Recovery week done 1 week earlier

merary

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for suggestions. I was forced to do my recovery week right after week 3 of meso 1... had several interruptions and could not stick to the program. I'm getting back on track tomorrow, but I'm wondering what to do... Should I skip week 4 of meso 1 and start meso 2? Should I do week 4 of meso 1 and then move on to meso 2 immediately the week after? or should I do week 4 of meso 1, rest one more week, and then begin meso 2?

Which of these three options would you recommend?
Thanks!

Hi Merary:

I am in the same boat as you... I tweeked my back early last week and was supposed to be doing week 3 (again as I am doing the 5 month rotation and do each week twice) of Meso 1. I would NOT recommend jumping into meso 2 without completing Meso 1. IMHO, I would just pick up where you left off, and would just not take a rest week or a very short rest and continue with Meso 2 when you fully complete meso 1. It's not the end of the world that the recovery week got a little jumbled, so don't worry about it too much.. however, each of the Mesocycles build on the previous one, so it just would not be wise to miss out on that last building week of meso 1. I'm starting week 4 tomorrow and just won't take my rest week the following week... so it all works out in the end.. :)

Good luck!

ITA with what Dani said, just pick up where you left off, but you probably don't need another full rest week. Maybe just take a couple days off, then do a day maybe two of cardio, then move into meso2.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.