rjroubi--I have to ask you . . .

finner

What is your routine? I just checked out your photos and you look amazing!!! Just the look I am going for. Are you a dancer?

Any diet/workout tips?

Keep you the good work. Wow.

>Very tall and slim.

LOL...Actually, I'm not very tall (5"3") and I'm the worst dancer you have ever seen!!!

I vary my fitness routine quite a bit and always include yoga and pilates which is why I may appear taller ;-) (???). I absolutely love Debbie's (fitnessfreak) Rotations (you can find them posted under the DVDs Rotation forum) and I plug in full Pilates or Yoga workouts or during the week. Debbie's rotations are always so much fun (I am currently doing her "Endurance Rotation using some Premixes")

As for diet, I vary that a lot too. Right now, it is plant-based after considerable reading:)

Robin:9

> What??? Your only 5'3", you look about 5'8"...maybe its the
>way the picture was taken.

Yep...or the shoes ....but as my grandmother always says "being short is A-okay as long as my feet continue to touch the ground." ;-)

Robin:D

I would have to say that at 46 yrs, rjroubi, WD and Carole are my models, they are my age and closer. When I hear from and see these ladies they inspire me to keep doing it....

Rhonda:7

> I think she as the look that 90% of women are looking for!:)
>She does look great.Very tall and slim.
> Lori:)

Yes she looks wonderful but I have to admit that of all the beautiful women on this forum you are my inspiration Lori. I have been a lurker for a long time and try to read & learn as much as I can. Everyone here seems wonderful and there are many role models on this board. BTW I was looking at your picturetrail and was wondering if you kept your new doo? Both look beautiful. Merry Christmas.

>I would have to say that at 46 yrs, rjroubi, WD and Carole
>are my models, they are my age and closer. When I hear from
>and see these ladies they inspire me to keep doing it....
>
>Rhonda:7

Thank you Rhonda...:)...you have been an inspiration here also...:7 :+ ...Carole

>I would have to say that at 46 yrs, rjroubi, WD and Carole
>are my models, they are my age and closer. When I hear from
>and see these ladies they inspire me to keep doing it....
>

Rhonda,
You are so much more than kind. I am still learning too;-) My best teachers ;-) are Kathryn, Carole, Sarah (Imafitnessfreak), Debbie, (Fitnessfreak366),...omg..I know I forgot so many more! My point I guess is we only learn from those who are willing to teach us.

Robin :9 ;-)

Yes, I agree, what I should have said, that it seems harder to keep it off once your metabolizm slows down. So for the 40 somethings and 50 somthings that keep their bodies looking almost 20 something, I think thats great....

Because everything seems to be going down south lol

Rhonda:7

Robin does have a knock out body! Beautiful face and spirit to match!!

I have a question on the age/slower metabolism thing...I thought the reason why the metabolism starts to slow down with age was because there is a lose of muscle over time. However, I just can't see any of the women here losing muscle mass...it has been quite the opposite. Educate me, oh wise ones!

>I have a question on the age/slower metabolism thing...I
>thought the reason why the metabolism starts to slow down with
>age was because there is a lose of muscle over time. However,
>I just can't see any of the women here losing muscle mass...it
>has been quite the opposite.

IMO, if we continue to work our muscles our metabolism doesn't necessarily have to slow down so fast with age (but again, I'm not an expert and I am only speaking from what I can observe from myself). I believe my weight hasn't changed over the years because I do work out. I tend to focus mostly on weighted workouts more than aerobics. In general, I tend only do aerobices about 2-3 times a week, but I also walk a lot. I like one body part a day rotations (Debbies) or P90X format type rotations the best (although I do believe in "mixing it up"). I think "rest days" give the muscle more time to develop and recover. For me, 45 to 80 minutes per workout is plenty. The absolute most time I will ever invest in a workout is 90 minutes and that is only if I do Pilates or Yoga X for core and relaxtion; respectively. I know others prefer to invest a lot more time, but as of yet I really haven't found the need to.

I do someday want to be able to do as many pushups as honeybunch and have a bicep half the size of Charlotte's;) Ah....with practice....maybe next year:)

Robin:9

There are also hormonal issues that come in to play as well as genetics. We are all different...something that gets lost on these boards a lot!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.