Roku Users - Help Us Test Our New Roku OnDemand Channel

forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
How to Access Our New OnDemand Roku Channel

If you have a Roku device and would like to view and help us test Cathe's new OnDemand channel on it, first make sure that you have an active Cathe OnDemand subscription by going to https://cathe.com/stream/my-account/, then follow these steps:

• Go to this URL on your computer's web browser: https://owner.roku.com/add/CatheOnDemand You will be required to log in to your Roku account that you created when you first registered your device with them. After logging in, click on the link that appears to install the Cathe OnDemand channel.

• It normally takes about 24 hours for the channel to appear on your Roku, but if you'd like to speed that up, go to Settings > System > System Restart on your device—which will reboot it—after which Cathe OnDemand will appear at the bottom of your channel list.

• Launch the Cathe OnDemand app on your Roku, and you will be given a code/token to activate your device. Again, go to https://cathe.com/stream/my-account/ and enter the code at the bottom of your account page where indicated, and click on "Submit." Pay close attention to ones and capital letter I's (the ones have a serif at the top), and zeroes and capital letter O's (the zero is more oval, the O is more round).

• You should then be able to click on "Proceed" and then "Start" on your Roku, then get ready to get busy with Cathe!

About Our New Roku Channel

It's taking us a lot longer to build and launch our new OnDemand Roku channel than expected as this was extremely difficult to do. Currently, the interface for our channel on Roku is very basic. You currently have to search for videos by series names. Videos that don't have a series name will be listed under "Other" once they are uploaded. We're now going to turn our attention to finishing our online Workout Blender, but we will eventually double back and improve the interface and functionality of our Roku Channel.

Not all OnDemand videos are currently on our Roku channel, but should be in a few weeks. Once we complete adding the OnDemand videos we will then start adding the recorded Cathe Live videos to our Roku channel. Lastly, if possible we will attempt to make our live broadcasts also stream on Roku, but not sure if this is possible.

Let us know if you were successful in accessing our new channel and likewise let us know of any problems.

I successfully accessed the channel. Thank you so much for adding this feature. It's great! I just played a little bit of a few videos to test it out, and it froze pretty early into Low Max. Then the entire Roku froze after I hit a bunch of buttons, so I'm pretty sure that was my bad :). I unplugged it and tried again and it was fine.

Yipee for getting Roku going for all the users ! I don't use Roku but I know that everyone that does is doing the "Happy
Dance " I'm doing the "Happy Dance" cause the Workout Blender is closer to being launched as well...Hope you can get it
going w/n the next month, at least !:D Is that possible?

No trouble setting up and just did Xtrain bonus Shoulders. Works smoothly and I love it. Thank you for setting up a Roku channel.

I went through the process and got to the point where I enter the code on Cathe.com site. Your site said I linked everything successfully, but when I went back to my Roku and choose to proceed, it said my account was not active. I do not have an On Demand account, but a Cathe Live only account. Could this be why I couldn't access the channel? Will there be a separate channel for Cathe Live?

I went through the process and got to the point where I enter the code on Cathe.com site. Your site said I linked everything successfully, but when I went back to my Roku and choose to proceed, it said my account was not active. I do not have an On Demand account, but a Cathe Live only account. Could this be why I couldn't access the channel? Will there be a separate channel for Cathe Live?

Yes, you have to have an OnDemand account to use the Roku OnDemand Channel. Eventually we will make a separate Cathe Live Channel for Cathe Live subscribers, but for now only OnDemand subscribers can access us through Roku.

I actually recently just bought 2 Roku devices so I am very happy here! I went thru all the steps and previewed a couple of workouts and things seemed to work great for me. No issues and very easy to link the device and add the cathe channel. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Well I went to activate my other Roku and it said my account was already linked but I still can not play. Gave me a code again and the second time I plugged it in it gives me an error. Am I only able to link 1 roku?

Ok thanks for the quick reply. I switched my boxes around because the room I did the first set up is so not conducive to a workout! For me 2 would be the perfect number...one for my bedroom TV where I can preview my workout while relaxing and the other in my workout area for when I do the workout. If I am not familar with the workout I like to skim thru it beforehand. If only one then I'll just bring my waterbottle AND my Roku to my workout area. :)

No, we don't like to give out projections as they're always wrong when it comes to technical software and development problems. We're not going to work on a separate Cathe Live channel until after we complete our work on the Workout Blender.

Yes, please add the ability to link 2 Rokus, as I have two workout spaces in my house with a Roku in each one (one for weight workouts, and one for cardio).

I linked my roku yesterday. It worked flawlessly, and I had thought it would be harder to search for videos from what the email said, but it's easy. I just hope the 'others' get added soon as the one I wanted yesterday and will want today are not in a series!

Thank you for making this possible with the Roku. We had no problem setting it up.

I did Step Moves and the lips do not match sound.

I signed up for Cathe On Demand because I had read there is a Roku channel for playing videos, but when I try to add it via the link above, it says it's not available in my area (Canada.) Are there any plans to make the channel it available to users outside the USA? Roku is the only way I have to view these videos so it would seem signing up was a waste of money. I'm bummed. :(

We don't have a public Roku channel. You have to download our App. Though I can't say for sure I don't see why a person in Canada would be restricted. Did you download our App and follow our instructions?

In your first post in this thread, it's referred to as a channel. I'm not really sure what the distinction is between a channel and an app.

• Go to this URL on your computer's web browser: https://owner.roku.com/add/CatheOnDemand You will be required to log in to your Roku account that you created when you first registered your device with them. After logging in, click on the link that appears to install the Cathe OnDemand channel.

When I click that link, I'm told "We're sorry, this channel is not available in your area." I see this now and again when trying to add channels that are geoblocked (typically for US consumers only.) I imagine it's a setting the channel owner has to change somehow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.