Question about Shock Cardio Downloads vs. DVD

wendy loo

Banned
Hi Chris,
I pre-ordered Shock Cardio, and I understand that I will receive a code to be able to download these workouts free due to my pre-order...

Since I don't need to have both the DVD and the download version, I'm wondering if Cathe.com is planning to make an offer to those in my situation. Something along these lines:

"If you've pre-ordered our Shock Cardio workouts, but would rather just have the downloads, we will give you a free link to the downloads and a credit to Cathe.com for a future purchase. We understand that you have no use for having both the DVD and download version of the same workouts, and you have stuck with this pre-order for 7 months already. As a token of our appreciation, and to cut back on DVD production costs for us, we are happy to give you this credit in the amount you paid for your preorder, which you were initially told would probably be delivered to you last month. At this rate the DVDs and downloads will not be available for at least another three months. We believe this offer makes sense from a financial standpoint to both Cathe.com and to you, our loyal customer. Of course if you chose to stick with your DVD pre-order, we will still include the free download offer along with your DVDs."

Any chance of this customer-service-oriented announcement happening in the near future?

Thanks,
Wendy

I really think you could get a credit for your preorder if you cancel. However they have already said that the Shock downloads will cost more than the preorder price of your dvd's. Joan

Thanks Joan...

But, that's not what I'm asking. I don't plan to cancel my pre-order. They are offering the Shock Cardio downloads FREE with my preorder. I'm thinking it makes a lot of sense for SNM (and for me) to just not bother giving me the DVDs--I would be happy to just take the free downloads and they can give me a credit for a future purchase with the money I've paid for the discs.

Hi Chris,
I pre-ordered Shock Cardio, and I understand that I will receive a code to be able to download these workouts free due to my pre-order...

Since I don't need to have both the DVD and the download version, I'm wondering if Cathe.com is planning to make an offer to those in my situation. Something along these lines:

"If you've pre-ordered our Shock Cardio workouts, but would rather just have the downloads, we will give you a free link to the downloads and a credit to Cathe.com for a future purchase. We understand that you have no use for having both the DVD and download version of the same workouts, and you have stuck with this pre-order for 7 months already. As a token of our appreciation, and to cut back on DVD production costs for us, we are happy to give you this credit in the amount you paid for your preorder, which you were initially told would probably be delivered to you last month. At this rate the DVDs and downloads will not be available for at least another three months. We believe this offer makes sense from a financial standpoint to both Cathe.com and to you, our loyal customer. Of course if you chose to stick with your DVD pre-order, we will still include the free download offer along with your DVDs."

Any chance of this customer-service-oriented announcement happening in the near future?

Thanks,
Wendy

The Free coupon offer for Shock Cardio is an extra thing we're are doing for our customers who pre-ordered the entire Shock Cardio series, but it is not something you can trade in for something else. Also, we don't expect to take another 3 months to release Shock Cardio and still expect to deliver Shock Cardio this Fall which is what we have said since the beginning as the most likely release date.

The Free coupon offer for Shock Cardio is an extra thing we're are doing for our customers who pre-ordered the entire Shock Cardio series, but it is not something you can trade in for something else.

I'm not asking to trade in the Shock Cardio coupon for something else. I want the Shock Cardio coupon. I don't want the DVDs if I'm getting the downloads.

Then I could use the money I paid for the DVDs that I'm not getting (since, as you've said, you're giving me the coupon as an extra since I pre-ordered the entire Shock Cardio series) to buy some other Cathe.com product later. That way, you don't have to produce my DVDs. Win win. Offer this to all preorders, get half the people to just get the downloads, and it's really a huge win win. And great for the environment to boot :)

Also, we don't expect to take another 3 months to release Shock Cardio and still expect to deliver Shock Cardio this Fall which is what we have said since the beginning as the most likely release date.

Well, as nice as that sounds, it would be quite a task if I'm remembering past timelines correctly. But, hey--I hope it works out that way.

ETA Here's a link from VF that has more on this topic for anyone interested: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=139204

Wendy

Last edited:
personally I don't like downloading the workouts. They would last longer and probably be better quality coming a dvd. and besides that they are going to make the dvd's whether we buy them or not. JMO

Wendy,

You either get free downloads when you buy the dvd's or you have to buy the downloads. You would not have a refund if they don't give you the dvd's it would just be applied to the cost of the downloads. Joan

If you are asking for a credit for what you paid towards your pre-order to be applied towards other videos, you ARE canceling your pre-order. You are essentially canceling it and using the credit you get back from your cancellation to buy other DVD's. Cathe is only giving the free download as a bonus to those who have paid for the preorder. What would make sense in your situation would be for them to just give you the downloads and then credit the difference of what the DVD preorder cost and what the downloads cost.

Now what Liann says makes sense to me. Reduce the charge to what a preorder on the downloads would be. Otherwise what you are asking is for Cathe to give you in-store credit for your pre-order so you can buy something else AND give you the Shock Cardio download. That looks like a win for you but Cathe loses on that one.

Liann....that makes total sense, took the words right out of my mouth!! :p

And on another note.....why can't we all be happy with what's been given to us???? ( In general) I feel SNM is just getting hammered lately with what everyone thinks it should be, how things should be changed, how it should be run, etc. Suggestions are absolutely great, don't get me wrong, but Cathe/Crew/and SNM aren't successful because they made poor business decisions!! . I read about all the griping about when STS was coming out.....and now I"m hearing it about the shock cardio (not just this thread).....I"m just happy as hell that there even IS another quality workout coming out!! Has anyone else felt like this recently?? or am I just being a b****? lol I just feel SNM is so damn busy answering and explaining every little detail about THEIR business decisions...why can't they just run their business??

And on another note.....why can't we all be happy with what's been given to us???? ( In general) I feel SNM is just getting hammered lately with what everyone thinks it should be, how things should be changed, how it should be run, etc. Suggestions are absolutely great, don't get me wrong, but Cathe/Crew/and SNM aren't successful because they made poor business decisions!! . I read about all the griping about when STS was coming out.....and now I"m hearing it about the shock cardio (not just this thread).....I"m just happy as hell that there even IS another quality workout coming out!! Has anyone else felt like this recently?? or am I just being a b****? lol I just feel SNM is so damn busy answering and explaining every little detail about THEIR business decisions...why can't they just run their business??

Pinny150, you took the words right out of my mouth.

I'd like to add that I think what they are offering with the download method is entirely fair. I also think the offer to give pre-orderers the Shock Cardio download free of charge when it's available is incredibly generous.

I personally am looking forward to culling through the downloadable versions of the workouts to put on my new iPod, because I'd like to have an iPod version to take with me to the gym during the workweek if time permits. I should add that I've had my iPod since about February (a really souped-up one that can hold up to 200 hours of video) and I don't even know how to use the damn thing yet; I bought it precisely so that I could download Cathe workouts onto it when the downloads came online.

I'll be putting a similar sentiment onto a stand-alone post, but I'll say here that I think Cathe continues to rule the home-ex fitness world with the variety of her offerings combined with her desire to satisfy as many customers as possible.

A-JOck

...And on another note.....why can't we all be happy with what's been given to us???? ( In general) I feel SNM is just getting hammered lately with what everyone thinks it should be, how things should be changed, how it should be run, etc. Suggestions are absolutely great, don't get me wrong, but Cathe/Crew/and SNM aren't successful because they made poor business decisions!! . I read about all the griping about when STS was coming out.....and now I"m hearing it about the shock cardio (not just this thread).....I"m just happy as hell that there even IS another quality workout coming out!! Has anyone else felt like this recently?? or am I just being a b****? lol I just feel SNM is so damn busy answering and explaining every little detail about THEIR business decisions...why can't they just run their business??

Pinny, you're not alone.

So my question is - if you dont want both and just want the downloads - why dont you cancel your preorder and wait until the downloads are ready - why would SNM even consider doing all these credits and whatever??... what a total pain that just doesnt sound feasible.

Sounds like the downloads wouldnt be avaiable as soon as the DVD's too.

What she said!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.