Registered pet names

My Cocker that passed away registered name was The Great Golden Gizmo. We called him Buddy Boy. My Cocker now We didn't bother to register his name is Grizzlie! But he's a sweetie!!!! :p

Kelsey Belle of Mayfair-(RIP, sweetie--our 1st golden-we liked Kelsey and Mayfair is our street)

Amber Lou of Mayfair-(our current fur baby-Amber-her color, Lou-after my mom and same explan. for Mayfair, obviously)

This is Amber in my avatar.

We had a Brindle Great Dane named Great Dame Desdemona. We called her Mona. She has now found a new home. :( She didn't do well with my kiddos. Her playful nature got her into too much trouble when she ran over my babies. :( Once the kids are bigger we are hoping to get another Dane.

Wow - I feel like I am missing something here too! My cat is Gizmo. My dog was Ryder...my other cat was Lovey but she passed away this fall. what am I doing wrong? how do you register a name? No one ever mentioned it to me before? Why such fancy names?

Thanks! Clarissa

Wow - I feel like I am missing something here too! My cat is Gizmo. My dog was Ryder...my other cat was Lovey but she passed away this fall. what am I doing wrong? how do you register a name? No one ever mentioned it to me before? Why such fancy names?

Thanks! Clarissa

Registration is usually for purebreed dogs and is mainly done for show/breeding dogs. I got Tuxedo and Pepper when they were 10 month and 18 months and they were already registered with NAMASCUSA and MASCA which are the breeder associations for Mini Australian Shepherds.

My other dogs were originally planned to stay in the breeding program for the kennel where I got them but I subsequently changed my mind and they will be neutered this month :eek:

In my case, Boldheart Mini Aussies is the kennel name and if you register the dog the kennel name has to be part of the registered name and then you wreck your brain to come up with a half-way decent name for the dog. Not easy for me, my second son didn't have a name until 3 days after he was born, he was released from the hospital as "baby boy" :D

HTH

Thanks Carola. I was sitting here like, man my pets need better names than Gizmo! Poor cat! haha!

Clarissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.