Riding the X-Train into Summer! Join me! ❤

I start Week 5 tomorrow. I am really enjoying this rotation. I've never done an "official X-train rotation", only piece-mealed the workouts into my own rotations. I've avoided some of the workouts in the past, like Cardio Leg Blast - what a workout! According to my fitbit, my heart rate is highest on this workout - more so than Hardstrikes or AOLIH. I have been adjusting the rotation to put the Core, Rear Delts and some HRC into some of the shorter workouts and not with the Leg workouts; I also added Ride in place of Hardstrikes or AOLIH a couple of times or put those on Bi/Tri days so I could add a longer cardio on another day. This week starts Tabatacise (another workout I've avoided in the past), and SuperCuts ... we'll see how it goes. So far, no dread-factor and no boredom - Cathe did a great job with this series.
Deb! So glad to see you here! Nice work! I have replaced Hardstrikes for Ride or other cardio as well. I love kickboxing but I think I have only done it once and I have been at this rotation for like 7 weeks!

Still at it kids! Although today's workout was cancelled due to a pulled back! I have been adding some Peloton workouts to the rotation and I used a bike my father in law gave me (like, a nice spin bike!) But I think I was peddling weird and favoring my right leg, so my right side ended up being pulled!
:(. I should be good for tomorrow. I must say I'm really having some fun with Super Cuts! Although, I did the extreme mix with Core 2 and I wanted to die! Haha! That is not for the faint of heart! So Legs premix 3 it is for tomorrow!

So if I followed the rotation correctly, I did Burn Sets Chest Back Shoulders on Monday after not having done it since the first week of the rotation.... how motivating ... I used heavier weights than I did that week and it felt good ... really helps with motivation to see results in a month! Yesterday was Cardio Leg Blast again - seemed harder but then I just did it on Friday so not much time between workouts, but then again, it is one of the more difficult ones for me in terms of cardio. Today is Bi's & Tri's and I'll throw AOLIH into the mix too.

Penny, hope your back is healing up ok ... Peloton ... whooo whoo! Go girl!

today's workout was cancelled due to a pulled back!
So sorry to hear about your back, Penny. Hopefully you're 'back' at it soon. No justice in getting injured when you are working so HARD to stay healthy and fit.

having some fun with Super Cuts! Although, I did the extreme mix with Core 2 and I wanted to die!
WHOA!!! I am just going to have to give that a try when Super Cuts comes up in the rotation (I think that is next week for me).

how motivating ... I used heavier weights than I did that week and it felt good ... really helps with motivation to see results in a month! Yesterday was Cardio Leg Blast again - seemed harder but then I just did it on Friday so not much time between workouts, but then again, it is one of the more difficult ones for me in terms of cardio.
Totally agree, Debinmi! I find XTrain to really bring on results in both cardio and strength, and in so little time! :) Glad you're finding the same. And YES, Cardio Leg Blast is wickedly tough! (Gasp! :po_O). That's on my schedule for today in week 4 and so am only combining it with a walk and some stretching. Sweat fest here I come!

Hey ladies! Everyone sounds like they're cruising right along! So I believe I am in week 8 (2 months! Holy cow!). I must say, I'm starting to get tired of seeing the same outfits again and again...and I think I have all of Cathe's lines memorized! Haha! But once I start something I finish it, so here we are! I'm still doing well, but pretty much hitting a plateau as far as strength is concerned, which is okay by me. Trying to change out the cardio def helps.
So...I'm already planning on my next rotation. What do you girls think after this? I was planning on beginning Cathe's new series, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen, so I'm thinking either RWH or ICE. Have either of you done these rotations? I'm kinda leaning towards ICE bc I just feel like I need a break from intensity...but then I think I'm not getting up early and going to work, and I'm not stressed out at all, so maybe I should take advantage of this and go for the intensity of RWH. Oh, I just don't know!!! Help me!! Haha!

I'm thinking either RWH or ICE. Have either of you done these rotations? I'm kinda leaning towards ICE bc I just feel like I need a break from intensity...but then I think I'm not getting up early and going to work, and I'm not stressed out at all, so maybe I should take advantage of this and go for the intensity of RWH. Oh, I just don't know!!! Help me!! Haha!
Both are great series for sure. I like the Blizzard Blasts with ICE and I like the cardio results with RWH. Why not do a combo of both? In the ICE User Guide is a rotation that uses both ICE and RWH!

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been sorta MIA. I finished up my 8th week of the 90 Day rotation. I have a sore back, knee, and ankle, so I am taking this week to just do some walking to recoup. I think I've been overdoing it just a bit bc...COVID. After this week, I think I will reassess whether or not I will continue with the Xtrain series. Tbh, I think I'm just getting bored with the same strength training workouts. With STS it was easy bc you had fresh new workouts/outfits each month, so I am struggling to feel excited about continuing for another month. I think I will do ICE next. I'm thinking ICE Level 2 first, then Level 3, and then (as Jane suggested!) I will incorporate some RWH workouts. That should keep me excited! I just so miss metabolic and bootcamp workouts! I miss PHA too! So rather than force it, I 'll prob change some things up instead! Press on Catheletes!

I finally made it to XTrain. Tomorrow I start week 2. One week under my belt. LOVE the LEG workout with the barre! One of my favorites.
How is everyone doing??

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been sorta MIA. I finished up my 8th week of the 90 Day rotation. I have a sore back, knee, and ankle, so I am taking this week to just do some walking to recoup. I think I've been overdoing it just a bit bc...COVID. After this week, I think I will reassess whether or not I will continue with the Xtrain series. Tbh, I think I'm just getting bored with the same strength training workouts. With STS it was easy bc you had fresh new workouts/outfits each month, so I am struggling to feel excited about continuing for another month. I think I will do ICE next. I'm thinking ICE Level 2 first, then Level 3, and then (as Jane suggested!) I will incorporate some RWH workouts. That should keep me excited! I just so miss metabolic and bootcamp workouts! I miss PHA too! So rather than force it, I 'll prob change some things up instead! Press on Catheletes!
Hey, Penny! And that's exactly what you should do if you are bored! Change it up.
Not sure I will get through all 12 weeks since week 2 is about the same as week 1. I'll see as i go along. May do every other week if they are a lot alike. I like variety so I don't get bored.

Oh Penny - hope your sore back, knee and ankle heal quickly! Good for you to take a week to tone things down a little. Always good to listen to the body.

Completing 2 full months of XTrain is a great accomplishment!! You can feel great about that whether you continue on or not. And either way you'll still be active and taking care of your health -whether via XTrain or ICE so it's all good. I feel that motivation and fun should always be the deciding factor.

Do you find that Supercuts just doesn't cut it as a metabolic workout? I do Supercuts for the first time tomorrow and am hoping it will fit the metabolic bill for me. Love to get in workouts that make me sweat and help work on changing the body composition! :p But I am nervous - I know it is a toughie!

I finally made it to XTrain. Tomorrow I start week 2. One week under my belt. LOVE the LEG workout with the barre! One of my favorites.
How is everyone doing??
Hey welcome aboard the XTrain Nicki! Good for you! I love the Leg workout too - a little bit of everything in that one! Hits the legs in so many ways and from so many angles. I am finding it has helped me to tone up the lower body for sure.

I am finishing up week 6 tomorrow, so half way through! Feeling good and I am really enjoying it so far. Love that it has upped the number of cardio workouts I do per week. And I am gradually adding a little more weight so that is rewarding.

I find that I need to do some shoulder and calf stretches after Hard Strikes as the stretch segment in that program omits stretches for those hard worked areas. But otherwise, there is a nice balance in this rotation. I supplement with some needed outdoor walks by the water, teaching two classes per week and some relaxing stretching now and then. Now to just reign in my eating and I'll be all set! o_O;):oops:

Hey welcome aboard the XTrain Nicki! Good for you! I love the Leg workout too - a little bit of everything in that one! Hits the legs in so many ways and from so many angles. I am finding it has helped me to tone up the lower body for sure.

I am finishing up week 6 tomorrow, so half way through! Feeling good and I am really enjoying it so far. Love that it has upped the number of cardio workouts I do per week. And I am gradually adding a little more weight so that is rewarding.

I find that I need to do some shoulder and calf stretches after Hard Strikes as the stretch segment in that program omits stretches for those hard worked areas. But otherwise, there is a nice balance in this rotation. I supplement with some needed outdoor walks by the water, teaching two classes per week and some relaxing stretching now and then. Now to just reign in my eating and I'll be all set! o_O;):oops:
Hey girl! So good to hear from you! I love Hard Strikes! Like you, I supplement my XTrain with additional stretching, yoga and abs. I walk almost daily with my neighbor and that gets a few more miles in. My gym is reopening tomorrow, but I think I will give it at least a month before I go back and I will continue with XTrain.
:);):D:cool:
Stay safe.

Hey everyone, just doing a check-in. I'm in the middle of Week 8 of the 90-day undulating rotation. I've really been enjoying this but have made some substitutions. Last weeks' Legs day didn't seem to have the same umph for me so this week I substituted ICE CLB - fun to mix things up - guess I kind of missed Cardio Leg Blast (it's on the schedule for next week). I don't find Super Cuts as challenging overall as other Metabolic workouts, however, last week I increased the weights used and substituted mountain climbers for the sit-outs and kick-outs which I find difficult due to shoulder issues and the mountain climbers increased the cardio aspect and made it seem more metabolic. I'll do it again this week, and then may find myself substituting other metabolic dvds in the final month. I also substitute other kickbox workouts because I have so many and enjoy rotating through them. I'm still doing all the UB workouts as listed, and have not tired of them yet and increase my weights as I can - helps to keep it challenging and interesting. I add in some of the bonuses and challenges when time permits. I was a little afraid of Tabatacize but actually enjoy it - I do substitute some lower impact moves however. I think my shoulders have changed somewhat, in both strength and in shape - as Cathe says "you're only as strong as your weakest link" and shoulders have always been a weak link for me. I used to just "get it over with" when doing shoulder exercises, but now pay more attention to form and have been able to increase my weights. My shoulders seem to look more square in the mirror than the rounded appearance they've always had ... I'm a bit surprised - always thought it was hereditary .... my family are all readers, most of us are/were "desk" workers and we all have rounded shoulders. I rather like the new look.

Penny, I think it's wise that you listened to your body and took a recovery week. In STS Cathe promotes an active recovery week every month between meso-cycles. I was a little surprised she didn't in the XTrain rotation, but kind-of thought it was due to the complaints some Cathletes had about that recovery week. But after each recovery week, I thought I was stronger and more prepared for the coming challenges. So I'll take a cue from your playbook and if I find my body complaining, I'll do an active recovery week too.

Hope everyone stays healthy and "keeps on X-training" as Cathe says at the end of the workouts - at least in some fashion. :p Deb

I'm in the middle of Week 8 of the 90-day undulating rotation.
Hey, Debinmi, I am now in the middle of week 8 myself. Love how you substituted a similar workout when you needed the variety and/or challenge. Great way to keep 'er going week after week. I am thinking of branching into some substitutions myself, beginning next week. Like you said, Debinmi, subs are easy to do for the cardio and metabolic workouts.

I am still having fun, so that is the main thing. Did Legs last night and couldn't believe how I sweat just doing leg lifts, basically. o_O

Hope you are all doing well and hangin' in there!

Hello all! It's been a while since I've posted. I had a leg injury and am just now able to work out again after two weeks. I am just starting week 3 for XTrain. Ready to go!!!

Hi,

Nickisteen, sorry to hear of your injury yet it sounds like your enthusiasm will see you through. I'm in Week 11 & have been surprised and pleased with the strength gains ... I think this undulating approach works better for me than the linear periodization of STS. Yesterday, I thought I was going to miss this series once completed, then I started getting a little irritated with Cathy's "chatter" & started sets without her, then realized that it's probably good I only have these last 2 weeks .. hee hee. My "hot & sweaty summer" rotation starts in July and I'm looking forward to the 2- month variety smorgasbord utilizing bits & pieces of just about every series from the last decade. I'm thinking of doing STS in an undulating manner next January.

Jane, how're you doing ... still hanging in there? I enjoy your positive posts.

Deb

Whoo Whoo (the sound of a train arriving into station) .... The X-Train has arrived in "Summer" station for me! I officially completed the 90-day undulating rotation today! What a trip it has been! My strength has improved for upper body, my shoulders have a much better shape, I think my quads are more streamlined and I think my cardio endurance has improved also. I no longer dread jumping jacks and plyo-jacks (air-jacks are another story ;) ). SuperCuts took me back 50 years to my high school gym class with Cathe sounding like my gym teacher barking out orders to "flip" while doing sit-ups and push-ups -- brought back fond memories of the challenges I felt then o_O .

Next week is a "recovery week" using the LITE series. I really enjoyed the X-Train series and plan to include the HiIT cardios in my July/August summer rotation as they are shorter and will keep my cardio up because of the intenstity. I'll be switching up the weight workouts to a 2-day split with either a metabolic weight workout or total body workout as the third weight day, and then one "wild-card" day. X-Train was great for a build-up to summer! I'm looking forward to the Perfect 30 series - and am hoping it will be available in September, but I realize it may be later and tentatively have schedule a 30-day FitSplit September rotation figuring the Perfect 30 will be easy to substitute in.

Jane and Nicki, (and any others on board) I hope you are doing well and also enjoying your trip on the "X-Train"!

Congrats Debinmi!!!:D Awesome work and awesome results!! Way to go! You certainly stayed the course and reaped the benefits you worked for. Good luck with your "Hot & Sweaty summer rotation". Is that a rotation you have put together or is it in the Workout Manager? It sounds like a perfect follow up.

Nicki, good for you for getting back on track. You are a warrior and have such positive persistence. So sorry to hear about your leg injury. Sounds like you have recovered which is great.

I got a little behind lately. I am finishing week 10 today and looking forward to these final 2 weeks when the results come together. Have been doing some hiking (old growth forest!), lots of long walks with hubby and teaching some classes on zoom, so just didn't fit in as many Cathe workouts this past week or so. But I missed it! But had a great massage today (worked out some kinks in the rotator cuff / traps) and have tweaked my schedule so I am back on the XTrain heading to the station!

Hey! It's been a while since I've posted. I'm continuing with XTrain but combining it with Hardcore Series - Gym Style! Love those workouts and the abs and stretching. I was so sore the first week I added these back in. Perfect complement to the XTrain weights, especially the legs! Love it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.