question for those who have HR monitors

Olga,
Hi, The HRM is good to have if you want to stay in your zone and be aware of the cals you burn. That's the main reasons I wanted it. Today I did a great w/o. I jogged on the treadmill for 60 minutes (with the help of U2 and Duran Duran) and then did Cathe's PS series for upper body. Both of them, with the warm up from firm's Upper Body Parts. Then Firms more 5 day abs. I didn't use it for abs today, but did for the first two seperatley.
cardio: 497 cals and 35% fat
PS series (both upper body tapes): 346 cals and 55% fat
I don't know why I burn more fat from weight work. But I am
:-jumpy happy to report I burned a total of 843 cal's today and 839 yesterday.
That's about it for now.
Faythe

Ok, just wanted to jot down my cal's burned from yesterday. Didn't do today's workout yet. But really, everyone burns it differently. I just learned yesterday that the higher I go out of my range, when I think I'm doing "super" I am not buring as much fat. So I will try to train for longer endorance type of exercise and may have to take my step tapes and keep them grounded so my heart rate stays in the range more. I'll see how that works. As I get in better shape, I think harder tapes will be easier for me, that's been my experience in the past. But I am so happy to have bought this thing, (HRM) It will help me get a hold of the last 25+ lbs. Yesterday during Rhythmic Step I burned 302 cal's and 30% fat.
Well good luck, hope you buy what works best for you.
Faythe

Thanks, Faythe! 30% cal from fat burned is really good, isn't it?
I haven't gotten HR monitor yet - next month I think ...
You got me thinking: if it takes some time to learn how to use it (and I am usually so bad at figuring out such things) I might need to go for smth simpler, but on the other hand I want all these advanced features too :) Decisions, decisions ...

Olga

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.