Review: Tracey Staehle's Steady State Step

SRP

Cathlete
I'm sitting here wondering why on earth I waited so long to buy Steady State Step. This is the most pure fun I've had with a step workout in a long time!

I'll admit that one reason I didn't buy it before was because I thought it wouldn't be challenging enough, cardiovascularly. I wanted hard, I wanted to sweat, that sort of thing. But I also couldn't do the really tough stuff - all that "Insanity" sort of work. Then fairly recently I finally reached a point where I knew I had to back off even more, because I just kept on re-injuring myself. So I started reconsidering my workouts, etc., and decided I needed something new. Enter Steady State Step.

I just can't say enough good about this routine. Tracey and the girls are having fun, and I love that. The choreography is great, it flows seamlessly, and it's a brand-new style for me. The music is wonderful. It gets me in the mood to move! And last but definitely not least - the intensity level is absolutely perfect for me. It gets my heart rate up, and there is plenty of jumping and moving all over the place. When I'm finished, I feel good - thoroughly worked out, but not worn out or overworked.

I'm going to do it tonight after work, and I've been looking forward to it since I got up this morning!

I always finish this one with a smile on my face! Like you said, pure fun! Not too difficult to pick up and great music.

Marcy

LOOOOOOOOOVE this workout! So much fun, & Tracey's personality really shines through. This is one of my favorites! :)

I just purchase this one (Steady State Step), along with Yoga Solutions and Cardio Kickbox Challenge! Tracey has a sale going on 9.99/DVD with a $2.50 flat rate shipping charge, so I couldn't pass it up!
http://www.fitbytracey.com/dvds.htm

I have never purchased/done one of her workouts and I hope I like it! I'm looking forward to them!

I wonder if anyone here can comment on her style. The only instructors that I know well are Cathe and Amy Bento(I like them both!!!).
Also any comments about the other 2 DVD's that I purchased(Yoga Solutions and Cardio Kickbox Challenge)?

Thank you in advance for your comments!

Geez Linda,

Did you have to include the link AND the $9.99 price tag.

(Wanders off to get credit card);)

Here's another Melissa that had to wander off and get her credit card after seeing this post...:p

Thanks for sharing, Shannon!!! I previewed this and it looks like so much fun. Can't wait to get it!

To both Melissa's:

Glad or sorry I have enabled you (guess that depends on how you look at it!)

Mine was already shipped yesterday, and I'm excited to try the 3 I ordered. I guess since Cathe doesn't have anything new, I was still in the mindset to get something new; this is a good investment! I haven't tried Tracey's workouts before, so these 3 seem like a good cross section of workouts.

She sent me a personal email, too -- she is so sweet!

I just purchase this one (Steady State Step), along with Yoga Solutions and Cardio Kickbox Challenge! Tracey has a sale going on 9.99/DVD with a $2.50 flat rate shipping charge, so I couldn't pass it up!

Linda- I've been thinking about this since this was posted....the sale is still on and I finally gave in! I ordered several of them (can't go wrong for the price!!)
Like so many other Cathletes, I find this forum to be a very expensive past-time! (Although, for those of us who keep running for our credit cards, consider this; according to a study from George Washington University-quoted in "Oxygen" last month, the annual cost of obesity is $8,365!!!!)

It's not Tracey, or Rebecca:p enablers be darned, but didn't I go and order a new step, okay it's not new, new, just new to me.

I confess Christi Taylor Fantastic Four....I swear I'm not coming here anymore, after I get this.

It's just what I'm into at the moment.:)

Last edited:

Linda- I've been thinking about this since this was posted....the sale is still on and I finally gave in! I ordered several of them (can't go wrong for the price!!)
Like so many other Cathletes, I find this forum to be a very expensive past-time! (Although, for those of us who keep running for our credit cards, consider this; according to a study from George Washington University-quoted in "Oxygen" last month, the annual cost of obesity is $8,365!!!!)

uh,oh Laura! Which ones did you get? I did get mine, and I'm working on learning Steady State Step. I just posted on FB under my WM that I have a hard time learning new instructors(this being one of them). I'll post an update on FB everytime I do a workout and you can see my progress! Why don't you synch up so the Workout Manager will update FB, too('coz I know you are on FB and I will cheer you on!)

Also, I like your quote. These exercise DVD's are an insurance policy on our health! So, you could either spend the money on exercise DVDs/cute clothes/new equipment and look pretty good, -or- you could spend it on medications for heart and weight related problems. The choice is yours! On the other hand, one needs to be mindful of pushing too hard and not hurt themselves...:).

Also, I do like learning new step choreography (Cathe and others), because that also exercises my brain and body coordination. Like I just mentioned, I find it hard to learn step from new instructors. When I first started with Cathe, I had a tough time with Low Max! Now, I pick her stuff up in a day! Then I tried Amy Bento and had a very tough time with learning her stuff(I like to give myself 1 week to learn her stuff), but can now learn her stuff in about 3 days. So, Tracey is my next challege! Good luck with your purchases, Laura!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.