retaining endurance level?

M

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I'm going to start a muscle-building program (the November rotation looks great). I'm concerned that my endurance level will suffer. Is that something that you just have to accept and then work on bringing it back up when the program is over? I'm not a happy camper when I can't get all the plie jacks in Imax3!

Thanks,
Linda

Oh and thanks so much for the new DVDs. You just amaze me with your ability to come up with new ideas/moves. It makes it so much fun. I'm anxious to really learn and use them!

Hi Linda! You get the best overall fitness results by challenging your body with varied workouts. The body works extra hard doing programs/workouts that do not allow you to go in automatic pilot mode. Yes, you may feel just slightly more winded going back to your more endurance based workouts for just the first or second workout, but after that your energizer bunny will kick right back in. Best of all, you might just be surprised at how much stronger you are overall.

Thanks Cathe! You know, I never really looked at it that way before. Thanks for the eye-opener!

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.