Real Housewives--I know it's not just me!

LauraMax

Cathlete
I have a confession. I started watching the ATL version this year, I guess on a whim or something when there was nothing else on TV. Well, the show was so flippin vapid & shallow I was immediately hooked. I just can't help myself. It's kinda like a heroin addiction. You know it's not adding anything to your quality of life, it's only hurting it, but you can't stop. :p

So, my views of the ATL gang: NeNe is my favorite hands down. She cracks me slap up. She's the "realest" of the group. Sheree is cool, only b/c she has an absolutely amazing bod (I can't believe they never once showed her training--I'd love to see her routine!). But she's sorta unjustifiably arrogant & snotty. Also very mean to NeNe. Kim is a jackass. No way is she 30. No effing way! She looks at least my age! The other two ladies, DeShawn & I can't remember the other, seemed very sweet & normal (although I'm having trouble getting past DeShawn's inability to get rid of her chef & cook on her own).

I've seen a few of the NYC, none of the original, which I guess I'll be hooked on for the next few months. :eek: I just cannot wait to get to know the vapid & shallow housewives of Orange County! LOL!

I guess my only Q is, were all these women born rich? They seem to forget what it's like to be a normal human being. ;)

I have a serious problem with the Orange County show- even DH watches it with me sometimes. Shhhh! New York never clicked with me, but I do like Atlanta. It's such a horrible show and I cannot resist it! Glad I'm not alone! :)

The Real Housewives

I love The "Real Housewives" although they are absolutely NOTHING like me, or anyother housewife I know for that matter!
I started watching the original...the OC Housewives, its' first season...and got hooked. They have changed the cast around, but Vicki, who was one of my favorites, is looking to become greedy and kind of well, bitchy. She used to love Lake Havasu, now, it's not good enough, and she wants a yacht. She just always wants too much...she needs to appreciate what she does have. Tamra, she isn't as hot as she thinks. I love Jeana, she seems the most normal. Lauri, too much plastic surgery, her face doesn't look human. Gretchen, can't form an opinion yet.
Atlanta...I LOVE Nene...she tells it like it is. She is hilarious. Kim, a phony hooker. I am 28 and she looks at least 15 years older than me. I think her hair fell out because of over processing. And walking around with her boobs hanging out at her daughter's birthday party, trashy. At her melodious singing voice, just warms my soul. I like Lisa, she seems the most down to earth. DeShawn, I don't know. The chef, the staff, too much.
New York...didn't really like any of them. Especially Alex and her "husband" too pretentious. Nothing like us Southern Girls.
I'd love to see them come and work on the farm with me someday.

I watch the OC but I couldn't get into the New York or Atlanta shows. I really like Jeana the best. She seems the most down to earth and normal. I agree that Lauri looks like she had too much plastic surgery. I'm the same age she is and yikes...she looks like she could be my mom! :eek:

I'm not sure about Gretchen. She seems a bit trashy.

i got sucked into this show too, and my SO watched it with me....these people are so out of touch with reality. what i love is when they say they worked so hard for their success....exactly what did they do other than marry rich men??? the one girl lisa does work in real estate. these shows are like train wrecks, and i can't resist! i watched an episode or 2 of NYC, but i haven't seen OC yet.

I'm glad you said it first. The ATL show is one of my guilty pleasures. I like NeNe too. I also like Lisa and DeShawn. Kim seems like she's insecure or something. Sheree, is well she's soo self-confident I wonder if her ex-football player husband didn't abuse her either verbally or physically for a long time. She spoke about how he would always put her down, so I'm thinking that might be why she always feels the need to pump herself up. As far as Sheree or Lisa's workout routine, I'd like to know either. Can't wait till next season.

OK I'm seeing similarities in Kim & Gretchen (I've only seen Gretchen in one show though, so I could be wrong). They're both white-trash gold-diggers. 'Nuff said. :p

And Kim's singing voice--OMG! Indescribable!

LOVE the OC version, like NYC, but hated the people on it, kind of like the whole train wreck thing, could not turn away, can't stand Atlanta, just nothing about it I like, can't watch it. Definitely looking forward to new OC season, and I heard they are working on a NJ version.

LOVE the OC version, like NYC, but hated the people on it, kind of like the whole train wreck thing, could not turn away, can't stand Atlanta, just nothing about it I like, can't watch it. Definitely looking forward to new OC season, and I heard they are working on a NJ version.

Oooh I heard that too! But for some reason I wasn't invited to participate. :eek: I heard they were filming in Bergen County, which has me baffled. How could they not include Short Hills in a Real Houswives of NJ? :confused:

I don't think the housewives of Atlanta were truly representative of Southern Women...yes, they live there, but how many were born and raised there? That kind turned me off as a Southerner.
Gretchen....when she said she wasn't "physically attracted" to her fiance...made me think gold digger...she will be his fifth wife I think...so he probably knows what he is getting into!
What....y'all mean you aren't buying Kim's "album" she said it comes out in January...it should be entitled "Trainwreck: The Musical Album"

UGHHHHHH - you people here - I swear - LOL..... Now I will have to catch one of those marathons of the ATL ones... I started watching the OC in the second season and have watched it since. From the promos - I just wasnt interested in the ATL one - but now I am going to have to check it out... THANKS!!!!!!! :p hehe....

The jury is still out for me on Gretchen - she was honest in her not being attracted to her fiance from the start- so yea - the golddigger was my thought - but then in her talking about his illness and stuff.... And we all have people that have grown on us - people that we wouldnt have been attracted to from the get go - so we will have to see...

Vicki is on a whole new level of control freak - sometimes I am surprised her kids even still talk with her - so is so controlling and overbearing...

So yea - I am sucked in - total guilty pleasure viewing...

I love the Atlanta version! :) Nene rocks, Kim is white trash..poor thing. Good god. But I really wanna know who "Big Papa" is!

Your right, I don't think most of those women were born in Atlanta, if any. I don't know how Kim allowed herself on national television to sing, if you could call it that. Oh well, makes for good t.v.

Oooh I heard that too! But for some reason I wasn't invited to participate. :eek: I heard they were filming in Bergen County, which has me baffled. How could they not include Short Hills in a Real Houswives of NJ? :confused:

LOL, I heard they will be filming in Franklin Lakes, I work there, and I'm still looking for camera crews!

I got sucked into that show as well! I was watching OC when they intro the "new" woman in the cast. ATL cracks me up. I got so tired of hearing the word "class." If you have class you don't say it.

Too bad they didn't come up with Real Housewives of Cathe Nation!

OK

I was sucked in also. I still think the OC one is the best.

The New York one just didn't grab me like the others.

I got hooked on the ATL one I think mostly because I kept wanting to hear Kim attempt to sing - it was such great comedy!!! I know that DeShawn is from Detroit originally. She met her husband Eric when they both attended Michigan State University and he played for them. I remember seeing him play actually. He was good but not the star and he really worked his behind off to make it in the NBA so for that I salute him. I like her because even though she can't cook she seems to have her feet on the ground and doesn't have to run her mouth. I can honestly say that if I had her moola I would probably not be interested in going back for a masters degree but more power to her for doing that.

In regards to NeNe - I liked her DH Greg - he was so mellow!

Is there a chance that these shows (NY and ATL) might not run again??

And Big Poppa is some real estate guy as noted above. Now they are broke up - who is paying the bills???

Atremo11 - your title for Kim's album "Trainwreck" had me on the floor laughing!!

Looking forward to tomorrow nights OC!!

Great Post!

LMAO! I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if Big Papa was married. It totally fits Kim's skanky moral code. Netsnotes, that is so funny, b/c Kim is the one who mentioned "class" the most. "If you don't have class you don't fit in." Well Kim, how in the hell are you getting party invites then? :rolleyes:

Probably most of the women on ALL the shows (NYC, OC, ATL) aren't natives to the city/county. Doesn't make it any less vapid or shallow though. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.