reebok versus original club step

luvtorun

Cathlete
Anyone have a reebok step? I asked my DIL today how many risers the club step she is going to give me had with it and she said it didn't have risers, it was a reebok, but still had three levels.

Will this serve me just as well as an original club step?

I use a Reebok step. I don't even know how high it is! I'll have to measure it at home tonight. But it does have 3 levels - it comes with removable "stairs" that you use to adjust the height.

Angie

The Reebok step is equavelent to the normal club step. The level thing is a bit different to use, but if I remember correctly it goes up 2 full inches each time. Which is the same as a riser. The only thing that keeps poping into my mind is the actual step is either a bit longer or shorter, but the same height off the floor, and it's not that much longer or shorter, I think only by an inch or two. So that shouldn't really matter, it's been a really long time since I've workout out on a reebok, the gym I worked at in Az use to have them, and that is pushing 10 + years. I really don't think there would be a problem using one with Cathe's videos. I taught advance step classes and I know I did a lot of the same moves that were in Cathe's videos on them and never had a problem. The one thing I do remember is when you jump on one, it makes a bit of a louder boom then the club step does, on a wooden floor. But then again I was in a room with 35 steppers all doing it at the same time. I nave no idea how it sounds as a single person doing it. I just remember a few of my stepper being disappointed the the club step we changed to, didn't boom as loud. As they liked that noise for stress release and feeling like they were really working their bodies.

Also start with it on the floor, no levels, and get use to it, as being new to a step and having it raised a lot of times spells for a horrible workout. But if you start with it on the floor, and get use to the different feet patterns and get comfortable with always putting your foot fully on the step without thinking about it, when you raise it, all it does it make the routine work your legs more as well as get your heart pumping harder. Basically makes it not so frusterating.

I hope that helps.

Kit

I borrowed my sister's Reebok step when I was visiting. It felt similar to the Original Step sizewize (I didn't fall off or do anything funky like I did when I used my mom's short step - I almost killed myself on that one! x( ). It's adjustable 4,6,8 and I accidently did 10" as well (for the warm up of Low Max then I realized I was way too high. It's not that stable that way and it's way too high - but you can do it...

If your DIL is giving it to you, I'd take it with a smile. I think the only real advantage the Original Step has is that you can add additional risers and make it a high step if you choose. Or you can slant it for abs and other work - but I never use it for that. The Reebok step is a good one.

Thanks for the info. Oh I intend to take it with a smile. :) I was just unfamiliar with this step. I have a studio size club step which is just a smaller version of the origin. It only has one set of risers so I am ready for that elevation!! I think...

I think the Reebok step I have is different than the one all of you are talking about. It's blue and black. It does have three levels, too. It's definitely shorter in length than the original club step. I can't do the flying angel that well on it. I wished I had just gotten the original club step. Oh well, another thing to add to my Christmas list! :) What the heck, my kids already started their lists!

Dallas

I have a Reebok step. The platform measures about 38" X 14" and the club step is 40" X 14" - so they are very comparable.

Jo

I love my Reebok step (it's the black and gray one). I used to have the shorter (lengthwise) step and was so happy when I got this one.

The one thing I wanted to say is that with the club step, you can not use risers and have it be 4". The shortest height for the Reebok step is 6" (as Missy said). just fyi...

Kel

I have used my black/grey Reebok step for about 4 years and just got the original club step. Both work well for Cathe workouts, but I really am enjoying the new step. Even though it makes a louder noise when stepping, it feels like there is more give to it and is therefore easier on my joints. (I think I recall a thread here where Cathe mentions the same, about that give)

I have a Reebok step. It costs $60.00 at Sportmart. I like it because it goes from 6" to 10" in one inch increments (sp?), but it is shorter than the Club Step. I would rather have the Club Step and am looking for a good price for it.

Mine is old and puny, dont even remember the brand, is black and when I started using it I was 230lbs, is only 28 long, I need to get me the real Step, the long one, I am dreaming with one, I am just waiting for the oportunity to find one somewhere, the other day I found out that Lucille Roberts gym, which is across my street, threw a way a bunch of them, X( and here I am trying to get a deal on Ebay and have no luck :( they are way expensive and they are second hand!!! X(

The older I get the more I love me

http://www.geocities.com/norma123nyc/MyJourney.html

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.