jordan

I am doing all of what everyone says, eating right, plenty of cardio(running, kickboxing, rollerblading) and weights. I am naturally tall and thin (5'9") with not much body fat at all except my "lower" belly. Like someone mentioned on another post, the upper abs are great and I am starting to see the muscle lines on the side. Except that now its starting to look unbalanced with the lower stomach and waist. I had no kids either so there is no extra skin. I am having a real difficult time.

I found a small magazine by Muscle and Fitness, it is a training guide that is about Abs. It was at the checkouts in a Walmart supercenter and was only $2.89. It seems to have quite abit of info in it. Have not had the chance to read it yet but have glanced through it. Didn't have a Cathe routine in it of course but still some good information.:)

I still hope we can get a rotation from Cathe though.:) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.