Rest for Sore Muscles

callie_d

I just finished Leaner Legs and my legs are so sore I can barely walk. How long do I need to rest before working out again? Is it safe to do a step routine when my legs are so sore?

You should rest your muscles for at least 48 hours.

I think it's OK to do a step routine--personally when I feel really sore the day after a tough leg workout a step workout helps warm up & loosen my muscles somewhat. Just do one of the lighter routines--I would not recommend one of the MI tapes or Step Blast at this point.:)

Callie,
You just gave me something to look forward to. Leaner legs is on the sched. for me tomorrow-can't wait to not be able to walk. The good news is I have a massage sched at 12:30!!

Catherine

I've been putting this one off too long. I guess I'll have to do it tomorrow too. I can't wait to not be able to walk Friday!!!:7

Warming your muscles by doing a light workout or just walking briskly will remove some of the lactic acid buildup in your muscles. Lactic produces the sore feeling.

Drinking Cytomax or Metabol just after a workout will also help. If you are building fitness and not trying to lose weight, these products help "beat the burn" and allow you to recover more quickly.
Melissa

Had my first massage EVER last week. How do you guys feel about getting "naked" for the rub down? Found myself being worried about whether or not the masseus (sp?) noticed my cellulite in the glutes or what! Sure worked to relieve the tightness I have been feeling in my low backarea though from pushing my body so hard at the age of 37. What are your thoughts on massage? How often, is it a good training tool etc??? Inquiring minds want to know!

Momincharge, (I LOVE your username)

I am in the process of getting licensed for Massage Therapy and I just want you to know that that person probably isn't even thinking about your body in those terms. For most, the focus is totally on if you are achieving the goal of the client, (Is it strong enough? Am I achieving what it is you came here for?)

The nudity just becomes sort of part of the job, such as a doctor might view nudity. It's just not a sexually stimulating thing, (for MOST, can't speak to all.) I have yet to meet someone that saw it that way. Even when I practice on my husband, I rarely think of anything but his muscles and bones.

I think massage is wonderful for soreness, it gets the lymph and blood circulating which in turn speeds recovery.

If I had the time and money I'd get one weekly.
:)

I'd say if you're at the point where you make Cathe part of your regular routine, you most likely look pretty darn good.:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.