Reviews of music on new series?

Winter

Cathlete
Hi anyone have comments on the music. I have read BC and KB were techno sounding.

I did like all the songs in the last series which is such a driver for me so hoping the songs on the new series are equally as good.

Thanks

Well, IMO, I like the music in this series much better than the last one because I didn't like the Top 40 she used in the last series, and it was quite loud to boot! The music on both discs is techno stuff I haven't heard before. I think you'll like it, but it's not like her last series.

I’ve only done k’boxing, but I loved the music…it is a dance/techno beat…most of it I did not recognize (until one song at the end of KB ~ this particular one is on another DVD in a previous series -- can’t remember which)…Overall, it’s music that absolutely gets you PUMPED!!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wavesmile.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

I LOVE the music used in Lower Intensity Step (liked it in preview and when doing it today). The music and choreography fit...both are fresh, fun, and happy for lack of a better word. It seems like Cathe really thought out how the music and choreography would fit perfectly together. It's almost like she picked out the music to go with the choregoraphy or she made up the choreography to go with the music. The music from kickbox I personally think is quite terrible. It seems like someone hit play on a bunch of recycled music (from past workouts) and started kickboxing to it. During preview, the music was not motivating at all. For example, there is one part where there is a lot of powerful kicking and the driving beat didn't come in until after the kicking sequence. I've only previewed this one once but my initial reaction is bleh regarding the music. I don't feel as strongly one way or the other about the music from Higher Intensity Step (I think I kind of like it upon preview) or Boot Camp (don't really love it or hate it upon preview).
Angela

I love the music from Cathe's last DVD series and I like the music on the new series.

They are different, but I like both equally.

I think it is nice to have variety in workout music. I love remixes and club techno music!

I seem to recall Cathe or SNM posting something about having a limited variety of songs to choose from b/c of licensing rights and all that, so we do have to keep that in mind.

Though I'm happy with the music (and everything about the 4DS!!!) the beauty of it is you can always select the music off option and play your own jams!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.