Question for Cathe regarding exercise and boosting immu...

kimberlic

Cathe,
Thanks so much for the videos. I found your site a few months after my daughter was born and was no longer able to get to the gym. I am happy to say I am better shape now than before she was born, much thanks to you.

Anyway, I know you are not an authority on boosting immunity, but you are definetly a working mother and avid exerciser with your fair share of stress. I am wondering, other than eating clean and incorporating a lot of vegetables which I already do, if you have any recommendations for how to ward off colds and mild afflications. Since my daughter started going to day care she is regularly catching something that she invariably gives to me and my husband.

I had thought diet and exercise would make us less likely candidates, but since she was born, I never really rest. I work out, drive, work, pick up my daugther, make meals, do laundry, take care of my little girl and then crash and do it again the next day. I also travel for business on occassion which means I am changing time zones. I love my workouts and hate being sick because I don't have the same energy to push myself. Any suggestions for getting and staying healthy...other than a week in Hawaii which I have been thinking about a lot?

Thanks, Cathe.
Kimberli C

1. never sacrifice your sleep, for to do so is to start on the slippery slope towards plummeting energy levels and ill-health.

2. carve out of each day 30 mins minimum in which you do nothing for anyone else and create a calm inner space for centering yourself. You could zone out, go out and walk in the sunshine, curl up and read, nap, whatever makes you feel good. Everyone needs to have a little "me" time.

3. echinacea is recommended to prevent colds and minor ailments, to boost immune system.

4. delegate where possible, enlist help of others in the household chores (are you married, living with partner? Then that person needs to help out with the evening schedule since you should not be expected to be doing it all: trying to do it all leads many women, including me, to ill-health and depression, etc. If you live alone, can you afford to hire help?)

5. make sure you include time at weekends to unwind, have family time and see friends. Increased social contacts makes for healthier and happier people.

That should start you off!

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.