Ripped/Hiit is really hard for me ...

cocob1

Cathlete
I am embarrassed to admit this but this latest series is really hard for me to keep up with. I can't do the RHiit cardio with another add on cardio from another series to make the workout about an hour. I barely survive the RHiit cardio and the stretch - let alone adding on anything else.
I can get through the Ripped weight work and the core ok but the Ripped Cardio/Plyo/Circuit is killing me unless I take at least two days off. ).This series is making me question my fitness. I did have the flu in late Dec. early Jan but I've never taken this long to get back in the swing! I can't seem to build up to doing 4 straight days let alone 5 or 6.
I am really tired all the time (not counting the good DOMS) and wonder if I should scrap doing the January rotation and do a different one with the RHiit added in. I'm now supposed to be doing the end of week 3 and I'm dreading my workouts instead of looking forward to them. This has never happened before.
I know "Godessess" never age but I'm really feeling my 61 years and wonder what to do. I don't want to give up my Cathe but I can't keep up with her or the gals in the RHiit series and I feel left behind in the dust.
Did I answer my own questions with taking a longer rotation with RHiit mixed in less frequently? What advice do you have Cathe? I feel as if I have wandered into a new territory and need some guidance. When you say listen to your body I take it to heart because when STS first came out I didn't listen and had a serious injury. This time I'm hearing my body say rest!!!

cocob1 - that's what I felt when I started the thread ' they mount up'! Going rwh 6 days a week is exhausting! I did the rwh scrambled, then went on to rwh&XTrain - that felt much easier! The moment you resent having to do a workout, do something else! (and I'm only in my 40's)

I had a feeling that I had to do a rotation that was a mix of Ripped with other workouts. I just don't trust myself to make a balanced rotation and I need something to follow. I was wondering if it was better to just hang in there and keep building up with the Ripped (but it'll be who knows when if I ever get there) or if I was doing some harm burning out trying. Heaven bless those who can do them though. I stand in awe.

Hi cocob1,
Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm advanced and find those plyo workouts intense. I can do more than one workout but it's not necessary so don't feel that you need to do any add ons even it it's written into the rotation. Remember it's the intensity of the workout that's important, not the duration. Take extra days off and lengthen the rotation to 6 weeks instead of 4 if you have to, there's nothing wrong with that. Lighten the weights during the circuits so you're not as winded and exhausted before the next exercise starts and keep your step height at 6" instead 8". If there's a workout you don't particularly like, swap in another one that's similar - that's what I do. I happen to have a bit of exercise ADD so plan to intermittently add in body beast for the weight workouts then no dread factor or boredom :)
Take care,
Jamie

I am embarrassed to admit this but this latest series is really hard for me to keep up with. I can't do the RHiit cardio with another add on cardio from another series to make the workout about an hour. I barely survive the RHiit cardio and the stretch - let alone adding on anything else.
I can get through the Ripped weight work and the core ok but the Ripped Cardio/Plyo/Circuit is killing me unless I take at least two days off. ).This series is making me question my fitness. I did have the flu in late Dec. early Jan but I've never taken this long to get back in the swing! I can't seem to build up to doing 4 straight days let alone 5 or 6.
I am really tired all the time (not counting the good DOMS) and wonder if I should scrap doing the January rotation and do a different one with the RHiit added in. I'm now supposed to be doing the end of week 3 and I'm dreading my workouts instead of looking forward to them. This has never happened before.
I know "Godessess" never age but I'm really feeling my 61 years and wonder what to do. I don't want to give up my Cathe but I can't keep up with her or the gals in the RHiit series and I feel left behind in the dust.
Did I answer my own questions with taking a longer rotation with RHiit mixed in less frequently? What advice do you have Cathe? I feel as if I have wandered into a new territory and need some guidance. When you say listen to your body I take it to heart because when STS first came out I didn't listen and had a serious injury. This time I'm hearing my body say rest!!!

I didn't listen to my body, had a hip fracture several years ago, went full blast (excuse the pun) on the RWH Plyo and the next day seriously began to wonder if I had fractured my hip again! So I put that disc away to recover continuing with the low impact and rest of the series. It took about a week to feel better....Now I am on the RWH & LIS rotation having recovered and don't hurt (BTW I am 67), actually find I am doing better on the LIS than when I started it (!), I get a good workout, heart rate up. I've found it's really important to modify the program to your situation to avoid injury.

Sharon

I'm going to look at the RWH with Xtrain or LIS rotation and see how that goes. I can see major gains in cardio fitness from just a month of RWH even with the extra rest and yoga days and my body is toning up like it's never done before but I am wiped out. Need to put a bit of fun factor back in.
Sharon so happy to hear you are a Cathelete as well.

I think the whole goal of this series is to get in quick, work out HARD, and be done. I think that's why there are no cast intros and shorter stretches on the premixes. For me, I have stopped trying to match Cathe's weights. For example, in X10 I can not do the first weight exercise on the step with a 15 pound dumbbell . Yesterday I used a 10 for the first time. I do not want to hurt my shoulder again! Don't feel bad about being tired from the new series. It's tough and intense! Try to have fun again. Mix in days of RWH with workouts you know well and enjoy. Eventually, you'll get better and be able to do them more often without getting too tired!

Beth

I am finishing up week 4 of the January rotation (lots of rest days) but I'm getting better and then I'm going to do something with RWH just in the mix. And I'm with you on trying to match Cathe's weight. She is amazing. I have to go down.

Just confirming here that RWH is tough! I thought I was in top fighting form until I did the RWH workouts! I was on antibiotics when I got the series, so I thought that was the issue. They are easier now that I'm not on antibiotics, but definitely still very tough! These week I did all RWH and by today I was fried! I did LBC and thought I was going to die! I am 59 and consider myself very fit. These workouts are no joke! LOVE them all though! I think some of the last series, the ones with Great Glutes and LL and Abs were pretty intermediate, so RWH has definitely stepped it up a notch.....or 10!;)

Hi cocob1,
RWH is a tough series! I applaud you for getting to week 4 of the January rotation. This series really requires you to get plenty of rest at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep, eating quality food and drinking plenty of water. This truly helps in the recovery process and if you have to take more rest days than let it be.

You mentioned you already have seen fitness gains which is what you want and as Cathe told me - it's a work in progress.
Just keep moving!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.