Rhythmic Step, Step Blast, Step Heat or Step Fit?

Hello,

I decided to treat myself to a few step downloads. Just wondering if someone would be able to place them in order of difficulty for me? I'm mainly referring to choreography.

I'm thinking, from easiest to most difficult would be:
Step Heat
Step Fit
Step Blast
Rhythmic Step

Am I close? :)

Thank you in advance!

Kristi

I would say the order you have them now are easiest to hardest. I'm a little undecided though between step blast and rythmic step. I would say they are just about equal.

Hello,

"I'm thinking, from easiest to most difficult would be:
Step Heat
Step Fit
Step Blast
Rhythmic Step

Totally agree.

Step Heat is very basic though. Unless you are a beginner, it isn't going to do much for your fitness levels. It's slow to develop and very repetitive. It's an early DVD and things have changed a lot since then!

Step Fit is an intermediate workout. Better moves, better music than SH.

Step Blast is the best of the bunch: better cardiovascular workout because it has blasts in addition to the routines; better music; more accomplished all round. Plain fun to do every time.

RS is an old fave. I love it, but the music is not quite so good as SB. It's a sold, steady state step workout and quite honestly, the choreography is way easier than all of Cathe's recent low impact step routines put out in the last 3 years. Way more fun and more interesting than those low impact ones too. It is mixed impact.

If I were buying these workouts now, I would only get SB and RS. Powermax and the step workout that came out after it (filmed at same time as the first Body Max?) are both better than the first two on your list, and both are worth getting. Athletic step, not dancy. The hey day of athletic Cathe step.

Clare

I think Step Blast's choreography is more difficult than Rhythmic Step. Other than that, I agree w/the order in which you have them.

Actually, I enjoy Step Heat and Step Fit, and they are easy to modify to low impact, if necessary. There are days when an workout like Step Heat is perfect.

I vote for getting all four.

Last edited:
Thank you

Thank you so much for your help!! I guess I should have phrased my question better...I already purchased the downloads...I just wanted to clarify which workout to start with. Once my breakfast digests, I shall start with Step Heat. Hopefully some of the moves that I learn in Step Heat and Step Fit will make the choreography easier to learn in RS and SB down the road? Fingers crossed :)

Hi there,

Actually I already have Low Max. So far, I'm only able to complete the step-only portion...after that I'm pretty pooped :). I also ordered Body Max 2 so I can choose the step premix. Currently I have and LOVE Low Impact Step and Low Impact Circuit. I've only started exercising this summer and I'm 45 yrs old. I'm afraid the IMAX may kill me :). Further suggestions are appreciated!!
Kristi

I agree with Kristi. Try Basic Step and Body Fusion. Those are excellent starter step videos. Plus they are considered 'Intermediate' where you can add intensity by jumping or step height.

Hee hee...Kristi is me...I sent 2 replies in a row :). I've mastered basic step, body fusion and LIS. I watched my Athletic Step download tonight and I think I can manage the choreography except the cork turn (?sp). Now that part looks tricky...for me anyway.
Kristi

Kristi, when you are ready for one of the IMAX workouts, IMAX1 (the original and my favorite) has the easiest choreography of the three IMAXes. In addition, Cathe gives modifications for the blasts and a few times, one of the crew (Hope) ends up doing the modification.

Thank you Swimmer. I will give it a try. I've ordered Body Max 2, Cardio Fusion and Party Rockin' Step 2. I'm turning into a DVD-buying maniac :) Thank you again for your recommendation!
Kristi

Thank you Swimmer. I will give it a try. I've ordered Body Max 2, Cardio Fusion and Party Rockin' Step 2. I'm turning into a DVD-buying maniac :) Thank you again for your recommendation!
Kristi

Your dvd buying is hard to stop once you start. I started with Cathe in 2005 (I think) with KPC and Cardio and Weights. I now have all of her dvds except STS series, Cross train express series, & Pure stength series. I love having the variety. Cathe is very addictive!!!!

Your dvd buying is hard to stop once you start. I started with Cathe in 2005 (I think) with KPC and Cardio and Weights. I now have all of her dvds except STS series, Cross train express series, & Pure stength series. I love having the variety. Cathe is very addictive!!!!

This is very true. I didn't stop until I had them all.

Hey Kristi, good for you!! My humble advice.....stay with it and do what you can. Modify when needed so that when you complete a workout it is an incredible feeling of accomplishment! Eventually you can do those more advanced parts of a workout segment by segment. Baby steps to start so it becomes a part of your regular life. I have been working out for 20 years and Cathe still kicks my a#$. Make NO mistake....she is tough and you will work, work, work! But....Cathe has the knowledge and expertise to change your body! Take time off when needed but don't stay away too long.....it IS worth it. The Low impact series is excellent! Start with the intermediate level workouts and grow from there. The forums are filled with knowledgable folks who love to workout and help each other! Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Hi TLC,

Thank you for your words of encouragement and wonderful advice ("baby steps"). I'm so impressed that you've been working out for 20+ years! I hope I can stay motivated like you! Fortunately, I find Cathe's step DVD's to be lots of fun. I have an elliptical and a treadmill that have been very lonely in the basement for many years. Too repetitive for me. Step DVD's engage your mind and body.

Currently I am rotating with Low Impact Step, Body Fusion, Low Impact Circuit and Low Max with step-only premix. I did try Low Impact Challange however I found the choreography too difficult. I also tried Step Moves but I don't think I'll ever figure out the choreography on that one :) I also enjoy Mission Possible and Cardio Collectibles by Christi Taylor. Perhaps one day I'll try Christi's Pure Spice Cinnamon DVD...I think it would be tricky to complete with no verbal cues, but people really seem to enjoy it.

Do you have a favorite DVD from the many that you must own?

Kristi

Hey Kristi! Hhmmmmm, my favorite? That's a very difficult choice honestly! I guess it depends on what I want to work on, how much energy I have or how much time I have. I'm super excited that you got Body Max 2! Its an awesome workout that's really versatile. The step moves are not hard to catch on to, the weight work is worthwhile and it has chapters and premixes. If you love step you are def in the right place! Cathe is the Queen with step.

I suggest you take some time watching clips of her workouts and create a wish list, check the "daily deal" and purchase when you can. I like her metabolic wkouts too, like "cardio supersets", "athletic training" and "afterburn" from her low impact series, its cardio and weights that get the heart rate up and the sweat flying. They move fast so you don't have time for the dread factor creeping in.

Other good ones are "kick, punch and crunch & legs and glutes", "step, jump and pump & step blast". "Imax 2 & cardio and weights" "Cross train express" is 2 dvds with numerous workouts that are all less than 1 hour. Honestly there are many great worouts!

Its kind of funny.......I DO have many dvds and I can only pick a few that I don't love. They are all really decent workouts that will push you to the next level and your body will absolutely respond. I have been doing a bit of kickboxing lately and man oh man I feel it in my abs/core and upperbody! So....I have many Cathe faves and she has many excellent step workouts for you too! If you're not sure about a workout just come to the forum. I have found great advice and breakdowns of the workouts here. Let us know how you are doing and don't be shy to report your success!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.