Question about Slow and Heavy Series

tsut

Cathlete
Hi all –

After being on a long layoff due to illness and a stressful schedule, I started exercising again Sunday. I am starting off with the CTX series this week to let my body adjust to the assault I will face later when I do tapes such as Powermax and Imax * shudder *

My question is – has anyone tried doing the S&H series by doing just one body part per day? I really need to concentrate on cardio but don’t want to sacrifice working out with weights. I’ve had the S&H series for quite some time, but never made the time to fit it into a rotation. I was thinking about doing 45-60 minutes of cardio per day and adding one S&H body part per day. Has anyone done that? I’ve read such good reviews about S&H so I’d like to give them a try.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Not only do I do this pretty often myself, but there was a thread about this some months ago in the Ask Cathe forum and Cathe said it was ok, several people piped up that they did it. So, I'd say you're good to go.

Hi Robin -

How long have you been doing this? Are you seeing increased muscle definition with this rotation? Just curious as I'm an ecto and it takes forever for me to sprout any muscles. Please give me hope!

Hi, just wanted to chime in that I saw great results with S&H as far as definition and didnt know the results I had with strength gains until I went back to a PS rotation! I love S&H but can only do it for about 4 weeks at a time...takes alot of concentration! I did each tape once a week doing cardio on alternate days. Keep in mind that even though you're only going to do one body part per day, that will still average you about 20-25 minutes. (I was under the assumption that the weight work sessions would be about 15 minutes or so...wrong!)I just wanted to mention this in case time is an issue for your workouts.

Have fun,

:)Stacy

tsut, this is only my second week, so I can't help you as far as results go, yet. I'm also an ecto and that's why I'm doing this particular series. Cathe has stated that ectos need to stick with a particular rotation (as far as wts go) for a long period of time for the best results. I plan on doing this for 12 weeks. We shall see. Doing only one body part per day is great, tho. It goes by fast and I don't have time to get bored with the workout. If it were an hour long, then I might. Then I do cardio. I love being sore somewhere every day. I can't wait to post results!!

Robin http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/flower.gif

I did S&H for 4 weeks. At first, I did the sections as they were set up. But when I was short on time, I split them. I liked this better because it can get boring (unfortunately, I got bored quickly doing these) doing a couple sections at a time and it's NO fun doing workouts you're not into. Also, if you're already in your workout clothes, you mine as well get a bodypart in. It's fine to do it this way.

I have a question about this. When you work any upper body part, you're also working 1 or 2 of the others as helper muscles. Doesn't doing one body part per day conflict with the idea of giving your muscles a day of rest in between?

I'm really curious because I would actually love to split my weight work over 6 days like you're suggesting.

Anyone?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.