Recomended over the counter face exfoliator

I looove St. Ives. Their face scrubs are usually available in drugstores, as well as Walmart and Target. However, my favorite St. Ives product is Amazon.com: St. Ives Timeless Skin Daily Microdermabrasion 4 oz (113 g): Beauty which I've never seen in stores; I bought mine from amazon and love it. My skin always feels so clean and smooth after each use.
Biore also has a good microderm exfoliator that's comparable to St. Ives. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Biore-SkinPreservation-Smoother-Microderm-Exfoliator/dp/B001P60R1A/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1311795504&sr=1-1 and Biore's might actually be more easily found in stores than the St. Ives one.

For exfoliation, I use:

-Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Exfoliating Cream: At $75 per jar, this is pricey, but I only use it about 2x a week and you only need a small amount. The granules are very fine but they are coarse and concentrated so it really gets the job done. It's comparable to Kate Somerville's Exfolikate Treatment scrub, which I've used a sample of except the Dr. Brandt one smells like lemons and the Kate Somerville one is green, but she offers a .5 oz size for $19.

-I love my Clarisonic brush...I've had it for about 3 years now and noticed if I go a few days without using it and just use cleanser only, that my skin goes back to being rough. I recently switched to their new "deep pore" brush-head and really like it.

-For a skin treatment that helps cell-turnover, I like Peter Thomas Roth's Glycolic Acid 10% hydrating gel. I use about 2 pumps at night only and the bottle lasts a very long time. It also helps keep my skin smooth. If I let my skin get too dry, it will slightly sting but otherwise it does not.

A little bit about my skin to see if these products would be at all right for you...I have large pores, my skin gets clogged easily and tends to get rough skin with bumps in the forehead without all this exfoliation. My skin fits the description of oily except my face doesn't sheen too much, at least not enough to be a real issue for me, and it actually responds well to heavier moisturizers which help prevent the rough texture.

Hope this helps...all the products I mentioned are found at Sephora.

Ditto on the Clarisonic. Love it and miss it if I'm on vacation or something.

For over-the-counter manual exfoliation I like Origins products. Their products are all natural and don't contain the chemicals that so many other brands do, and they're not too expensive. They have a few, but Modern Friction is my favorite.

Skin solutions on amazon has great peels for cheap. Start with lactic. Peter Thomas Roth has great spendy product. A microdermabrasion cloth from spacloth is cheap and does a great job for manual exfoliation. You can find retin a without the brand name on line now for cheap.

Make sure you have emu oil and baby your skin post peel, and give ample time to heal.

HTH

Clinique's Exfoliating Scrub is the absolute best I have found. I think most exfoliator's granules are too big and too few.. What I like about Clinique is that their granules are very fine and quite numerous..leaves my skin feeling smooth and tingly.

I use St.Ives scrubs sometimes.

For a cream, Alphahydrox has some good lotions and creams. this line used to be around all over in drugstores, but seems harder to find. I order from Walgreens.. the lotion lasts a long time and the bottle is big enough to be generous to put on your neck, hands...whereever else!

Alpha Hydrox products (in the red box) are the best I've found, and they're also among the least expensive. I use the "Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Creme, Anti-Wrinkle Exfoliant" -- it's 10% Glycolic AHA, costs $10.87 on amazon. I've heard the "Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic AHA" is even better, it's just been out of stock when I've ordered. It's $13.99 on amazon.

Alpha Hydrox products (in the red box) are the best I've found, and they're also among the least expensive. I use the "Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Creme, Anti-Wrinkle Exfoliant" -- it's 10% Glycolic AHA, costs $10.87 on amazon. I've heard the "Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic AHA" is even better, it's just been out of stock when I've ordered. It's $13.99 on amazon.

Here is the link to find the Alpha Hydrox products. I love them!

Neoteric Cosmetics Product Line - Neoteric Cosmetics, Inc.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.