Regarding smoking (cigarettes)??

Regarding smoking (cigarettes)??

• Total voters
I really dreaded giving up cigarettes, too, but, when I finally decided that it was time to just do it, I used commit lozenges. They are very effective. There were, of course, those times when I felt like I was losing it. On the second smokeless day, I kept dropping things and losing my train of thought. I went to the local health food store, and the owner suggested some "Smoker's Tea." This really calmed my nerves. I stay quit by working out. I had just started using Cathe (I had been using the Firm for years) shortly before I gave up cigarettes. I started with Imax and, boy, was that a shock! I actually saw spots before my eyes and became light - headed!! Once I stopped smoking, Imax became more and more bearable. (I doubt that it will ever be "easy," but, now I know that the emergency room probably isn't necessary.) I also stay quit, because my 10-year-old is very proud of me -- I appreciate that because he doesn't voice such sentiments as readily anymore, and because I've always worried that my students will see out somewhere smoking. I'm sure that, since you've quit before, you have a whole list of reasons why you want to quit and why you felt so good about yourself when you quit before. Smoking is such a powerful addiction. I wish you well. Try the commit lozenges. They really worked for me. (Sorry for rambling. I guess I used this reply as a catharsis.) Seriously, try commit . . . and good luck.:)

I quit this year 2005! I had already made 2004 my year to really taper off and only had a few on weekends or camping....that being said I started looking at heavy smokers and noticed they had more wrinkles than they should, so I am not touching them based on that fact alone and the fact that for me I was so close in 2004, but didn't completely quit.......I looked at myself as having a weakness and decided this year will be smoke free for me. My husband quit as well, and that support helps. Its only been five weeks, but I already feel so much healthier and my body feels stronger! Even the occasional cigs on the weekends hindered my full abilities when I worked out..........I will never go back to that again - - you can do it and you have the support of all the people here to get you through!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.