Questions for Fitness Freak

auntiebev

Cathlete
I have been reading all of your posts and am extremely motivated by them and appreciate all of the advice that you give to the rest of us! In fact I changed my preworkout and postworkout snacks around last week because of one of your posts and was amazed by how much better I felt the rest of the week!

So I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions? I am just coming off of an 8 week rotation of the weight sections of 4 Day Split. I am taking a recovery week this week just as you suggested to someone else. Is it ok to go back and do GS now for the next rotation? Or should I do something else? Also do you do any cardio during your recovery weeks? I only do 2 or 3 days of cardio in a week. And do you still do your protein shakes during your recovery weeks? I am amazed at the changes in my body and how much better I feel since I backed off on cardio and starting lifting heavier and only 1 or 2 body parts a day!!!!!

Thanks for all of your help on this forum,
Bev

Hi Bev!
I'm glad my posts are helping you. I like to share what I've learned and what I know about this stuff.

There are rest weeks when I just feel like I need to take the entire week off, i.e. joints hurt, muscles won't recover, etc. When that happens I enjoy an entire week off. Then there are recovery weeks where I'm antsy, feel fine but know my muscles need a break so I'll keep the cardio in about three times that week. Listen to your body and do what you feel you need to do with that recovery week. I don't drink my protein shakes on recovery week. I usually have a sensible breakfast with egg whites, whole grain toast and maybe some oatmeal. My protein shakes only come in after a workout. I keep my supplements the same during my recovery week, I just don't take as many BCAA's as I usually do when I'm training.

Yes, it's fine to go back to GS after your recovery week. Most definitely. If you are building muscles, you want to keep hitting them hard and that's the way to do it. And the GS workouts are an excellent way to get that muscle.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly! I love GS but don't have the one for the legs. I have Butts and Guts (which I love) and Strong Legs and Abs. Do you think GS Legs is worth getting when I have those ones?

I can't wait for STS to come out. I'm going to turn 55 this year and I feel that it will be an investment in my health and strength. I'm the only one of all my friends my age that does not have to take any pills for bone density and I can thank Cathe for that! Why take a pill when you can lift a weight?????

And I also plan to invest in Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle since you so highly recommend it.

Thanks again.

I definitely recommond getting GS Legs if you can afford it. It's (imo) Cathe's best leg workout to date. Especially for muscle growth.

The STS workouts are going to be THE BOMB! I'm looking forward to them as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.