Quick Breakfast Ideas

kristi

Cathlete
Does anyone have a quick breakfast idea that includes protein? I don't mind making it ahead of time at night. In the morning I am always running out the door to drop my son off at daycare. The mornings are never long enough for me to stop and enjoy a sit down breakfast. I have tried protein bars and hate them. I think I have tried almost every one on the market so they are not an option for me. Also I would like to try to stick with real food and not resort to protein shakes if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-02 AT 02:59PM (Est)[/font][p]Egg whites are very high in protein, mix with some cheddar or mozzerella in the microwave for a great eggwhite omlete. I prefer to leave the yolks in for more flavor--either way high in protein.

Also, REAL oatmeal has 5 g protein in half cup uncooked. Someone recommended McCann's Steel Cut oatmeal because it has 16 g in 1 cup cooked but I found it to be VERY expensive. Anyway, microwave it for 1 minute 30, add some fruit. Delish!

I'm ready to take the next step! http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/a_smil09.gif

Came back into edit---it's 16 g per one cup not one-quarter. OOOPS!

other oatmeal ideas

I make a single serving of instant oatmeal in the microwave then stir in one tablespoon of peanut or almond butter and one tablespoon of honey. It is absolutely delicious plus it keeps me full all morning.

Michelle

RE: other oatmeal ideas

If you want to send me your e-mail address I would be happy to forward some breakfast recipes that I have.

Jessica

Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich on whole wheat toast/bread
Luna Bar or Nature Valley Trail Mix Bar
Oatmeal
Yogurt and Fruit
Protein Shake
Do you have einstein bagels near you? They have "Powerbagels" - 18 g of protein per bagel and they are great with peanut butter!

Hi Kristi and Joanne,

I sent both of you the recipes that I have. If you have any problems getting them please let me know.

Jessica

I know you said you don't do protein bar.. but have you tried Odwella. It has 16 grams of protein and tastes quite good.

I never ate breakfast until these came along~

Lorie,

Just wanted to let you know I sent the recipes to you. If you have any problems getting them please let me know.

Jessica

Helen,

I e-mailed the breakfast recipes. If you have a problem getting them let me know. I had someone that had trouble getting them.

Thanks,

Jessica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.