Rebounder

Janicefluhr

I am 72 and do Cathe’s low impact workouts regularly. I’m contemplating getting a rebounder. I had 2 partial knee replacements 5 years ago and can do pretty much anything I want that is low impact. I would like to tone and loose weight in my knees, thighs and calves. I’m a bit concerned about the balance part of it, I guess I would just have to start out slowly in that regard. Does anyone have any advice for me?

I am 72 and do Cathe’s low impact workouts regularly. I’m contemplating getting a rebounder. I had 2 partial knee replacements 5 years ago and can do pretty much anything I want that is low impact. I would like to tone and loose weight in my knees, thighs and calves. I’m a bit concerned about the balance part of it, I guess I would just have to start out slowly in that regard. Does anyone have any advice for me?
I don't have much advice as I never got into the rebounding thing, however, I have seen some rebounders that have a bar on one side that comes up to about waist high so you can hold it & use it for balance - maybe look for one of those. There are some dvd workouts for the rebounder also. Best in health ...

Do you have a cathe tower? I have a 49” Bellicon rebounder and I can situate it in front of the tower, which then acts like a support bar.

Do keep in mind that a rebounder - even with bungees vs springs isn’t totally without impact. It’s low impact but not “no” impact.

I tried to attach a picture but it’s too big. I added the picture to the bottom of the FT post on the bottom of my blog post about the Fit Tower.
Rebounder and Fit Tower

Along the lines of what the other posters are saying, my Jump Sport came with a stability bar (handle that attaches to the frame). I wouldn't use my JS without it! It allows me to jump freely while holding on and really works my arms at the same time b/c I do a lot of tuck, air, plyo jumps and really push down on the bar when jumping. I'm pretty sure each Jump Sport rebounder has that option of obtaining one. It has definitely been worth the extra $$ to me - absolutely love it! (You can also use it as a pull-up bar while laying on the bed of the rebounder). HTH! As an aside, doing various jumps with the bar allows my HR to get really high since my range of motion can allow me to jump higher, etc. I do lots of high impact jumps on the rebounder throughout Cathe's/other instructor's workouts. Love it!!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.