Recommendations for aerobic shoes

TXGin

Cathlete
I have been wearing Ryka Circuit XT Lo aerobic shoes for the past few years. I am in desperate need of a new pair and unable to find them anywhere so I assume they have been discontinued. What shoes do you recommend and where do you buy them?

TIA,
Gin

I have been wearing Ryka Circuit XT Lo aerobic shoes for the past few years. I am in desperate need of a new pair and unable to find them anywhere so I assume they have been discontinued. What shoes do you recommend and where do you buy them?

TIA,
Gin

Hi Gin,

I sincerely recommend Gel-Intensity by Asics; I bought mine here:

http://www.holabirdsports.com/cgi-bin/product?product=560467

Actually, I've bought three pairs of shoes from Holabirdsports (two pairs for myself and one pair for my DH) -- never had a single problem.

I love Asics shoes -- I wear ASICS GEL-Intensity for step aerobics and weight training and ASICS GEL-3010 for running. Actually, it is about time to replace my old gel-intensity shoes -- I am planning to buy a new pair of ASICS GEL-Intensity from Holabirdsports again.

Hope this helps.

Will any of the other Rykas work for you? I have been buying mine at Zappos.
They are fast shippers, and have a good return policy and good prices.

Hi Gin.

I have finally found the perfect aerobics sneaker for me. May or may not work for you, but I absolutely love them. The Nike Shox Navina 3. I know that they are intended for running, but I can do anything in these and my feet LOVE them!!!

They are on sale on nike.com for $64.99. I currently have three pair and am very tempted to purchase at least one more pair because they are on sale, but more importantly: I'm afraid they are going to stop making them...:confused:

Last edited:
Hi-
I'm starting AHB and Insanity and am need of a new shoe. I have been wearing Ryka's but they have broken down so I am interested to see what everyone is recommending. : )

Howdy! I just got the Ryka Assist XT and I freaking love it! My N-gage studios are dying currently and my Asics Kayanos were hurting me as I worked. I wrote a review here if you're interested. There IS a new studio low from from Ryka -- the studio low flex I think. I never can find Rykas in the store though...

Hi Gin.

I have finally found the perfect aerobics sneaker for me. May or may not work for you, but I absolutely love them. The Nike Shox Navina 3. I know that they are intended for running, but I can do anything in these and my feet LOVE them!!!

They are on sale on nike.com for $64.99. I currently have three pair and am very tempted to purchase at least one more pair because they are on sale, but more importantly: I'm afraid they are going to stop making them...:confused:

Melissa,

Do these shoes provide good lateral support? I have also gone to running shoes for aerobics, but the lateral support is an issue. I like the Nike's that you mention...

i wish i could remember where and the specifics that running shoes should not be used for aerobics. something about shock absorbtion. i ordered online Asics Gel AntaresA from ZAPPS>. they should arrive soon.

laura

I just ordered and received a pair of the Ryka Studio Flex Mid and have to agree with the ^^^ post. I normally wear a 6 and even with better inserts, they just don't feel right. The toe box feels larger than all my previous Ryka aerobic shoes and while they are lighter, there doesn't seem to be as much support. I'll be sending these back but now I'm at a loss over what to get next:confused:

I just ordered and received a pair of the Ryka Studio Flex Mid and have to agree with the ^^^ post. I normally wear a 6 and even with better inserts, they just don't feel right. The toe box feels larger than all my previous Ryka aerobic shoes and while they are lighter, there doesn't seem to be as much support. I'll be sending these back but now I'm at a loss over what to get next:confused:

Thanks for letting me know! I was afraid I had freakish feet or something. I'm very unhappy with the design changes but if it matters, I've been using the Assist XTs for Cathe and I've been loving it. The Intensity is supposed to be a good shoe as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.