Questions on Insanity

Lynn M.

Cathlete
Hi there-

I've been very intrigued with the comments I've heard about this new workout series.

My husband, who after a decade, finally converted to working out at home and just finished P90x. He really liked the format and saw some great results.

His goal now is to maintain the strength gains he achieved in P90x but now lose some weight. From what I can tell Insanity is way more cardio/fat burning than P90x.. would you say that is accurate and Insanity would be a good series to build on from P90x?

Also, about how long are the workouts on average? He ideally doesn't workout for more than 35 minutes.. but I'm working on trying to talk him into maybe 45. ;)

Thanks in advance for any input you can share!!

Take care, Lynn M.

There are no weights at all in the standard Insanity package, in the Deluxe there is one upper body weight workout, that is described as an add on, but not listed in his standard rotation. I have been doing UB weights this week with the workouts. They are very athletic, plyo based cardio style workouts, with a fair amount of pushups and plank work to help build the arms.

The workouts are just shy of 40 minutes, but in the second month in the "max" workouts, they go to 50 minutes.

This workout is one that guys will enjoy as much as women, there is NOTHING dancey or coreographed about it.

The people in the testimonials are claiming they got all ripped up from this rotation, but my guess is they also used the UB weight workout.

Lynn, I'm so intrigued I'm actually getting the package. I think this is the first DVD SERIES I've ever purchased. :eek:

Anyway, what I think I'll like about it is that I can still incorporate my lifting routines at the gym since each w/o is an hour or less. So I figure I can do Insanity in the morning & hit the gym 2 nights a week & once on Sunday (why does that sound like something an old married couple would say? ;)).

I'm looking forward to it & scared of it at the same time. :p

I sooo wish these work outs were available separately. I may just have to purchase the deluxe disc if it's available so that I can get a taste. I KNOW I won't use the set but a work out or 2 to mix things up would be nice. ;)

Thanks you guys for the input and info. I'm trying to justify getting it for my husband, but its pretty much ME that really wants it!!!

The cardio looks great..I'm like you Laura Max and prefer to do my lifting at the gym.. I'm in the need of something new and nothing too choreographed to get some calories burned.

Alright, I think I'm going to order.... for my, uh, husband, that is!! ;)

Take care, Lynn M.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.