Question re: soreness

When you work your legs, how long are you sore after? I am seriously staying sore for three or more days. It's always the worst the second day after doing legs, and then it slowly dies down from there. But I'm honestly grunting every time I have to sit down or stand up. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? When I work my upper body/abs/back I will still get a little sore, feel some tightness the next day, but nothing like what I go through on my legs. Maybe I'm just still really out of shape in the leg department?? LOL.

Second question - do you wait until all soreness/stiffness is out of a particular muscle group before working it again? At the rate I'm going, I'm only hitting my legs once a week (because of soreness). Is that enough?

Thanks!! :)

I am rarely sore for more than a day or two after working legs (unless it's the first time during a rotation that I do a particular workout), but I do get sore every single blessed time I work chest. I could be on week eight of a rotation, using the same weights every single time, but I always get sore.

Right or wrong, if I am still sore three or four days after a leg workout (or chest, in my case), I will work my legs/chest again on day three or four if I want.

Shelbygirl

I have the same problem. I am still writhing in pain from the KPC/L&G Premix that I did on Tuesday. My legs (and butt!!) stay sore for DAYS! My upper body gets some serious DOMS as well, but they never last as long as lower body. Who knows why!!

Allison

Oh my gosh I can relate:eek:-Wednesday I did PLB with 2 sets of Firewalkers thrown in there and my husband thinks it is hysterical how funny I am STILL walking today. I don't know what happened this time...I usually don't get nearly this sore!!

Maybe it's time for a nice hot soak in the tub...:)

My legs don't get sore when I work them regularly. It's usually after the very first few workouts, or coming back from a break, or doing a completely new and different exercise that I get soreness.

I usually work out again when the soreness begins to subside, but is not totally gone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.