Rosie O'Donell-OT

I have to agree - I watched the view before Rosie was on it and I still watch it now that she is on it. I see myself saying so many times that I am not watching this show anymore. I cant stand how Rosie interupts, talks over others and does not respect others opinions that differ from hers. She says Elizabeth is young and doesnt know what she is talking about but I am her age and very passionate about my political views and have no problem expressing them with some one who is older. Age might give you more experences but that doesnt necessarily equate to more knowledge. I am sure I will still tune in - it is kind of addicting. I will just have to remember to keep things out of my hands so I dont throw them at her and my tv!!!

I can't stand that woman. She's brash, loud, obnoxious, opinionated and not a very nice person. I don't find anything charming about her. I've never seen The View. The closest I've seen is the parody they used to do on Saturday Night Live.

I don't like her either (and I consider myself fairly liberal). I think you have to like show tunes to like her;-)

Carolyn

They all make women look pretty bad, IMO (but I so admire and love Barbara). They show no tolerance for people who feel differently than they do about politics or anything else. They are always right and their beliefs are cannon. I have my opinions on things, but I don't dislike or want to distance myself from people who don't agree with me... as long as they don't try to bully my into their beliefs like that show does. We are all wonderful because we are so different, and I would like to see a show where there are many women of different backgrounds and political views actually getting along and are open-minded and being accepting of each other - or should I say behaving like adults? (who is naive, now? lol)

Missy

<I absolutely can't stand her and I'm proud to say I've never seen a single episode of The View!>

Ditto!!

I do not like Rosie O'Donell, she is a BIG MOUTH. I wouldn't even think of watching the view now, if I were considering it before, cause shes on it.

My memory may be faulty, and I didn't watch that much, but when Rosie first started her own show, wasn't she a lot nicer of a person? What's happened to her over the years that has turned her into such a nasty complaining big mouth?? I think there has been a big change in Rosie's personality over the years ... unless of course, I just never watched her enough to hear the nastiness "back in the day". Deb

I have watched the View for 10 years. I wouldn't mind Rosie and Joy's rants if they allowed Elizabeth to speak. Even Barbra seems to be rude to Elizabeth. When Rosie and Joy tell her that she is wrong, it infuriates me. The show is supposed to show how everyone views a situation differently. It is supposed to provide insight.

>My memory may be faulty, and I didn't watch that much, but
>when Rosie first started her own show, wasn't she a lot nicer
>of a person? What's happened to her over the years that has
>turned her into such a nasty complaining big mouth?? I think
>there has been a big change in Rosie's personality over the
>years ... unless of course, I just never watched her enough to
>hear the nastiness "back in the day". Deb

I completely agree with you, Deb. I enjoyed Rosie's humor in the past. While she used to poke fun at people (as do most comedians), it was "good" fun. IMO she crossed a line somewhere and is now using cruelty and meanness in her attempts to get laughs. I do not think she is at all funny and see her as a big, opinionated bully. I used to occasionally watch The View, but I absolutely refuse to watch it now after seeing all the media hype over O'Donnell and her verbal attacks on other celebrities. It is uncalled for. And I am appalled at Barbara Walters and her defending and condoning Rosie's behavior on the show. Sensationalism and controversy get ratings which translates into $$$$, and IMO Walters has sold out. Very disappointing.

MissL

As I posted earlier, I've never watched the View -- it doesn't appeal to me at all, but I saw on the news last night and again this morning, that the View's ratings are tanking. They've been in a steady decline and there is speculation that ABC will fire Rosie for some offensive comments she made recently involving terrorism/terrorists/Iran.

Before Rosie's arrival, to me, The View was a major snooze fest, save the occasional obnoxious comment from Joy. Now I DVR it. I was not a huge Rosie fan before she came on The View. In fact I had some reservations before she came on the show. Now though, when Rosie's out, I miss her presence in the group.

I think it's cool she not afraid to express herself--even in the face criticism from any number of media outlets. But I do think she does sometimes talk over others and came come across as cross-examining others when they don't agree with her opinions. But frankly sometimes when Elizabeth is being deliberately obtuse I want to smack her so having Rosie do it verbally is fine with me on those occasions.

I could do without the rehashes of the Donald Trump jokes--I mean who cares about Donald Trump? The only time anyone has noticed him in the last couple of months is when he talks about Rosie.

I don't always agree with her politically--some of her conspiracy theories seem a little out there--not all of them though--but I think Rosie's cool. And as others have indicated (I think) she has an extremely charitable heart and she just strikes me as a good person. And she's so enthusiastic with the guests! She asks questions I would want to ask and she really seems to relate to the guests on a human level--she's like a big fan like you or me. I love that about her!

So surprisingly, I really like having her on the show and if they kick her off I guess I'll have more DVR room because I have no use for a Rosie-less View.

And on an unrelated note, I'm happy Starr Jones is no longer in the ensemble. She was never a favorite of mine.

I heard her ranting about some "issue" the other day, and she ended her tirade by saying, "And that is why I became an activist". LOL! I guess "activist" is her euphemism for being mean spirited and having a loud mouth!

Ok, so did y'all hear about Bill O'Reilly? He said Rosie should be fired. Now I can't stand Rosie but.... she should have freedom of speech. Furthermore, shouldn't Bill O'Reilly be fired from Fox? He is just as outspoken as Rosie! I swear if these 2 had the same political views they would be a match made in heaven or well maybe hell? Anyway just thought I'd add a little more to the Rosie fire. As much as she gets on my nerves, I gotta go on her side on this one. She should have her freedom of speech, no matter what it is!
LD

I just find it interesting how Rosie can say the things she says about different groups of people and say she has the right as an American to say them but if someone says something that offends her they should apologize. It seems very hypocritical to me. I would think both gay and liberal people would want her to shut up because she is setting a terrible example.

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Runner Girl,

Your post caught my eye and I just had to reply because this drives me crazy! LOL! Our constitutional rights, of which freedom of speech is one, are bestowed upon the citizens of the USA in order to protect us from the government. So, while Rosie has the right to speak her mind without retaliation from the government, she is not shielded from being fired by the View for saying the things she does. Same thing with the Dixie Chicks. They seem to confuse their right to free speech with a (nonexistent) right to be heard. Like I said, this just drives me batty at times!

>I just find it interesting how Rosie can say the things she
>says about different groups of people and say she has the
>right as an American to say them but if someone says something
>that offends her they should apologize.

Nicole, I find that to be quite the contradiction myself. I wonder why nobody has pointed that out to her?

Rosie has forgotten there is such a thing as manners and decorum. She says what she wants under the guise of "free speech". She should practice the Golden Rule more often.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.