Reign Over Me

nancy324

Cathlete
I'm tempted to watch Reign Over Me tonight while my DH is out on a night time see-the-Christmas-lights bike ride. He had (and probably still has) 9/11 post-traumatic stress disorder and can't watch movies on this topic. But Adam Sandler? Gosh, I don't strongly dislike many actors, but I REALLY don't appreciate anything Adam Sandler has ever done. Should I see it? Thanks for any opinions.

I haven't seen Reign Over Me and have no desire to do so. When my DH is out of town on business, I do something for myself like having a Jane Austen movie fest...Pride and Prejudice(especially the A&E version with Colin Firth), Emma, and Sense and Sensibility. My DH detests these type of "Chick Flicks" and I love them.
Since you are having back pain right now, I suggest a movie that is a pleasant diversion. Adam Sandler... yuck.

;-) Sarah

Hi, Nancy,

I am not a big fan of most of Adam Sandler's films but I was pleasantly surprised with Reign Over Me. I thought Don Cheadle was wonderful in this picture as well.
As comparison, the other films from Sandler that I've enjoyed were Spanglish and 50 First Dates.

Diana

LOL Sarah! Upon further reflection, I agree. In my case, my DH doesn't like psychological thrillers, and I love them. So, I think I'm going to watch Mr. Brooks or something like that. }(

(My DH isn't too bad about chick flicks. For example, last night we watched Notting Hill together TWICE. No kidding. We can't seem to get enough of that movie!)

Thanks, Diana. I think I saw a good portion of 50 First Dates, and you're right. Sandler didn't get on my nerves at all.

Hi All,

I just rented Reign Over Me last weekend. I have to say that I was pleased. I usually can't stand Adam Sandler either, and would not have rented it if it weren't for Don Cheadle. But you know what? Adam Sandler was actually pretty good; he wasn't playing the annoying character that he usually plays. There was something oddly endearing about him in this film. Of course, Don Cheadle was fabulous as usual.

Speaking of Don Cheadle, rent his other new film, "Talk to Me." That one was great!

Nicole

(My DH isn't too bad about chick flicks. For example, last
>night we watched Notting Hill together TWICE. No kidding. We
>can't seem to get enough of that movie!)

Nancy, it sounds like your DH is "in touch with his feminine side," how lucky for you! My hubby would rather have a root canal than watch Notting Hill }(

Sarah

Nancy, did you watch it? We (my DH, son & I) enjoyed it. Sandler and Cheadle both do an excellent job in it...worth seeing IMO!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

I went to Reign Over Me when it first came out. I would very much so recommend this movie. I thought both leads did a great job. I will warn you...It IS a tearjerker (even though im a sap.)

DH and I went to see this in the theater and we both agreed that Adam Sandler redeemed himself in this movie. It is a tear jerker, for sure. Even DH, who is normally quite stoic, shed a couple of tears.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.