Question about Rash

Rhonda

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has ever had a red rash on the corner of their lips/mouth. It started off as a small dry area and now it is a little bigger and just won't go away. I went to the doctor but that was no help, guess if I go back I will go to my doctor. They put me with one that was very young and used a laptop searching. Scary thought. Anyway, he said it was anglo...itis (which is a nutritional deficiency) but I have not changed my diet and I take multivitamin. So he was baffled. It did blister a little about a week and a half later so he thought it may be a cold sore so he said I could try Abreeva but I can't tell if it is doing any good. So I thought I would come here and see if anyone has had anything like this and what they did for it. It has been two weeks and I just cannot get rid of it. It is more embarrassing than anything because it is a big red patch on the side of the mouth.

Thanks for any input
Rhonda

Can you see another physician? Can he refer you to a dermatologist? It could be anything, but I would push to have a dermatologist look at it.

Carol
:)

I had this kind of rash in exactly the same place. For me, it was an actinic keratosis which is considered a possible precursor to skin cancer. This condition is very common. My dermatologist prescribed a cream for it which cleared it up after a few months. That was 2 years ago. But now it has come back so I am going back to my dermatologist again.

I echo Carol's suggestion - please see a dermatologist ASAP. Good luck!

Thanks, I will call again. This time I will for sure get my doctor not some young kid that goes to the laptop.

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.