R2 WK 3 DISC 4 - 6

tothemax

Cathlete
I have 2 new words to add to the Cathe's hit list: twenty-ones & drop set. I started the workout with my weighted gloves on, but I had to take them off because my right hand was hurting. I really like the band work for the shoulders and using with the barbell. I am considering adding an additional leg workout, but may wait until I start Meso 2.

oooooh, I just finished #4. Those drop sets of pushups at the beginning were nasty!!! I actually managed all the pushups on my toes except the last 7 of the 21s at the end. Had to go to my knees or I was gonna splat on my face:eek::eek::p My arms, chest, and shoulders are just kinda hanging there now! I need to go get in the shower, but I'm not sure I can wash my own hair or get this shirt off!

Nan

Way to go, Nan... I'm impressed that you can do so many push-ups on your toes! You may not remember me, but we were both doing the original 3.5 month rotation check-in. I just started my 2nd rotation - did disc 1 yesterday and I can feel it already.

Michelle

Way to go, Nan... I'm impressed that you can do so many push-ups on your toes! You may not remember me, but we were both doing the original 3.5 month rotation check-in. I just started my 2nd rotation - did disc 1 yesterday and I can feel it already.

Michelle

I actually discovered it was a case of mind over matter!!! Once I decided I was gonna do them, I could! Who knew? I was giving up before when they got a teensy hard and dropping back to my knees. Now I just decided to suck it up and do it. :cool: Now, after I did disc 1 the 1st time this go around my lats and stomach hurt for like 3 days from all those silly pushups. Ow!!! I gotta suck the gut in hard to stabilize to do that many. I am pretty sure I look pretty silly doing bootcamp pushups, nowhere as smooth as Cathe and crew and I can't go down as far on those, but I'm working on it.

I also realized its easier for me mentally on some of the bigger sets to count in smaller numbers. Instead of counting to 15, I count to 5, then backwards 5 down, and then back up to 5. Silly, I know, but it takes my mind off of it. I only have to do 5 at a time. At least in my head, it provides a mental stopping point so I start fresh everytime I start the count over, even if I really am not stopping. I also find it works well on some of the other nasty long sets - some of the leg work as well. Hey, I may be mental, but it works!

Nan

Very good idea, I may try this I know i can do pushups on my toes., but not at the same pace with Cathe so I drop to my knees and fallow them.I been working on sucking my gut in hard, I can do pretty much on every stand up exercise but when is time to go down then I get stock.:confused::mad:

Any suggestions Nan?:D

Eunice

Nan, I agree with you about the push up. Once I focused totally on the doing the move and not on how many I have to do, I was able to complete each set on my toes, they hurt but I did it.

Checking in today with disc 5 back & tris complete. I was able to wear my weighted gloves for the entire workout and it felt really good.

What was I thinking - Kick Max before a leg day. I know my lower body needs the work, but those leg conditioning drills had me making all kinds of face. But hey I am not complaining.

First week of disc 4 -6 completed today with disc 6 legs. Instead of wearing my weight gloves, I wore my weighted vest. Having the vest on really helps with my form because I have to really stabilized my core when do the moves. Although my legs were as sore as I thought they would be from doing kick max the day before, I have major DOMS in triceps.

2nd wk of disc 4 -6. I don't like to workout late, but I didn't not want to miss a workout. Because of the lateness, it took some modifications to get through the workout (first time). I did all the push ups on my toes so I am very proud of that. Overhead press and hammer curls were modified by doing one arm at a time. I also did a 5 mile power walk this morning.

Repeat of Disc 5 today. Not much to report. Completed the workout according to work card. Just one question, why does Cathe wait until the very end to do drop sets. Followed the workout with a 5 mile interval run.

Today completes disc 6 for the second week. Yesterday after IMAX3 I was so tried and my knee was killing me and I thought I wasn't going to be able to do legs today. But after a very long restful night and a good soak, I was able to give it my all. The first time around I wore my weighted vest, this time around I used my weight gloves and I think wearing the vest make me work harder. So now I am half way through Meso 1 and feeling really good.

I finished disc 6 for the 2nd time this eve, too. It was tough tonight. Sweating buckets, too. Tomorrow is CCPP, I hope I make it!!

Nan

I finished disc 6 for the 2nd time this eve, too. It was tough tonight. Sweating buckets, too. Tomorrow is CCPP, I hope I make it!!

Nan

I'm right there with you Nan: disc 6 tonight and CCPP tomorrow morning...:eek: I finished disc 6 about 2 hours ago and my legs are still shaking. When I was done I looked like I just finished CCPP. I was soaked!!!

I'm getting up bright and early tomorrow morning to do CCPP. I hope I can make it down the stairs to my stationary bike...:confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.