question for you cat people

They are so adorable. Makes me want a kitten - but Miss Princess will NOT allow any other kitties in HER house! I've never heard of take home pain meds after spay/neuter or any other surgery my baby has had - and don't see the need for it actually - but that's my personal opinion. It sounds like they are doing fine so maybe take a wait-and-see approach?

Yeah, I hadn't heard of take-home pain meds either, and it seemed like it might be a little counter-intuitive, since you want the kitty to know she's not 100% and take it easy. But the vet assured me that it was safe and said that most people do it. Anyway, I'll stop giving them the meds and see how they do (they gave me 3 day's worth, 2x/day).

Thanks again for your feedback!

Amy..your kitties are so cute and I love their names. :) I'm glad that they are doing well after their surgery.

Gaspard reminds me of a kitty I had as a kid, his name was Spook. :) I also had his brother who was grey and I named him Shadow. They were sweeties.

Glad to hear they are doing fine. I think the younger they are, the less affected by it they are.

Cute pictures! I took the "kids" to the vet yesterday for their check-up. Kahlua, my Siamese female, thinks she's the star of the show. Shadow, my black male, is still apprehensive, but see's that she's okay, and then relaxes.

Cats are fun, aren't they!

Diane

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.