Re: LASIK Surgery

Joni - make-up!!

Congrats on that wonderful vision you have now!

I know what you mean about the make-up! They told me no make-up (especially mascara) for 3 days prior to the surgery and then for 2 weeks afterwards!! Geez, I'm not gonna leave the house for almost 3 weeks !! Well, except to go to the doctor's office I guess.
happy.gif

The monovision was an option offered to me but since I don't wear the monovision contacts I thought it would bother me too much. I don't have any trouble reading close-up now but I'm sure it's coming since I'm now "over-the-hill".
happy.gif
At the next Cathe trip you'll probably see me pull my little spectacles out of my purse and perch them on the end of my nose to read the menu.
happy.gif

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to post afterwards and let you know how it went!

Bev K.

In the good ol' USA

I live on the West Coast of Florida and I'm having it done here. The eye center is a very experienced one, plus it's close to home so I won't have far to travel for follow-up care.

Bev K.

Lasik

Hi,
My husband had the lasik surgery done here in N.Y. as soon as the FDA approved it. ( I think it was 4 years ago.) He had opthamologists watching the procedure because it was so new. ( They let me watch too). When he had the surgery, they put soft contacts on the eyes after surgery to protect them. I see they have changed that - actually improved that. His lens fell out because he did not keep the eyes moist enough. As a result, he was in some pain. However, not a day goes by that he is not thrilled that he did it.
The bad part it that if his glasses were off, he couldn't see me too well....well now he sees everything....except the ring in the tub. Good luck

Congrats!

Oh Brenda, I'm so happy for you. I think this procedure is such a miracle, words just can't describe the joy at being able to see clearly. Let us know what the doc says today, I'm sure both you and he will be pleased!

Elizabeth Kelly
happy.gif

Hi Elizabeth!

Yes I do know where Clinton Township is! I live in Lake Orion (not too far!) My opthamologist is Dr. Anna DiLorenzo in Troy. She's fabulous!
happy.gif

Wendy

Hi Wendy and Brenda

I've watched this thread with alot of interest. I never knew how bad my vision was until reading everyone's story here. My vision is 20/650 in both eyes. The thought of being able to see anything first thing in the morning sounds like a miracle and I've heard such horror stories I put it out of my mind as a possibility for myself. But thanks to all of you, I am reconsidering. I'm sorry, I haven't gotten to read everyone's post(I will go back and do that), but Brenda, I did read yours and the joy and exhilaration that came out of your description of being able to see today was amazing. It's something I'll remember when I make my decision about having the surgery. Thank you.
Laura

I am so curious!

I have worn glasses since I was 8 years old, and hate them. I have never been able to tolerate contacts of any kind. It gives me the willies to read this strand because my eyes are so sensitive, but I would love to see without my glasses. I am going to look into this. I bet this isn't covered by insurance? Does anyone know anything about risk factors? I would love to wake up in the morning and be able to dance around my room yelling "I can see, I can see!". Sounds like a dream come true. Thanks for sharing all this info. wrwatch

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.