Question about ease of access for workouts

KimDW

Cathlete
I am thinking about getting rid of my gym membership (not going and don't really like the place) and going back to my Cathe workouts at home. I currently pay $20 per month at the gym.

So my questions are: How easy is it to access the OnDemand or the Live classes? I have an IPhone 6, an older IPAD and a Toshiba laptop. What is the best thing to use? We have a projector in the basement so there is no TV to plug wires into.

I don't have any of the workouts that were released after 2016. I get bored easily and need variety. And I love the idea of being able to have access to her live classes.

Thanks!!

Hi Kim,

The largest screen probably is using your laptop and going to www.cathe.com/stream , making sure you are signed in under the tab 'My Account', then clicking on the tab 'Cathe Live' or 'OnDemand'.

Easiest way is using your iPad (if it works with your older model) with the Cathe OnDemand and Cathe Live apps.

There 'might' be a way to hook up to your projector... laptop to projector via an HDMI cable.... or iPad/iPhone to projector via an HDMI cable plus an iPad/iPhone adapter.

I love Cathe Live :) Have fun!!

I love Cathe On Demand and Cathe Live. Cathe Live is probably my favorite way to workout. The energy is amazing!

For Cathe On Demand I use my iPhone with the Cathe On Demand app, and I sync to Google Chromecast (about $40) hooked up to my big screen TV.

For Cathe Live I have a Roku Premiere+ (about $90) and have the Cathe Live channel on there.

Here's what didn't work for *me*: I tried mirroring my iPhone to an Apple TV (3rd generation) for Cathe Live, and there was a lot of pixelation, and sometimes it would kick me off mid workout, and I couldn't get to finish. That was frustrating. So far Roku has been amazing quality for the Live workouts. Cathe On Demand also has a Roku channel, but I like to do some of the premixes, and I don't think those are available (could be wrong).

I love Cathe On Demand and Cathe Live. Cathe Live is probably my favorite way to workout. The energy is amazing!

For Cathe On Demand I use my iPhone with the Cathe On Demand app, and I sync to Google Chromecast (about $40) hooked up to my big screen TV.

For Cathe Live I have a Roku Premiere+ (about $90) and have the Cathe Live channel on there.

Here's what didn't work for *me*: I tried mirroring my iPhone to an Apple TV (3rd generation) for Cathe Live, and there was a lot of pixelation, and sometimes it would kick me off mid workout, and I couldn't get to finish. That was frustrating. So far Roku has been amazing quality for the Live workouts. Cathe On Demand also has a Roku channel, but I like to do some of the premixes, and I don't think those are available (could be wrong).

How do you sync the iPhone app with Google Chromecast? And can you not stream Cathe Live that way as well? I don't want to buy two devices. I have a Sony DVD player that I can get the usual suspects (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc), so I'm looking for the cheapest way to stream both On Demand and Live. I'm looking for the ease of use of the streaming services along with better picture quality than my DVDs. Thanks!

How do you sync the iPhone app with Google Chromecast? And can you not stream Cathe Live that way as well? I don't want to buy two devices. I have a Sony DVD player that I can get the usual suspects (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc), so I'm looking for the cheapest way to stream both On Demand and Live. I'm looking for the ease of use of the streaming services along with better picture quality than my DVDs. Thanks!

I have a Chromecast app that allowed me to sync. Then when I'm on the Cathe On Demand app I just have it show on my TV via Chromecast. And, no, as far as I know you cannot view Cathe Live via Chromecast. There is a FAQ / How-to page with various ways to watch:
https://cathe.com/ondemand-cathe-live-tutorials/

I have a Roku, Chromecast and a laptop. I use the Roku mostly for Live. There are some workouts that don't show up yet on Roku so I use my laptop for those. Just for fun (I like to try out these things for some reason :) ), once in awhile I use the Chromecast to view Cathe Live from my iPad/iPhone to my TV. It's a little techy to figure out but I use an app called iWebTV.

I have a Roku, Chromecast and a laptop. I use the Roku mostly for Live. There are some workouts that don't show up yet on Roku so I use my laptop for those. Just for fun (I like to try out these things for some reason :) ), once in awhile I use the Chromecast to view Cathe Live from my iPad/iPhone to my TV. It's a little techy to figure out but I use an app called iWebTV.

Thank you for the iWebTV info! I've downloaded the app, and now I can do Live via Chromecast when impatiently waiting for them to make it to Roku.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.